October Hits and Misses

alma oil- I have been rubbing this on my scalp at night and I swear this stuff is pulling newgrowth out of my scalp.

Miss: Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner.

I got this at Sally's because it was on sale. Worst $4 I ever spent! It's thick, so you'd think it would be a good deep moisturizer - not. It just sits there and does nothing. And what kind of conditioner has mineral oil that high on it's ingredient list? Thank goodness I got my refund. Downgrade!

HITS
Aveda Be Curly
Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion

MISSES
Noodlehead Curling Cream (YUK!)

So far...no new products!! :yay:

Oh dang...wait...there was one...

Hits :love: : None

Misses :nono: : Hydrasilk in the pink bottle. Bought while in Vegas cause my hair was TRIPPIN'. It was enough to stave off the dryness but DEF not good enough for daily use for me. :naughty:

Revisits :scratchch : Profective's BreakFree...works very well when applied to my DRY HAIR overnight and rinsed in the morning. I almost threw the two tubs in the trash...I'm very glad I didn't! Some else in another thread encouraged me to go on back to the Dabur Amla Oil...well, whoever you were, THANK YOU!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: My hair as done a 180 degree turn around again! Tim hasn't complained about the smell either!! :clap:

Last edited:
I do not like you all because at lunch I went to Ulta! I got some Abba products. I will let you know if it is a hit next week.

Miss: Hello Hydration - I had a gummie mess

MISSES:

Hello Hydration shampoo & con. I am surprised because it is such a hit on the board, but I did not like the shampoo and the conditioner was ok but nothing special. I prefer Garnier's products for low end poo and con.

Miss: Thick conditioners. They don't work wel lon my natural hair anymore. No Lekair Cholesterol, DPR 11, NTM.

Hits: Aussie Moist-LOVE it!

EishBuhgeish said:
Where do yall get the Amla oil? I've only been able to find the Vatika...

In San Diego, there's a few stores off MiraMar and Black Mountain Road(s) that carry them. They ALWAYS have Amla oil in stock!

VWVixxen said:
In San Diego, there's a few stores off MiraMar and Black Mountain Road(s) that carry them. They ALWAYS have Amla oil in stock!

:(
I'm in Tempe, AZ though. San Diego's the best place ever to live. I lived there for 2 years back in the 90's. Any places online yall can recommend?

Miss- Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair:( . I liked it at first, but now it leaves my hair a tangled mess. It kind of reminds me of Elucence Mb shampoo; they have similar ingredients.

Im gonna try the Breakthru shampoo next. I hear its supposed to be very detangling.:cool:

Last edited:
Hit: Pooka Shea & Olive Hair Butter

LOVE it! Smells great too (but kinda strong, so sensitive noses beware!)

:D Hits: Protectiv Breakfree; makes my hair really soft

:mad: Misses: Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme; nothing fabulous about it and made my hair hard, waste of $58 IMO but i know some swear by it

FlawedBeauty said:

:mad: Misses: Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme; nothing fabulous about it and made my hair hard, waste of $58 IMO but i know some swear by it
What?!:eek: $58 you gotta be kiddin' me!!!

Hits:
Aphogee Protein Treatment
Neutrogena Deep Recovery Hair Mask
Roux Porosity Control Shampoo
Roux Mendex

isioma85 said:
Miss: Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner.

I got this at Sally's because it was on sale. Worst $4 I ever spent! It's thick, so you'd think it would be a good deep moisturizer - not. It just sits there and does nothing. And what kind of conditioner has mineral oil that high on it's ingredient list? Thank goodness I got my refund. Downgrade!

Girl, I just tried that to and I hated it. It didn't do anything. My hair really hates that stuff. I'm glad I just bought the sample

Huge hit: Qhemet Honeybush Hair Tea (I think I'll marry this someday:lol:)

Hits: Qhemet's Sidr Tree and Olive Cream Detangler (amazing products!)

Not sure: Qhemet Heavy Cream (I'll try it again next wash)

Misses: Pre-pooing (doesn't do anything for me!)

Hits- Giovanni Direct Leave-In. This product is wonderful!! I always hear raves about it, and now I know why.:D

More Hits- Coconut Oil. Leaves a very nice sheen in my hair.;)

shunta said:
Hits- Giovanni Direct Leave-In. This product is wonderful!! I always hear raves about it, and now I know why.:D
shunta said:

Not that I need anymore products, but I am always on the hunt for the next big thing, whenever I look for the Giovanni Direct Leave-In, it's so odd, I can never find it. I only find the shampoos and conditioners. :(

Coconut oil sure does add a nice shine to the hair. :yep:

FlawedBeauty said:

Oh, that sucks :( I've gone through two jars of it, I'm one of the people that love it!

shunta said:

You found the Giovanni! You go! Glad you were able to found it. I have it and still haven't tried it out yet. I guess I will soon.

*I love Coconut Oil! Glad it's working for you*

Hits:
- Coconut Oil (revisited)
- QB Sidr Butter - my hair loves this stuff
- Mizani Lye (revisited) - continues to be a hit every touch up
- Mizani Thermal Heat Protectant - love this for rollersets.

Misses:
- Duo tex treatment - left my hair a tanged mess each time I used it.

Letitia said:
You found the Giovanni! You go! Glad you were able to found it. I have it and still haven't tried it out yet. I guess I will soon.

*I love Coconut Oil! Glad it's working for you*
Tee, girl I thought about you when I was looking for this at the GNC. They had alot of Giovanni, but not the leave-in. So, I bought it from a health food store. My rollerset was fabulous with the Giovanni!!:D I love it! But now Im pissed cuz my hair got wet in the rain:(

Priestess, girl you need to go on and get this!! Whats one more product in your stash gonna hurt?!:lol:

shunta said:
Tee, girl I thought about you when I was looking for this at the GNC. They had alot of Giovanni, but not the leave-in. So, I bought it from a health food store. My rollerset was fabulous with the Giovanni!!:D I love it! But now Im pissed cuz my hair got wet in the rain:(

Priestess, girl you need to go on and get this!! Whats one more product in your stash gonna hurt?!:lol:

lol at the bold.

I am so glad you found it. The health food store hasn't let me down yet. To think I almost ordered this product off line. I am going to get the Aubrey GPB conditoner next. I have heard nothing but good things about this and it's on my product "to get" list.

*Sorry about the darn rain.*

Hits
ORS replenish pak :love:
Liz and daughter just like a perm press cream
CPR motion
FX hair gloss...found in a junkie store for 1.50
miss-
Vo5 balsam conditioner made my hair crunch

Ebonygurl00 said:
Hits: Qhemet's Sidr Tree and Olive Cream Detangler (amazing products!)

I love this stuff! It's definitely a hit...and I have to add Lenzi's Request to my list...in addition to the growth I get from the vitamins...my hair seems to be growing in thicker {because of the extra new growth?} from using this product.

Back