Most Expensive Hair Product You Spent Money On...

bklyncurly

Ojon Hair Oil (the one in the jar) - It worked nicely, but it smelled like cigarettes and coffee (at least in my hair) = $40???

Spiral curling iron - ridiculous purchase when all I have to do is let my hair dry for tight curls or flat iron and braid it for the wave effect = $35???

Kerastase shamppo - expensive, BUT, my local Target (few years ago) marked it down to under $5.00/bottle (by accident I was told when I went back the next day). I bought every bottle on the shelf! I still have some left!! :grin:

SherylsTresses

I generally don't spend big bucks on hair products. The most expensive was probably a tub of Nexxus Humectin conditioner for $30 and I must say that I love it. :yep: Or maybe it was my Joico and I'm not so thrilled with it but I use it anyway.

afrikurl

*I bought a flat iron for $50- It was Remington. I loved it then I stepped on it and broke it after one use.

*One of them marcel ceramic ovens. Only used once. I'm bout to sell it on ebay - I think it was $45

*and Aphogee, the second step- almost $30

I did repurchase a Remington iron. This time i got it from big lots for $15.

I now know the key to straight hair is not more heat, I'm working on my technique so I can keep the hair on my head and keep it kinky. So no more oven for me.

I love aphogee but I'd like to get to a point where all of my hair and body products are natural so I probably won't repurchase

MizAvalon

Probably Kerastase products.

As far as appliances, definitely my Pibbs. Had it for almost 3 years and still love and use it all the time.

loonggood

Well did it work? And Will you buy it again?
I bought

Phytospecific Night Treatment: The Best Purchase I made this year. Will definitely buy again

J.f Lazartigue Pre Poo Shea Butter Mask: Good but there are cheaper alternatives. Wont buy again

Rene Furterer Karite No Rinse Cream and Deep Conditioner: Totally worth the bucks but wont buy again

Kerastase Ciment Thermique: Totally in love with everything here. Will buy again.

I'd love to know what u splurged on and if it was worth the price...

Thanks in advance

ACTUALLY!MOST HUMAN HAIR PRODUCTS ARE MADE IN CHINA ,THEY IMPORT THEM FROM CHINESE SUPPLIER ,THEN SELLL THEM,Why not order directly from factory?

LABETT

PIBBS 514 Dryer-worth every penny and will repurchase again

FHI Platform SE Flatiron,my favorite and it works better than my CHI

Dudley DRC 28 Protein Treatment- this a tried and true staple

Phyto Relaxer,I used for 2 years and now I am back to Mizani Butter Blends

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
all of Ms. Jessie's products - and the only one I like is the baby buttercreme on my daughters. I only buy it in Dec when they have the BOGO. I've found other comparable products since then but I still love the smell and consistency of the baby buttercreme. I won't repurchase any of the other products though.

Same here...I have tried their entire line and they simply do not agree with my hair :nono:. Wont be spending any more money on this line.

Barbara

Princess
Wow! I thought my primary staples were expensive!

For the first ten years, I spent money solely on the Verifen Complex hair care system. Since they come from New York, I would take advantage of the refill sizes--plus I would stock up on other items they had to offer. You can examine the prices at their website. I'm too lazy to type them.

During the last five years, and since the economy is bad, I prefer to rotate them every other month with other inexpensive products that give me good results, thanks to Long Hair Care Forum. :superbanana:

Last edited:

Eluv

Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner

It works great and I would buy it again when I'm not on a strict budget.

HeChangedMyName

Same here on the Moroccan Oil but Sally's Argan Oil is a close equivalent and much, much cheaper. Unrelated question...how do you get your bun so pretty and neat?

Whenever my Moroccan oil runs out, I plan to try the Sally's version. I've heard good things about it here on the board.

I use a donut that I made and rather than trying to stuff my ends under, I just spread my hair evenly after i put the donut over my pony, then I put a band on it slicking the hair down, then all i have to do is swirl the very tips around and tuck the last end in. works like a charm.

I need to pull out my good ole bun, its been a while since I wore it.

SoSwanky

Perfectly Posh...
Let's see...

Most Expensive Products-
Mizani Moisturefuse- $35.00- on the fence about repurchase
Affirm Relaxer 4lb Tub -?- Great relaxer, but I now use Mizani Butterblends
Affirm Reconstructor- $28.00- Great Condish treatment, wellworth it

Most Expensive Tools-
Ion BlowDryer- $60.00- Great, but if it broke I would buy a Twin Turbo for blowouts as this is the only purpose for my blowdryer
FHI Flat iron- $109.00- Wouldn't give it up for the world
Sedu Flat iron (larger size)- $129.00- Wouldn't give it up as well
Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri- $309.00- I haven't gotten it yet, as it is in transit to my house and scheduled to arrive, but if it dries my hair in an hour or less, I will be sold and it will be my latest love.

fletgee

J.F. Lazatique-Carrot Hair Masque...I bought 2 @$75.00 each. Yah, $150.00 and it did nothing for my hair. Zip, zap, zilch.

Wanakee Hair Care System-When I bought it Wanakee was selling it. It was the 1st and only system I ever bought. You couldl say it was my hair care training wheels. Every product worked....hmm......everything was there....hmm..I did not need to buy anything else...cost around $80.00..hmm. Where's that number..............................

Kindheart

In 10 years I ve spent a fortune on hair products .Keracare Tub was 40$,Kerastase 16oz mask 55 ,phyto products imo are crap and I literally tried them all , the mask for very dry hair made my hair Tangled and crispy dry(I tried it 6 times!)
GHD flat iron 120 .MyHoney and Oyin products have an outrageous shipping rate .

hothair

BKT - yes and I would buy more once this runs out
Aveda DR Intensive treatment- yes
Kinky Curly custard- it does make my coils pop but...
Hair dryer- no point I can't stand to sit underneath it- my sis uses it though
Lacefront- they were great when I started buy now I spend half my year in a hot climate so nah won't be buying more
GHD- it was good but no way to control the temperature so I bought
FHI-my favourite I want the Runway though :look:

I'm sure there's more but I can't think what.

Imani

Too many to name

Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme- $58 only used it once so far, it did make my hair soft, but I really don't know how/what I will use it for

Phytojoba/Phytokarite conditioners- $38 a peice, didnt really do much for me. I've actually bought a lot of phytospecific and phyto products, they are all pretty expensive, don't feel like listing them all, the above two were the priciest. When i was relaxed, my stylist used to use them on my hair and it was healthy and pretty until she moved, but somehow I could never duplicate the results at home

Ojon restorative treatment- Don't remember how much it cost, maybe $30 for little jar? It stank and I didn't really continue using it

Ojon moisturizing conditioner- Maybe $28. Did nothing for me

Frederick Fekkai Shea butter conditioner- Think this was like $30 at Sephora. It make my hair hard and left these tiny chunks of product in my hair

Affirm Fiberguard sustenance conditioner- about $40 I think. Before I transitioned I was using Fiberguard relaxers so I bought this conditioner. It was OK.

Used to pay $95 (there was an upcharge for Phyto, other relaxers would be like $65) at the salon for Phytospecific relaxer. Dried my hair out, stopped using it

Currently, I've been actually using alot of Design Essentials products and they really aren't that expensive at all.

SUPER SWEET

Big bad Growth stretch cream Reconstructor :love: Worth every penny! It's over 50 bucks :eek: It lasts a year though
Dudley's DRC 50 bucks Very good for sick hair..it's a mircle healer. This will last a year or more.

ActionActress

Not quite a hair products but a hair vitamin: VIVISCAL when it became popular on the boards. LOL! Everyone wads trying to find a site to purchase in multiple quantities.

AA

constance

A CHI several years ago @ $100. Most recently I spent almost $15 for CHI heat protectant. I still can't believe I spent that much on the latter esp. since I didn't do any research (it prob wasn't the best spray available).

Bee Mine Growth Serum. For a mom on a tight budget, yes, it was expensive, lol. It did help thicken my edges a bit. I gave the rest to my mom who would benefit from it more.

Ballerina_Bun

Ojon Hair Oil (the one in the jar) - It worked nicely, but it smelled like cigarettes and coffee (at least in my hair) = $40???

Spiral curling iron - ridiculous purchase when all I have to do is let my hair dry for tight curls or flat iron and braid it for the wave effect = $35???

Kerastase shamppo - expensive, BUT, my local Target (few years ago) marked it down to under $5.00/bottle (by accident I was told when I went back the next day). I bought every bottle on the shelf! I still have some left!! :grin:

:lick: :blush: Lucky! I would've done the same thing. Then I would've checked other local Targets in hope of finding the same "deal" :look:

lea86111

-mizani butter rich deep nourishing hairdress $15.99 for 8 oz. It totally sucked for my hair! :throwup:
-QBBRBC for about $16.00 counting shipping for 8oz, best purchase ever!
- croc2 flat iron for about $80 on amazon, i like it so no complaints here

rririla

Ojon treatment in the jar. $55.00 b4 tax.....and Kerastase Masquintense also around $60.00 B4 tax.....never repurchased, even though I LOVED the way the Ojon made my hair feel.....I'm just gonna rock out with my EVCO.:grin: and my beloved Henna!!!!

Mandy4610

These products are my most expensive and worth every Penny

1. Pibbs 514 - $300 cdn
2. Sedu flatiron - $130 with shipping
3. Maxiglide - I think about $110 with shipping and all
4. Qhemet moisturizers (2) - $40 (darn shipping costs the same as the products):nono: