Ok - Dabur Amla Oil

nomoweavesfome

I'm not actually feeling the Dabur Amla Oil- This stuff smells like dirty pamper. lol
however,I will be using as a prepoo because I do like this weird softness it gives to he hair and palms of my hands when I apply. NOW, has anyone tried the VATIKA HAIR OIL?? how does that smell?

sareca

nomoweavesfome said:
I'm not actually feeling the Dabur Amla Oil- This stuff smells like dirty pamper. lol
however,I will be using as a prepoo because I do like this weird softness it gives to he hair and palms of my hands when I apply. NOW, has anyone tried the VATIKA HAIR OIL?? how does that smell?

I haven't tried it... just :lachen: @ dirty pamper! I switched to unscented (NOT) amla oil from fromnaturewithlove.com. It's still stinky, but it's not nearly as bad as Dabur.

Mizani_Mrs

Hi! I have just purchased the Dabur Alma oil and the Vatika oil. It's so funny because I just logged on to start a thread and give a review of the Vatika oil. I only used it once and i absolutely LOVE IT!!! It first/main ingredient is coconut oil so it's in a solid state. I filled up a cup with hot tap water and just sat the bottle in there for like 5mins, to soften it up to turn it into an oil. I dabbed it on my hand and it was sooo soft, smooth, and felt very emollient rich. I didn't care for the smell though. It sorta had an earthy smell, sorta like WGO, but then it also has a wonderful soapy fragrance that lingers. I liked the soapy fragrance, but i wondered which smell would overpower the other? So I rubbed some between my hands, and i massaged it on my ends. My ends looked shiny and moisturized and felt great. My hair is like 9weeks post so i dont have much body, but if i did, this oil is so light that i do not believe it would weigh my hair down. I did that last night and my ends still look good and I cannot smell it anymore. So i plan to spritz with my UBH dew, and then dab a tiny bit on at night, so no one can smell it in the morning. If i ever notice the smell is too much, then i plan to use it as a pre-poo, and saturate my hair at nite with it and wash in the morning.. This oil has definitely replaced the oils i buy from the BSS. They are getting so expensive....like the wonder 8 and the hot6 oils...man them oils are now costing about $6 or 7 dollars! And they are primarily canola/vegatable/corn oil...what a ripoff!!! This Vatika oil is my new oil staple...

sareca

Hmmm, I wonder if adding coconut oil to my Dabur would lighten it up? What do you think Mizani_Mrs?

Mizani_Mrs

Hmmm Sareca, good question. Well, I haven't taken a wiff of the Dabur yet. And the soapy smell of the Vatika is very light. So if the Dabur is a strong scent, then the Vatika won't do it any good. I'm still unsure of what scent will be dominant if I used the Vatika oil only...the earthy WGO smell, or the soapy smell??? I'll use it when i get home to find out....

If I can continue to use the Vatika without smelling 'funny', then maybe i'll just add alma powder to my Vatika.....

sareca said:
Hmmm, I wonder if adding coconut oil to my Dabur would lighten it up? What do you think Mizani_Mrs?

Mestiza

nomoweavesfome said:

:rofl:

When I told my mom to try the Dabur Amla Oil, she said that it smells like boo boo, :lol: but can never smell it in my hair. It smells like Bergamont grease to my SO and me. I plan to get some Dabur Vatika Oil, but will continue to use the Amla Oil b/c I love it. :love:

MizaniMami

Mestiza said:

When I told my mom to try the Dabur Amla Oil, she said that it smells like boo boo, :lol: but can never smell it in my hair. It smells like Bergamont grease to my SO and me. I plan to get some Dabur Vatika Oil, but will continue to use the Amla Oil b/c I love it. :love:

Yeah I thought it smelled like grease too.

I kinda liked it :look:

LaNecia

I don't mind the scent of the Amla oil, in fact I just got another bottle of it which I keep hidden in the cabinet! :sekret:

I've used the Vatika off and on and I don't really care for it that much but my mom loves it. :perplexed

Mestiza

VWVixxen said:
I don't mind the scent of the Amla oil, in fact I just got another bottle of it which I keep hidden in the cabinet! :sekret:

I've used the Vatika off and on and I don't really care for it that much but my mom loves it. :perplexed

Does the Vatika Oil give the the same or similar results as using Coconut Oil or Amla Oil?

TIA! :)

Aveena

wow,

I'm learning so much from you guys! I never even heard of this stuff... Time to do my reasearch :cool:

thx

Dare~to~Dream

I've used Dabur's Vatika Oil faithfully last year/two years ago. I might start back using it...I stopped because I didn't want to keep ordering online {but I order everything else online so...}. It definitely keeps the hair strong. I could feel the strength right before I washed my hair. I have not tried the Amla Oil. I wonder if it's better.

LovelyLionessa

I just started using the Dabur Vatika oil and I like it. The only thing about it is since the first ingriedient is coconut oil it does solidfy rather quickly. So I just warm it up by putting it on top of my toaster oven for a few minutes. I want to try the Alma oil too, no matter what it smells like. :lol:

LovelyLionessa

Mestiza said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Mestiza

Priestess said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Mestiza said:

She must like the smell of boo boo b/c she's using Dabur Amla Oil, now. :lol: She said that she can smell it in her hair, but not mine.

Last edited:

nomoweavesfome

Mestiza said:
She must like the smell of boo boo b/c she's using Dabur Amla Oil, now. :lol: She said that she can smell it in her hair, but not mine.

lol - well it does smell like boo boo. Not our boo boo but like baby boo boo in a pamper! lol.
It has like 2 scents one which is pleasant and the other is not. But the one that is not appears to overpower me.

my son even said what is that smell? I'm like what does it smell like? he says well - it smells kind of bad but then it smells kind of good. I knew from there NOT to wear out in public.
I like the way it feels though so I can't knock what it does to the hair. You guys who like this stuff must be MTG Straight Chasers. Which is another product had it not been for peppermint oil I could not just wear by itself.

I will be ordering Vatika - says it's supposed to curb shedding. Is that tru?

Mestiza

nomoweavesfome said:
lol - well it does smell like boo boo. Not our boo boo but like baby boo boo in a pamper! lol.
It has like 2 scents one which is pleasant and the other is not. But the one that is not appears to overpower me.

my son even said what is that smell? I'm like what does it smell like? he says well - it smells kind of bad but then it smells kind of good. I knew from there NOT to wear out in public.
I like the way it feels though so I can't knock what it does to the hair. You guys who like this stuff must be MTG Straight Chasers. Which is another product had it not been for peppermint oil I could not just wear by itself.

I will be ordering Vatika - says it's supposed to curb shedding. Is that tru?

Maybe, our body chemistry brings out the different scents. I still haven't tried MTG. I did find it in a store and sniffed it. It didn't smell bad to me. I recall it having a mesquite smell. I can imagine what my mom would say about that one. :lol:

nomoweavesfome

Mestiza said:
Maybe, our body chemistry brings out the different scents. I still haven't tried MTG. I did find it in a store and sniffed it. It didn't smell bad to me. I recall it having a mesquite smell. I can imagine what my mom would say about that one. :lol:

If she has chemistry like mine- she would say bacon grease.:lol: :lol: :lachen: :lachen:

Mizani_Mrs

Well I opened and smelled the Amla oil and I can't smell anything but
Bergamot hairgrease. To me it is bearable if i was wearing a bun or pre-pooing. And I had to take another wiff of the Vatika to give a good opinion, the Vatika has 2 scents, like a soapy scent and a weird WGO/MTG scent. I was wondering which scent will overpower the other. Well when rubbed on my hands, for the first 2mins, i smelled the WGO scent, then i smelled the soapy scent for maybe 10mins...then the smell faded and i can faintly smell the WGO scent. So i guess the WGO scent wins! I rubbed it in my hair and the same thing happened, the next morning i could barely smell the WGO scent.

Also, the Amla oil contains liquid parrafin (petrolatum/mineral oil) as it's first ingredient. And Vatika contains coconut oil as it's first ingredient, so I am going to use Vatika as my staple. Also, although Amla is somewhat soft and feels good...In my opinion Vatika feels like liquid silk and is softer than Amla... These are my opinions of the 2 oils, after playing with them after only 1 day of use...

mslondon

Because i like the smell of MTG and WGO, i thot my nose was immune to so called nasty smells, that was until i smelt Amla oil, abolutely awful. I was like this is for only for nite time -wash out first thing in the morning use. I cud neva leave the house with that smell in my hair esp the ones with mineral oil

However, i found one called Nima Amla in a base of coconut oil with no MO/Pet which doesnt smell so bad. Better still i found amla powder in a local indian shop which i now add to my homemade sulphur mix oil & henna treatments.

dany06

Hi Im new and I recently bought a whole lot of dabur and keo karpin products before I read the many threads saying that this stuff smelled very funky. I was so afraid that I bought stuff that i might not want to even use. Today, all of it arrived and I had to take a sniff test of all 7 products. Not a single one of them smelt odd, wierd, or bad except the vatika and brahmi amla. They didn't stink but they smelt herbish. I dont know where the rest of guys bought yours, but I got mine from eastwestbazaar.com. Maybe you guys who have the funky stuff might want to try east west bazaar and if you already have I guess I just got lucky with a fresh batch.

firecracker

nomoweavesfome said:
If she has chemistry like mine- she would say bacon grease.:lol: :lol: :lachen: :lachen:

Listen you! You made me spit out my juice:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I don't want to smell like a boo boo head so I'm going to pass on this now. :(

Mestiza

dany06 said:
Hi Im new and I recently bought a whole lot of dabur and keo karpin products before I read the many threads saying that this stuff smelled very funky. I was so afraid that I bought stuff that i might not want to even use. Today, all of it arrived and I had to take a sniff test of all 7 products. Not a single one of them smelt odd, wierd, or bad except the vatika and brahmi amla. They didn't stink but they smelt herbish. I dont know where the rest of guys bought yours, but I got mine from eastwestbazaar.com. Maybe you guys who have the funky stuff might want to try east west bazaar and if you already have I guess I just got lucky with a fresh batch.
I think that it's just an individual type of thing. The scents aren't bad for me, either.

BTW,
to LHCF!
:wave:

dlewis

I use the Dabur Amla Oil as a pre-poo and the Amla oil Lite afterward. The smell to me is not that bad. Very earthy but not bad. My husband and son like it but my daughter hates it.

LiLi

I'm off to buy some more Amla Oil (I gave the last bottle to my neighbor because the smell made me sick).

I just wanted to share this with you guys. I went to the bank and saw a girl from India working there. I couldn't leave without commenting on her hair. I said "You're hair is beautiful and sooo long (past her butt). What do you use on it" She said "Amla Oil". I was like that stuff stinks but does it really make your hair grow. She was like "Yes, my family swears by it. And it does stink". So I asked her how does she use it. She said that she lets it sit on her hair overnight and then washes it out in the morning with Tresemme conditioner. She said that she doesn't shampoo either; just uses conditioner. And she only uses the Amla Oil once/week. The next time I go there I am going to ask if I can take a picture of her hair. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! I thought she was like 19 and she's 34 :eek: (2 years older than me).

So I'm going up the street to the India store right now to pick up some more Amla right now. :lol: I have Vatika Oil but I don't think it's the same. Maybe I'll mix it up ... Do a 1:1 of Vatika and Amla. I know Amla Oil is already in Vatika Oil but I don't know how much is in there so if I do a 1:1 mix then I know that I am still getting a decent amount of Amla Oil and maybe the Vatika Oil will mask the smell of the Amla Oil. The Amla Oil makes me really nauseous (sp?).

I know they sell it online but if anyone has a problem getting it, I don't mind picking some up for you; I have these stores all over the place in my area.