MTG Stench just won't die

MeechUK said:
Juicy555,
there is a proven EO mixture, 10 drops each of Thyme, Cedarwood, Rosemary & Lavender, which is a proven hair growth method. Since EO have a strong potent smell I am confident that this mixture coupled with MTG, should mask its smell as well increase hair growth potential. The smell of the EO mxture is very fresh and refreshing on the scalp, I use it daily in my spritzes and am very confident it can mask the smell of MTG.

MeechUK

I've been using the EO mixture for about 6 months (THANKS NONIE!) with great results. Humm, I'll add the MTG and see what happens!

arizona said:
Well I've masked the scent with the cheapest EO I could find...Lemon Oil and it WORKS! I smell like a "lemon drop" according to my son and my husband loves it. Plus lemon oil is good for scalp circulation. I pour mtg in a 6 oz. applicator bottle and then added 100 drops of lemon oil. I know it's alot, but this EO is only about $2 so it's still cost effective. The bottle lasted me one month using it every other day for about 6 weeks.

That's great that you get a lemon drop smell. :) Arizona, where did you purchase your lemon oil? Thanks. :) I will be starting MTG soon.

Last edited:
All of my white co-workers kept asking me if I was burning INSENSE in my office! :eek:

Time to cut back.....:lol:

Has anybody used sulfer powder in thier own concotion? If so does that stink too? I tought about trying that out but was curious about the smell or if it had any. TIA!

SexySin985 said:
wow, the smell doesn't bother me at all:)

Same here. I use it straight with no EO's/fragranced oils added. I use it on a damp scalp/hair, and from a thread I researched this works...the stench is nearly completely gone by the time the hair dries. But man oh man is that stuff strong on dry hair. Its not intolerable to me, though.

WomanlyCharm said:
Lnast night I wet my hair in the shower after putting MTG on days ago...I almost passed out!
The smell was so strong..my bf stuck his head in the bathroom and yelled, "your horse head is starting to stink up the bedroom!"
Talk about embarassing...:look:

:lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol: :lachen: :lachen:
Girl, I almost fell outta my chair when I read that!!! You are absolutly right! When that warm water hits that head...the funk comes out swingin!!

Jewell said:
Same here. I use it straight with no EO's/fragranced oils added. I use it on a damp scalp/hair, and from a thread I researched this works...the stench is nearly completely gone by the time the hair dries. But man oh man is that stuff strong on dry hair. Its not intolerable to me, though.

Me too. I use it when my hair is wet or dry.

Jewell said:

ditto.....

The smell isn't THAT strong to me.

I use it on wet hair and mix it with peppermint oil. I also mist my hair several times a day with a mixture of water, hot 6 oil, and peppermint oil...so that may help with the smell too. My hair is also always in a ponytail. Are those of you who are having problems with the smell wearing your hair down? Maybe having your hair down and swinging around makes the smell more noticable?

I've been mixing mine with a little conditioner and patchouli eo. People at work walk past and sniff my hair and ask me what I have on.They like it. One of the guys wife works at some place that makes eo and he says that patchouli masks a lot of smells. I worked out this morning and had no bacon smell later.

Phoenix said:
The smell isn't THAT strong to me.

I use it on wet hair and mix it with peppermint oil. I also mist my hair several times a day with a mixture of water, hot 6 oil, and peppermint oil...so that may help with the smell too. My hair is also always in a ponytail. Are those of you who are having problems with the smell wearing your hair down? Maybe having your hair down and swinging around makes the smell more noticable?
Wet hair is the key....don't put that monkey on DRY hair...you'll catch high hell! But I try to keep it 100%, or add just a few drops of peppermint or lemongrass

juicy555 said:
It's been thickening up my hair lovely, but the smell is still killing me:eek:. I've added peppermint oil and I smell like a giant candy cane (with oh so tingly scalp)... and that's great and I apply it when hair's damp, and that tones it down too... but then I work out the next day and the true MTG stench rises back to the fore. So embarrassing!!!! I work out 5 times a week and have started cutting back using MTG becasue of this. Short of co washing every work out day, I'm not sure what to do. Any sugestions?
I have found that surge hair deodorizer works very well on the mtg smell. I use on wet and dry hair and by the time i leave the house no one can smell it. I even make my cousin do a smell test on my hair just so i know its working.:lol:

Wow what great ideas. I'm truly blessed. Betweeen the various EOs and the Surge I should be good to go. The rosemary/tyme/cedar combo is really doing it so far. Had moderate work out and there were no problems. Will see tomorrow when I have my sweat fest cardio workout if it can hold up. :)

brownsugar9999 said:
Wet hair is the key....don't put that monkey on DRY hair...you'll catch high hell! But I try to keep it 100%, or add just a few drops of peppermint or lemongrass

LMAOROTF girl I swear you sound just like my sister!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you to the sista who suggested the rosemary EO mix. It worked!! I sweated haaaard today in cardio class and smelled no MTG!!! :trampolin

I just received my MTG in the mail, just started using it on saturday, i've been able to mask it's smell by jogging outside, took the scent right out, today I washed my hair and sprayed razac hair oil on it. also i'm not putting a whole lot on my hair at a time

Teacake said:
That's great that you get a lemon drop smell. :) Arizona, where did you purchase your lemon oil? Thanks. :) I will be starting MTG soon.
I'm sooooo sorry for the late response Teacake, I've been having problems with my connection because my subdivision is new and they keep messing with the lines...anywho. I buy my lemon oil at the local health food store. You can just look in the phone book or google "buy essential oils" and you will get websites that sell them.
HTH!

arizona said:
I'm sooooo sorry for the late response Teacake, I've been having problems with my connection because my subdivision is new and they keep messing with the lines...anywho. I buy my lemon oil at the local health food store. You can just look in the phone book or google "buy essential oils" and you will get websites that sell them.
HTH!

Thanks Arizona! :) No problem. :) I appreciate the information. I am going to check out Trader Joe's, and GNC this weekend, and see what I find. The lemon scent would be nice, if I can find it.

Teacake :)

Back