My 1 Year Update As A Natural!! (Many Pics)

Stormy

Wow! Now that's some REAL progress! That's it I'm doing the BC too! LOL! You didn't like it at first? Your hair was and still is gorgeous! See, you're one of those natural beauties who can wear their hair short, medium or long. :yep:

Keep up the good work!

ibeleevenme

Wow, you def. do look great! (Crazy how men can't compliment other men without getting a complex lol) Anyway, your short hair was too cute. I could never brave it the way you did my head would look absolutely crazy balancing on my neck but you have made wonderful progress!!!! I'm scared to start my hair journey and pics, but you are giving me courage cause yours look great.

Faith

I think you've done very well in 1 year. Just baby those ends you are unhappy with and they'll recover. And you are very gorgeous. I used to see your avatar/signature and I always meant to ask if it was a picture of a model and what her name was. Had no idea it was you :lol: Are you of East African descent? Your features remind me of my friends here.

Last edited:

abordeaux

What a beautiful woman you are.
Your BC is what inspired me to BC. I read your post and thought, wow nappy is beautiful, so I went ahead and BCed in March:look: well....Needless to say it did not turn out like yours, but it was pretty anyway!:grin:
Your progress is amazing and natural hair really compliments your beautiful features.

You grow girl!

Your hair is beautiful, woman!

Wow! Now that's some REAL progress! That's it I'm doing the BC too! LOL! You didn't like it at first? Your hair was and still is gorgeous! See, you're one of those natural beauties who can wear their hair short, medium or long. :yep:

Keep up the good work!

I liked it for about 7 hours until what I had done set in, then I had a slight breakdown.:look:

It took some getting used to, as well as my SO. A lot of women wear their hair as a cloak and I had NONE! I was insecure about it for a couple of months. Now, I love my hair.

Wow, you def. do look great! (Crazy how men can't compliment other men without getting a complex lol) Anyway, your short hair was too cute. I could never brave it the way you did my head would look absolutely crazy balancing on my neck but you have made wonderful progress!!!! I'm scared to start my hair journey and pics, but you are giving me courage cause yours look great.

Girl, you just need to do it! I'm glad I did my original photos because when it came time to do my update, I was feeling really lazy about it. But I was looking over my photos and it encouraged me to see how far I've come. Just do it!

ibeleevenme

Your hair is beautiful, woman!

I liked it for about 7 hours until what I had done set in, then I had a slight breakdown.:look:

It took some getting used to, as well as my SO. A lot of women wear their hair as a cloak and I had NONE! I was insecure about it for a couple of months. Now, I love my hair.

Girl, you just need to do it! I'm glad I did my original photos because when it came time to do my update, I was feeling really lazy about it. But I was looking over my photos and it encouraged me to see how far I've come. Just do it!

-I'm trying lol... I have long since outgrown my relaxer I just didn't have the courage to cut it all off. (so it FELL out instead) but now I'm kinda pumped and am getting the courage to get do my pics at home. I'm going to do them in all states... Wet, and dry. and then start the measuring. I am going to try my hardest to track my progress to the best of my ability. I'm also going to try to do pictures with the henna when I try it. So after every new idea - Snap... DC progress - Snap... etc...

IrisDaVirus

WOW! You've made great progress! And your TWA really showed off the gorgeous features of your face! But keep growing out that gorgeous hair lady! You are GORGEOUS! :up: :up:

Calia001

absolutely gorgeous. maybe your flat iron isnt hot enough, what temp setting do you use? and do you apply heat protectant?

dreamlovermd

You are Gorgeous, great progress with your hair.
I am also natural, and I put oil in my hair before I shampoo, (I mix different oils together) and I always; ALWAYS deep condition with oil in my hair. Lets put it this way, I always use oil as my conditioner. I deep condition every time I do my hair. My hair loves it, and the shine and feel of my hair is amazing. It looks dry rarely, but if you touched my hair, you will see shine on your hands, and feel the silkiness in my hair. Its amazing what a little bit of oil can do for your hair when you run out of conditioner. Using oil in my hair as a conditioner was the best thing I stumbled upon. I haven't trimmed my hair in a year, and I have no split ends. Praise the Lord, All my Soul, and all that is with in. Bless his Holy Name
I have no color in my hair and like I said I am natural.

abordeaux

I think you've done very well in 1 year. Just baby those ends you are unhappy with and they'll recover. And you are very gorgeous. I used to see your avatar/signature and I always meant to ask if it was a picture of a model and what her name was. Had no idea it was you :lol: Are you of East African descent? Your features remind me of my friends here.

I'm not sure. :(

One of these days I will trace my lineage.

-I'm trying lol... I have long since outgrown my relaxer I just didn't have the courage to cut it all off. (so it FELL out instead) but now I'm kinda pumped and am getting the courage to get do my pics at home. I'm going to do them in all states... Wet, and dry. and then start the measuring. I am going to try my hardest to track my progress to the best of my ability. I'm also going to try to do pictures with the henna when I try it. So after every new idea - Snap... DC progress - Snap... etc...

I didn't do month to month progress checks, that'd be too much for me. I did a one month check after the BC and then 1 year update. That was it! I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself. From here on out, I may do a length check every 6 months. Length isn't very important to me, I just want my fro t get as big as possible!:lachen:

absolutely gorgeous. maybe your flat iron isnt hot enough, what temp setting do you use? and do you apply heat protectant?

Some people said that it may have been because the ends of my hair are still holding old dye. The rest of hair was perfectly smooth, only the dyed ends were frizzy. I'm going to cut them off before my next update. I think there's about an inch of dyed hair.

AAWWW YOU'RE SO CUTE. I JUST WANNA TAKE YOU AND PUT YOU IN MY POCKET

Aww, lol. Did you BC??:blush:

Your hair is so pretty!

Great hair progress! If I saw you on the streets of NY I would definately do a double take b/c your're strikingly beautiful. I always look to see if you've updated her photos:look:

Last edited:

belle_reveuse28

Wow! You are soo beautiful I couldn't stop looking at your face to look at your hair! What amazing bone structure and beautiful neck line.. I knew you had to be a model! Great progress. Your hair has grown a whole lot! Keep up the good work!

BlkRushhin

Right after my BC 1-23-2008

Yesterday. 1-20-2009

Profile view.

Pretty good texture shot. I'm definitely 4a with some 3C spots in the front.

This is usually how I wear my hair stretched.

K...you are like...SOO pretty and your hair is lovely :dazed:. I know this is completely off topic but, what lip color are you wearing?