Let's Start an MN Challenge!!!!

runwaydream

Well this is my 2 week comparison pic of the same area not sure:perplexed ...anyone see any progress? I have alot of new growth all over my head but this difficult area seems very thin in comparison (guess that's why it's difficult!)...oh well, it's only been 2 weeks, next update in 4 weeks time-hopefully no gaps!
Pic on left is at the start, second is after 2 weeks.

uh...YEA!! r u kidding?! thats a HUGE difference. it looks way better!! keep it up! b4 no time that spot will be filled w. hair

Songbirdb

Well this is my 2 week comparison pic of the same area not sure:perplexed ...anyone see any progress? I have alot of new growth all over my head but this difficult area seems very thin in comparison (guess that's why it's difficult!)...oh well, it's only been 2 weeks, next update in 4 weeks time-hopefully no gaps!

It does look a lot better. It looks like great progress to me.

MissFallon

I want to join. Am I too late? I used MN last year and had good growth. I'm tryng to make it as close to BSL by June.

napgurl

This is great for just 2 weeks. You should be very happy.

laketta

I am officially in as of this evening. I had to wash and clean up my ends before I started. I will admit this mixture on my open scalp pores tingles nicely.

gabulldawg

I think I was supposed to post my MN results on this thread. Please check my signature pics for my results! I'm pretty happy with them and can't wait to see more results. I plan on stopping use of my MN mixture for a few weeks for health purposes. My next MN mixture is going to consist of MN and some Hot 6 oil from Bronner Brothers, since I have ran out of BT. :sad: I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to get anymore yet.

God_Favor

WOW :drunk::drunk::drunk:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cocoa21

Hi ladies. I'm a newbie, but I'm interested in participating in this challenge. I bought two tubes of MN from Walmart b/c FD didn't have any....... and I went to three stores in my area. :blush: I guess some of ya'll are in my neck of the woods! :rolleyes:

I mixed it with Africa's Best Hair Fertilizer Hair Cream, Africa's Best Hair Oil, and a little Sulfur 8. The oil has alot of natural oils mixed in it so I kept it simple with just that one oil product. I've been using my mixture since the weekend and started on a freshly washed and conditioned head. It tingled like everyone mentioned, but I didn't bask in the effects for too long before I fell asleep. :grin:

My only grief right now is that my mixture is oily. I co-washed / deep conditioned last night w/ a protein conditioner to get rid of some of the oil in my hair and my scalp started tingling again. I guess the conditioner woke up the MN....lol. It was a light tingle and didn't bother me so I let it sit for 2 hours (while I talked to my SO, bff and surfed the net) and when I rinsed it out, my hair was SOOOOOO soft and WAS NOT tangled!!!! The comb went right through. That's major for me. I sprayed some Motions moisturizer and applied a little hair fertilizer cream, wrapped my hair, and tied my head w/ a silk scarf. I was going to sleep w/ my plastic cap on but I was too lazy to reach for it. =(

I'm interested in seeing if MN is going to work for me. I apply it every night in the same manner one would apply grease to their scalp. Since my mixture is so oily, I'll probably have to co-wash 2x a week instead of one, or apply it every other night. This is my first week so I'm taking it day by day.

Anyways. Wish me luck, and I hope everyone gets the results they're looking for.:cheers:

Last edited:

It~Can~Grow

One exception is that I believe they mentioned applying mixture every 'other' day instead of daily?

Hi ladies. I'm a newbie, but I'm interested in participating in this challenge. I bought two tubes of MN from Walmart b/c FD didn't have any....... and I went to three stores in my area. :blush: I guess some of ya'll are in my neck of the woods! :rolleyes:

I mixed it with Africa's Best Hair Fertilizer Hair Cream, Africa's Best Hair Oil, and a little Sulfur 8. The oil has alot of natural oils mixed in it so I kept it simple with just that one oil product. I've been using my mixture since the weekend and started on a freshly washed and conditioned head. It tingled like everyone mentioned, but I didn't bask in the effects for too long before I fell asleep. :grin:

My only grief right now is that my mixture is oily. I co-washed / deep conditioned last night w/ a protein conditioner to get rid of some of the oil in my hair and my scalp started tingling again. I guess the conditioner woke up the MN....lol. It was a light tingle and didn't bother me so I let it sit for 2 hours (while I talked to my SO, bff and surfed the net) and when I rinsed it out, my hair was SOOOOOO soft and WAS NOT tangled!!!! The comb went right through. That's major for me. I sprayed some Motions moisturizer and applied a little hair fertilizer cream, wrapped my hair, and tied my head w/ a silk scarf. I was going to sleep w/ my plastic cap on but I was too lazy to reach for it. =(

I'm interested in seeing if MN is going to work for me. I apply it every night in the same manner one would apply grease to their scalp. Since my mixture is so oily, I'll probably have to co-wash 2x a week instead of one, or apply it every other night. This is my first week so I'm taking it day by day.

Anyways. Wish me luck, and I hope everyone gets the results they're looking for.:cheers:

It~Can~Grow

I was just trying to stick with the recommended usage since I was unfamiliar with the product/process, but I guess you could use as often as you deem necessary.

GL :yep:

Cocoa21

^^ Yeah. I apply every night b/c my scalp absorbs moisture and oil fast, and even though my mixture caused my hair to be oily, my scalp would NEED oiling by the end of the night. I was considering skipping a day but I can't stand for my scalp to be dry, so I may just oil everyday and co wash 2x a wk.

Question ladies, how often do you wash and co-wash your hair in a week while using MN?

^^ Yeah. I apply every night b/c my scalp absorbs moisture and oil fast, and even though my mixture caused my hair to be oily, my scalp would NEED oiling by the end of the night. I was considering skipping a day but I can't stand for my scalp to be dry, so I may just oil everyday and co wash 2x a wk.

Question ladies, how often do you wash and co-wash your hair in a week while using MN?

After reading advice on LHCF, I wash my hair 2 (or 3) times a week. I think it helps to rinse away the debris that my MN mixture lifts off my scalp- letting it 'breathe'. I also deep condition with each wash, my hair has been responding well to this so far :peace:

barbiesocialite

I would like to join this challenge.... I've been using my MN mix since about the first week in December. I've already begun to notice my hairline thickening and the top of my hair that I leave out to cover my my tracks appears to be so much healthier and blends in easily with my straight weave.
In my MN mix: MN, ORS Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Optimum Dry Hair Healer
I use the MN mix and massage my scalp and hairline twice a day.
I'm optimistic bc everything is going very well so far, so hopefully I'll stick to it. Good Luck everyone! :)

mrs_hair4daze

why is MN giving my new growth a hard/rough feel?

So I’ve been using MN going on 3 weeks and so far I’ve noticed that my new growth is turning hard. It use to be soft and laid down w/ a little EVOO and S-Curl but now it wont stay down with anything but a very tight silk scarf. My main concern is why is it turning hard/rough feeling?

It doesn't feel this way after I condition but once I apply the MN (which I’m mixing w/ doogrow) and it dries it is so rough! Is this a side effect that anyone else is experiencing? I don't remember any other post mentioning it.

It~Can~Grow

Re: why is MN giving my new growth a hard/rough feel?

Humm...I don't know...maybe something in the 'doo gro' ingredients is causing this?

I mix my MN with Sulfur 8 and eo's. My new growth is coming in as it has in the past.

SCurly and does not get hard?
So I’ve been using MN going on 3 weeks and so far I’ve noticed that my new growth is turning hard. It use to be soft and laid down w/ a little EVOO and S-Curl but now it wont stay down with anything but a very tight silk scarf. My main concern is why is it turning hard/rough feeling?

It doesn't feel this way after I condition but once I apply the MN (which I’m mixing w/ doogrow) and it dries it is so rough! Is this a side effect that anyone else is experiencing? I don't remember any other post mentioning it.

Cocoa21

After reading advice on LHCF, I wash my hair 2 (or 3) times a week. I think it helps to rinse away the debris that my MN mixture lifts off my scalp- letting it 'breathe'. I also deep condition with each wash, my hair has been responding well to this so far :peace:

Thanks. I have braids now so I can't co-wash as frequently, but I'm still using my MN.

mikal

hey ladies - im a newbie and have hopped on the MN challenge - i apply it straight (CVS brand 2%) to my hairline, with a little bit of evoo or Mizani H2O intensive treatment at nite and massage my scalp. when do i start to see results? have any of you all noticed anything? i knwo its only been a week but i dont feel any tingling or anything :nono: I WANT TO TINGLE!!! I WANT TO GROW!! am i doing something wrong or should i just wait - i havent gotten any headaches, so i guess thats promising :rolleyes: .. so do i just need to give it more time??

ChrissyB

Re: why is MN giving my new growth a hard/rough feel?

Mrs Hair4daze: MN is drying so you may need to add more moisturizing products to your mixture. I once made up a batch of MN using a different product than I normally use and it made my new growth hard. Now, I'm using MN, coconut oil, jojoba oil, some Profectiv Mega Growth Lotion for more moisture, 10% sulphur ointment (the Sulphur 8 left my hair TOO greasy!), and a few drops of peppermint oil.

You will find that as you adjust your mixture by adding/decreasing oils, you will experience better results as far as the softness of your new growth and the greasiness of your hair is concerned.

ChrissyB

hey ladies - im a newbie and have hopped on the MN challenge - i apply it straight (CVS brand 2%) to my hairline, with a little bit of evoo or Mizani H2O intensive treatment at nite and massage my scalp. when do i start to see results? have any of you all noticed anything? i knwo its only been a week but i dont feel any tingling or anything :nono: I WANT TO TINGLE!!! I WANT TO GROW!! am i doing something wrong or should i just wait - i havent gotten any headaches, so i guess thats promising :rolleyes: .. so do i just need to give it more time??

Unless I put peppermint oil in my mixture, I don't get any tingles. Ever. But my hair is definitely growing faster since using MN. I have been using it since Thanksgiving. My best advice is to just wait a bit, the new growth doesn't appear instantly but for me, once it did, it was very pronounced and the results were much more obvious to me. You just kind of wake up one day and have new growth.

Also, if you keep your hair straight all the time, you might not truly be able to see your new growth. I didn't notice how much I had until I air dried my hair one day. Then I was able to really tell b/c I hadn't used any heat or special processes to get my hair straight (thereby straightening the new growth as well).

And careful with applying it straight to your scalp. I know you said you mix a little EVOO or Mizani, but you will get more use out of each tube by mixing it with more products. It will still work just fine and you can avoid the potential mind blowing headache people get from using it straight (my mom included!).

Chiba_revolution

Okay am a newbie so I want the answer in plain dumb English lol
i have a tube of BT, it I buy the small 2% NM you can get on ebay can I just squeeze the whole tube in the BT bottle and apply to my scalp as normal????:lachen:

CocoGlow

I'M DEFINITELY IN! :grin:

I thought I posted here but there are soo many threads about MN I guess I missed this one!:spinning:

It's only been a week and I thinK I notice some unusual growth. I have in small natural box braids that I wear under Wigs all day so I can see my growth coming in clearly...

Here is the mix that I am using

Generic MN 2% cream
Generic Capsacian cream
Herbal Tea w/ MSM powder dissolved in it
Peppermint Essential Oil

MSM is another form of sulphur--this version of sulphur has no scent & dissolves in water not oil--a better alternative than stinky yellow sulphur :)

My herbl tea consists of various stimulating & moisturizing herbs.

I don't have exact measurements, but there is more MN cream than anything else...if you use too much Capsacian cream or peppermint EO your scalp will be on fire, especially if your scalp pores are open like after washing...I don't know if your scalp will literally burn but it is a very unpleasant experience (let me tell ya)!!!

I think I may purchase the generic MN 4% after this month is up to see if my hair grows any faster!!!

I took pics the first day I used it and I will take more pics at the end of this month for comparison...

UPDATE:

1 MONTH MN GROWTH COMPARISON!

Sorry I did not officially measure my hair, but I think it grew 1 inch based on the pics!

My hair reached the tip of my nose on Jan 1st & it reached the tip of my top lip on Feb 1st! :grin:

NappyRina

Last edited:

poookie

Okay am a newbie so I want the answer in plain dumb English lol
i have a tube of BT, it I buy the small 2% NM you can get on ebay can I just squeeze the whole tube in the BT bottle and apply to my scalp as normal????:lachen:

yes! lol

that should speed up your results; adding MN to BT like that.

poookie

UPDATE:

1 MONTH MN GROWTH COMPARISON!

Sorry I did not officially measure my hair, but I think it grew 1 inch based on the pics!

My hair reached the tip of my nose on Jan 1st & it reached the tip of my top lip on Feb 1st! :grin:

NappyRina

sheesh, that's some amazing growth for just a month!

Peaches75

Any growth updates? I haven't been consistant but still I have good growth but I won't get a t-up until March so I see how much growth then.