My mom's silver hair

femmemuscle

beautiful!! just beautiful. For some weird reason i thought of "Storm" from the Mutants. That was one sexy sister with silver/white hair.

danysedai

Thanks for bumping this. I need this kind of inspiration. The only thing is once you start dying, you have to "transition" to gray and I'm afraid of the two toned look. Right now, I have just on my temples and I feel too young to have that look. I want the courage to transition to gray.

I was flat ironing my hair yesterday and I saw some shiny something on my hair in the back,looked like silver thread and it was my greys lol. I take after my mother I have a LOT of silver but I'm not ready to go grey yet. But it is good to know what waits for me in the future :)

goodmorningruby

Wow! Beautiful hair. :yep:

I went to the grocery store about two hours ago and saw an older lady with silver locks, about MBL. Between her hair and the OP's mom, I wanna gray prematurely now :lol:

Faux

Ooo la la, so healthy and shiny looking! It's nice to see women embracing their grays. Looks so pretty.

Stella B.

OMG! Looks like layers of silk!!! How does she achieve that perfect silver (not gray) color? Beautiful!!!!:yep:

nikki2229

I'm glad that this thread was bumped. Your mothers hair is AMAZING!

How has she maintained it since then?

danysedai

Hi Angelicus!!:hiya:

She's old school so no blow outs and flat irons for her. Just rollersets once a week, a banana clip once the set is gone.

That's the natural colour of her gray hair, she enhances it with Salerm shampoo for gray hair (offsets yellow tones on gray hair). She's very vain about her hair lol and everywhere she goes people compliment her on the beautiful silver colour.

Thank you ladies, I think I'm giving hope to those of us who have grayed early.

me-T

:drool:that's hands down the most beautiful silver hair i have ever seen in all my years! the shiny wave make me think of moonlight on water

aquajoyice

If my hair looks anything like that, I would never ever dye it!!! It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no freaking shiny OMG!

JustSimplyTish

Your mother's hair is beautiful....My Mom's hair is almost identical...And I keep telling her if she colors it I will cut her.....
She also relaxes her hair as well about once every 3 months

prettykinks

WOW Her hair is gorgeous!!!!! I need to show this to my mother she is constantly trying different dyes to try and cover the grays.