No He Didn't Bust on my Messy Bun!! (PICS)

KittyMeowMeow

Darn, I can't open this website from work. It's blocked.

Oh just wait until you see this...there were no words when I first heard about this...somewhere between :perplexed, :nono: and :lachen:

I was soooo confused when people first started doing this before I knew what it was! Like, what's up with the men these days, and why am I running into so many rude ones?

Miss AJ

I guess I need to get my mind out of the gutter cuz the thread title had me dyin :lachen:

ETA: Now that I've actually read the OP, men are clueless. There's a guy at work who swears I'm being lazy with my fro because I never pick it out....ummm that's because its a twist out and it's SUPPOSED to look like that! I don't bother explaining my hairstyles to anyone because I didn't wear them for them, I wear what I like, if you don't like it then it won't be hard to look past my head, i aint but 5'1, just look straight ahead when you walk by me lol.

Last edited:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Looks good to me...

There is a pick up tactic, don't remember what it's called but it's based on some book. Anyway, one of the techniques is called giving a "neg". This means saying something slightly negative about an attractive woman to pick her up. Laaaaaame, but that's probably what was going on.

This kind of explains it:
http://www.tsbmag.com/2006/01/29/neg-theory/

You hit the nail on the head with this article! I couldn't believe it because it was exactly what was going on with the negative comment and then coming back with a compliment. I always knew about how people play hard to get but I guess playing hard to get for guys is different because they have to get our attention some way in order to play hard to get. But I never thought about going as far as trying to temporarily break down the woman's self-esteem to get her to like you. That was some deep stuff.

Thanks for the info!!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Your bun is very cute.

I'm very ashamed at what I though of when I read the title of this thread.

I couldn't stop laughing when I found out what you all were talking about with the title and after I read that thread in the link. Ha-ha

Turns out if that really was the case then my hair might have gotten a little extra protein boost LOL.:lachen:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I guess I need to get my mind out of the gutter cuz the thread title had me dyin :lachen:

ETA: Now that I've actually read the OP, men are clueless. There's a guy at work who swears I'm being lazy with my fro because I never pick it out....ummm that's because its a twist out and it's SUPPOSED to look like that! I don't bother explaining my hairstyles to anyone because I didn't wear them for them, I wear what I like, if you don't like it then it won't be hard to look past my head, i aint but 5'1, just look straight ahead when you walk by me lol.

Clueless isn't the word!!! I can't believe he didn't even know what twists were :nono:

me-T

am i the only person who read the title and was like ":shocked: do i wanna know that story?" :look:

anyhoo, i don't think guys understand any style but down or a ponytail.

MRJ1972

I absolutely love a messy bun and your bun is super cute!

My DD is always telling me to fix my hair ( when I wear a messy bun), but I dont care! LOL

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
*cough* instructions pls on how you do that bun?!?! It's so cute!

No problem!

I originally had my hair flat-ironed/bumped under with bangs. After the curls fall I go to the messy bun. The curls help give it a little more lift. You can throw a few rollers in your hair before getting in the shower too.

I finger comb as much as possible and gather the hair to the middle of my head VERY loosely (I kinda comb the front to the side). I kinda lift/push/tease my hair up before I put the band in.

Then I put it in a Goody ouchless band and just leave my ends out. I put a little HE LTR on the ends each time to be sure to keep them moist.

I have an 8 inch track of hair that's about 6 feet long. I just fold it twice so that it's about 1 1/2 feet long. I use Goody hair pins (not bobby pins) and I just start wrapping the track around my ponytail and using about one or two pins in different spots each time you wrap it around. I stick the pins through the Goody band for security.

Then after I do that I take the ends of the track hair and swirl it around the ponytail and pin the ends down into MY hair. You can throw a little curls into the track hair so it'll lay better. My tracks have been used so much that it curls perfectly around the bun.

I hope this wasn't too confusing. The main thing is to not gather your hair up too tightly when you put the band on it. The band should be pretty secure but not too tight though.

MsMwana

No problem!

I originally had my hair flat-ironed/bumped under with bangs. After the curls fall I go to the messy bun. The curls help give it a little more lift. You can throw a few rollers in your hair before getting in the shower too.

I finger comb as much as possible and gather the hair to the middle of my head VERY loosely (I kinda comb the front to the side). I kinda lift/push/tease my hair up before I put the band in.

Then I put it in a Goody ouchless band and just leave my ends out. I put a little HE LTR on the ends each time to be sure to keep them moist.

I have an 8 inch track of hair that's about 6 feet long. I just fold it twice so that it's about 1 1/2 feet long. I use Goody hair pins (not bobby pins) and I just start wrapping the track around my ponytail and using about one or two pins in different spots each time you wrap it around. I stick the pins through the Goody band for security.

Then after I do that I take the ends of the track hair and swirl it around the ponytail and pin the ends down into MY hair. You can throw a little curls into the track hair so it'll lay better. My tracks have been used so much that it curls perfectly around the bun.

I hope this wasn't too confusing. The main thing is to not gather your hair up too tightly when you put the band on it. The band should be pretty secure but not too tight though.

Love it! I'm trying it right now, this is so tomorrow's hairstyle! Girl don't mind the dude you know you look fly...

boundlessbeauty

Most guys like long straight hair. They enjoy length more than we do. They don't seem to understand the meaning of "trim", "protective style", etc. My DH is he same way. He liked my hair better straightened, I'm natural now and usually wear in its natual state or protective styles, But yeah, guys just don't get it...thats why you have girlfriends and LHCF.

Cute style girl.

exoticmommie

I think it looked very nice! I want to do one like that now. :yep:

Thank God my DH loves my buns, whether slick or messy. He says they showcase my face.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
I think you were nice to even engage him in conversation because if it had been me, people would've thought he was talking to himself.

hillytmj

My SO doesn't like buns either, but he likes my new length. I let him know that the two go hand in hand.

theLovelyStyle

am i the only person who read the title and was like ":shocked: do i wanna know that story?" :look:

anyhoo, i don't think guys understand any style but down or a ponytail.

Me2!! I was even more shocked when she put she had pics:blush::lachen:! Even more so when I clicked to see if she really posted pics of her "busted" bun :blush::blush::lachen:

godzooki

I love messy buns! I think yours looks great! I have one I do in my profile but I'd love to figure out how to do one like yours.