October 7,8,9..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans???

southerncitygirl

pre-poo w/ food grade aloe vera gel and condish for 1-2 hrs.
wash with either givanni 50/50 or diluted con argan oil poo and wash in plaited sections
condition with aubrey's hsr
detangle with oyin hair dew and add fantasia ic gel with sparklelites to each section and twist. then secure the ends with perm rods.
when hair is dry apply a bit of oil and untwist.

^^^ i'll do this sunday night before bed and take twists down on monday morning or afternoon.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
I just finished putting my DC in- suave coconut, honey, and safflower oil. I'm leaving it in over-night, and then tomorrow I will decide how to style it.

SimJam

I think Im gonna do a bentonite clay wash tonight, then sleep in some HV sitrinillah and twist tomorrow

update,

friday night I washed with HV cocasta bar then did the bentonite clay wash (made with AVJ and a tea made from burdock root, marshmallow root, nettle and rosemary).

then I decided to give my shea moisture purification mask a try .... um yummy :lick: slept in that, then reapplied a bit and steamed for 30 mins in the morning on Saturday

then I twisted with kimmaytubes leave-in made with darcys pumpkin condish and walnut/apricot oil blend)

:lick::lick::lick::lick: is all I can say

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
SimJam chile........I had already undone the middle of my hair. The hair is just so dense....and the braids weren't THAT small. So the front and edges taking me forever still. Imagine if I had to undo ma whole head. :nono: Oh, and I've them in for 8 weeks. Lawd help me.

BreeNique

heh, the long weekend is just about gone and i haven't really done much.

On Thursday I flat-ironed my hair for the first (and probably last) time this month, and put some flexi rods in. wore it out/ down for Friday, high-ponytail for saturday with the rest down/ straight (i love how long my pony is getting! squee!!)

Saturday night, put the flexis back in, just took them out...lookin' mighty nice! i like how my head looks when its covered in curls SO much more than when it's all straight and meh.

since i'm trying to get the msot out of this heat pass, i won't be washing until Monday night. dinner with friends from out of town tonight, so prepare to SWANG!!!

<3

but, tomorrow night:

-pre-poo with evoo, coconut oil, jbco (NEED SOME NEW OILS! LADIES, HELP ME OUT!!)
-wash with CHI infra shampoo (it has sulfates, im gonna need it since I put cones in my hair (CHI silk infusion) to flat iron it)

-DC with kenra-ORS-organix mix, some jbco for good measure (can't hurt, right...?)

-flexi-rod it up/ keep it out of sight out of mind for the better part of the week!!

<3 <3

bn

choctaw

My henna paste is mixed and sitting on porch for dye release. I mixed 3.5 oz/100 gms Mumtaz Al-Aroosa, 1 cup catnip tea and one tablespoon argan oil. I might add some honey to smooth paste after dye release occurs.

Last edited:

-PYT

DC'd with ao gpb
Washed with Suave Clarifying shampoo
Conditioned with Shea moisture restorative
Acv rinse
Hair was so easy to detangle, plaits to air dry. Will do chunky twists later.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
ok.....I FINALLY finished taking down these braids and detangling. I just clarified with Hydratherma Naturals Herbal/Amino Poo and I tested out Silk Dreams Go Moist Poo on some sections :infatuated:<---------This poo is foamy, and had the section so soft and moisturised :drool:

Currently I have a black tea/horsetail/nettle rinse in my hair. After I will do a Protein DC(under steamer) with Giovanni Nutrafix and AOGPB, the Moisture Dc with either Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Silk Dreams Vanilla DC or BFH Pistachio Cream DC (again under the steamer).....I'm hankering to try something new tho.
THEN :look: I will apply a leave-in (to be decided) and air dry in big ole fat twists. Thennnnnn time to do medium sized twists. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Btw.....steamer:love3:

MRJ1972

Wash and DC and did braid out bun, but it didnt last :ohwell:

I think I am going to do another wash and quick condition to get the product out of my hair and just blow dry and flat iron and wear a ponytail next week.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I did another LUSH Caca Noir - I love it. The cocoa butter in it moisturizes the heck out of my hair. I am down to 2 blocks so I went to the LUSH counter at Macy's and bought 2 more bars. :look: Can't be without it. The next time I will 2-step with my henna and indigo powders though; some of my grays still show up with the LUSH Caca Noir, but the moisturizing is pretty darn good. :yep:

Jewell

I was going to get a braider to put in some plain straight back cornrows on my natural hair to keep my hair down under my wigs, but these African braiders have bumped their heads if they think I will pay $40-60 for some PLAIN cornrows, no hair added :nono: . Looks like I will continue braiding and twisting my own hair, however difficult at times and tiring it may be.

No hair plans this wknd, snagged a new wig last week so my hair will be chillin in 2 braids underneath that until next wash. I will be rocking plaits/braids beneath wigs til March...growing out my jet black hair color and thinking of honey blonde highlights next summer, possibly.

Really have a hankering to do a cassia/indigo treatment for the first time, and I need to up my ante on using various Ayurvedic powders. They make my hair feel so good! :yep: So far, I have only used Brahmi and Kapoor Kachli.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@divachyk Have you started your hair yet?:poke:
@IDareT'sHair - I finally got started. Whew, I needed that nudge.

I normally clarify the week of my TU but my hair has been tangly as of late so I went for a cowash instead. I cowashed with CJ Beauticurls Argan and :lick:. Used SSI Okra for 10 mins under the hooded dryer. Now steaming with Jasmine's A&S. Then on to the roller set.