NEW CHALLENGE FOR 2006

LadyZ

Anyone wishing to join me in a get organized challenge? I am a PJ and I really need to get my closet cleaned out and organized... I have so many products I am running out of room to put all this stuff... So I have come up with an idea to try and eliminate at least one product(hopefully more) each month, that is not performing and not just working for my hair... I tend to keep pushing them back on the shelf planning to use at another time and I never really do... Now I have a small BBS of my own in my closet...
This challenge will run for all of 2006, and hope fully at the end of the year our closets will be more organized..

Everyone and anyone is welcome to join...

Any suggestions are welcome..

I hope someone will help me get organized and get my closet cleaned out...

The purpose and rules of the challenge is the following:
  1. Get rid of of products that are not working like they should.
  2. There are no restrictions.
  3. Continue to buy what you want.
  4. Just once a month get rid of at least one product(more if possible)
  5. Dispose of the product in your own way... toss it in the trash or put it in the product exchange, or whatever... Just as long as it is gone...
  6. Once a month (or whenever it is convenient for you) we will report and touch base and tell how our organization is coming long and what product is gone off our shelf...
  7. Take inventory of the products you own....(Maybe group them together by what they are, shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, protein, non-protein, hairdressing etc...
=================

1. Hot Pepper96
  2. Ladyz
  3. Auntybe
  4. Tastesosweet
  5. Natrlchallenge
  6. Devine Favor
  7. Ddtexlaxd
  8. Kristenxdollface
  9. Shawniegee
  10. Wicky2828
  11. Labett
  12. princesmich

Last edited:

hot_pepper96

I want to join this challenge. I've already started making plans to get rid of things. I already agreed to swap my Nexxus Keraphix & Therappe for some
10 en 1 Super Conditioner. Also threw away my Cathy House Conditioner and a couple other things.

I'm going to start getting rid of more things. I just need some support. I got your back and you got mine right? ;)

LadyZ

Thanks Hotpepper,

I have so much junk in my closet I am embarrassed to show it... But I will get it together in 2006

Welcome to the challenge...

P

patient1

Maybe the first step in this is logging what is in your inventory. I might do this. Kinda force myself to take a hard look at what I have. I've sort of organized my stuff in bins, but it's getting jumbled again. I'll try to patch it up before I go back to work in Jan.

After I find out what I have, I'm gonna see what I can give away, get rid of.

P1

LadyZ

patient1 said:
Maybe the first step in this is logging what is in your inventory. I might do this. Kinda force myself to take a hard look at what I have. I've sort of organized my stuff in bins, but it's getting jumbled again. I'll try to patch it up before I go back to work in Jan.

After I find out what I have, I'm gonna see what I can give away, get rid of.

P1

I added Logging and taking inventory... Thank you:grin:

You are so right P1, what I have done is separated my products by what contains protein and what does not (my hair is protein sensitive)...This way when I need to avoid protein I don't have to read the labels of all my products...
Next, I separated my products by what they are used for(shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, etc).
Now I have my protein containing products on one side of the closet and my non-protein products on the other...
Now I need to see what works for me and what does not and get rid of or give away..

Will you be taking part in this challenge:grin: ?

Last edited:

tastesosweet

I'm going to join this challenge because I HAVE to. I'm wearing my hair in protective styles for 2006 so I have no need to purchase a bunch of new products. I'm in!

LadyZ

Thanks Auntybe and Tastesosweet,

I know by this time next year we will have cleared out our closets a little...

So far there is 4 of us...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm in. I really need to get my act together. Not only will I clear out my stash, but to get my hair goals back on track.

LadyZ

Natrlchallenge said:
I'm in. I really need to get my act together. Not only will I clear out my stash, but to get my hair goals back on track.

Great Natrlchallenge and welcome:wave: ...
I just want to clear out all these products I have and get my act together also...

LadyZ

Welcome aboard Ddtexlxd:wave:

We will all be more organized and have products that work for us in 2006..
I am excited!

divinefavor

I think I need to join this challenge!!!! My boyfriend just told me yesterday that I need to clean out my closet and that I can start my own BSS with what I have in there. :lachen: I am seriously considering starting one or becoming a distributor for hair care products.

The hardest part for me is actually starting this challenge (getting the bins, etc.) and then keeping my closet organized once I start!!!! :lol:

LadyZ

Welcome Devine,

I feel your pain:lachen:, my closet is packed like a small BSS also... I hope I can get it cleared out and keep it that way...

So far there is seven of us trying to get organized in 2006...

It will be hard to do I know, I have added about 3 new products just this week...

Working together and supporting each other, I know we can do...

Good Luck!

Thank you and all the other ladies who joined also...

Last edited:

wicky2828

This is just the challenge I need. I suffer from serious PJism and have ran out of room. I had to go to Walmart and get 6 big clear palstic bins for all the stuff that I have and I continue to buy more all the time. I will never be able to see what works for my hair if I am always changing products.

The first things that I am throwing out is shampoos that contain sodium laureth (or lauryl) sulfate because I hear that it dries out your hair. This is hard for me because I am a pack rat as well. Wish me luck ladies...

Last edited:

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I've already started cleaning out my closets and cabinets but we all can use a little extra encouragement. Count me in!

isawstars

I brought two tubs of hair products with me to school and my room mate thinks i'm crazy... But she comes to me with questions about hair, types of products and such :lol:

I really do need to clean out those tubs though... So I'm definitely in!

LadyZ

Welcome Kritenxdollface,Shawniegee and Wicky2828...:wave:

This will be a challenge for me... I am one of those people who can't throw anything out... So I hope I can get rid of the product once I see it is not working for me...:hammer:

THANKS FOR JOINING...:)

tastesosweet

So I began my product clean out and OH MY GOD! Why do I have so much crap? I found bottles of stuff I've barely used! The most difficult thing for me is throwing out bottles of product that is unused. I feel so wasteful! Anyway, I tried to organize the products that are left and I will probably give some of the other products away to ladies who can use them instead of letting them sit there and collect dust.

I am so glad this thread was started. My bathroom cabinet is a lot less cluttered!

LABETT

Count me in I have my own BSS enough product to last 3 years or more.
I will start this weekend cleaning out my stash because I know which products are my staples now.
I am mostly a conditioner PJ and over half of my products are conditioners.
I must own over 25 salon brand products that I found on sale last year at great prices.
I am not going to buy any new products for at least 3 months.

LadyZ

:wave: Welcome Labett...

It's funny, but before you know it you have products on top of products... I even mixed up a complete hair care batch of products for my granddaughter's troubled hair, Just to try and get rid of some things, and I still had just as much when I was finished...:lol:

I am sure we can all accomplish thinning out our closet's this... I know I will need encouragement to just get rid of it, if it is not working for me:orders: ...

We will be "Organized In 2006"...

Thanks for joining...

LadyZ

Re: NEW CHALLENGE FOR 2006/ get organized in 2006/ check in time

Call out to the following ladies:

Hot Pepper96
Ladyz
Auntybe
Tastesosweet
Natrlchallenge
Devine Favor
Ddtexlaxd
Kristenxdollface
Shawniegee
Wicky2828
Labett

and Patient1 how are you doing?

Ok, ladies here goes.... :fishslap: :poke:

I started this challenge, and I am failing something terribly :spank: ...
I have been trying the products I have collected and have not been able to decide if it stays or goes :hammer:

But at least I am trying them...
This month I will definitely do better...

I need help getting and setting a regimen in using and getting rid of these products... I feel bad ...

How are you ladies doing ...How did it go last month?

Last edited:

hot_pepper96

So guess what! I finally cleaned out some stuff. I just dumped them in the trash. Had been holding on to them way too long.

However, I did purchase new things:

VO5 Kiwi Lime (for my new love of co-washing)
Joico Reconsturcting Treatment
Garnier Fructis Smooth & Shine Mask

LadyZ

Re: NEW CHALLENGE FOR 2006 /check in time

hot_pepper96 said:
So guess what! I finally cleaned out some stuff. I just dumped them in the trash. Had been holding on to them way too long.

However, I did purchase new things:

VO5 Kiwi Lime (for my new love of co-washing)
Joico Reconsturcting Treatment
Garnier Fructis Smooth & Shine Mask

Congrats, Hotpepper,

You are free to buy anything you want on this challenge... Just, instead of keeping a product that is not working for you, get rid of it or pitch it, just don't keep it and add to your collection of other non-working products....

Congrats again, on getting rid of non-working products...

princesmich

I love you guys, Yes i'm in, I just started mixing the conditioners that i don't like like keraphix(not worth all that money) with coconut milk and amla oil hair comes out really smooth and soft. I just bought two cathy howse products I notice someone said it wasn't that great. bomber I hope it works for me. I'm cleaning out things from my business and kids, I had a bridal shop, I have new bridesmaids and bridal dresses on ebay check it out ladies, my ebay ID is tiaraprinces
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtiaraprincesQQhtZ-1

LadyZ

princesmich said:
I love you guys, Yes I'm in, I just started mixing the conditioners that i don't like like keraphix(not worth all that money) with coconut milk and amla oil hair comes out really smooth and soft. I just bought two cathy howse products I notice someone said it wasn't that great. bomber I hope it works for me. I'm cleaning out things from my business and kids, I had a bridal shop, I have new bridesmaids and bridal dresses on eBay check it out ladies, my eBay ID is tiaraprinces
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtiaraprincesQQhtZ-1

WELCOME

Yes, Princes

By mixing or adding some products you can get a good product...
We are becoming mixologist...:lol:

Last edited:

princesmich

LadyZ said:
Anyone wishing to join me in a get organized challenge? I am a PJ and I really need to get my closet cleaned out and organized... I have so many products I am running out of room to put all this stuff... So I have come up with an idea to try and eliminate at least one product(hopefully more) each month, that is not performing and not just working for my hair... I tend to keep pushing them back on the shelf planning to use at another time and I never really do... Now I have a small BBS of my own in my closet...
This challenge will run for all of 2006, and hope fully at the end of the year our closets will be more organized..

Everyone and anyone is welcome to join...

Any suggestions are welcome..

I hope someone will help me get organized and get my closet cleaned out...

The purpose and rules of the challenge is the following:
  1. Get rid of of products that are not working like they should.
  2. There are no restrictions.
  3. Continue to buy what you want.
  4. Just once a month get rid of at least one product(more if possible)
  5. Dispose of the product in your own way... toss it in the trash or put it in the product exchange, or whatever... Just as long as it is gone...
  6. Once a month (or whenever it is convenient for you) we will report and touch base and tell how our organization is coming long and what product is gone off our shelf...
  7. Take inventory of the products you own....(Maybe group them together by what they are, shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, protein, non-protein, hairdressing etc...
=================

1. Hot Pepper96
  2. Ladyz
  3. Auntybe
  4. Tastesosweet
  5. Natrlchallenge
  6. Devine Favor
  7. Ddtexlaxd
  8. Kristenxdollface
  9. Shawniegee
  10. Wicky2828
  11. Labett
  12. princesmich
I just wanted to see who followed through with this plan, I messed up, but will do better with PJism in 2007