Olaplex 0123456789 What's Your Numba?

demlew

@B_Phlyy (And EVERYONE ELSE WHO USES 0)
Wonder if Zero is really necessary?:scratchchin:

I'm relaxed, so I use it because it doesn't cost much and my hair could use all the protection/treatment it can get. I haven't noticed a huge difference of 0+3 vs 3 alone, but I figured it can't hurt. I mainly use it on relaxer day and the first post-relaxer wash day.

ETA: I thought more about it and I don’t think I’d miss #0 if I stopped using it. My must haves are #2/#3 and my new boo the 4n1. My re-ups without hesitation are #4 and #7. #6 is if I remember while ordering and #5 is a no since the 4n1 works better for me. I’m undecided on #9 so I guess that’s a meh!

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
@B_Phlyy (And EVERYONE ELSE WHO USES 0)
Wonder if Zero is really necessary?:scratchchin:

For me, no.

I originally purchased it to see if it would help me make #3 last longer since they are supposed to be used together. I didn't notice a difference when using it with #3 and when I use it alone, my hair doesn't look, feel, or react differently.

I do have other bonding treatments I may try #0 with, but overall I think I'll pass on it.

Currently my hair is natural and virgin but I was color-treated and heat styling when I first started using them.

weavepat

I've used 0,1,2, and I have the 4n1 mask but I haven't tried it yet.

#0: I use this with #2 as a pre poo. I did initially spray #0 until my hair was saturated, but I used about 1/3 of the bottle that way. To save product I either spray my hair with water or quickly rinse it before applying #0.

#1: I add a few ml to my #0 bottle just to make sure it actually does something. I also add #1 to my hair bleach mix.

#2: I heard that #2 is a more concentrated version of #3 so I've only ever used #2. I typically pre-poo with #0 or use it post shampoo at least twice a month. I also use it after I rinse out bleach.

oneastrocurlie

According to this chap 0 is unecessary. He goes onto say that the only product that should be used (from a repairing viewpoint) is No 3

I like 0 personally, and I feel like I get enhanced results when I use it.

I've only used 0 and 3 together but I was thinking of trying 3 without 0 once my 0 bottle runs out. I have a super size of the 3 and my 0 bottle will be long gone before I'm done with the 3.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I've used 0,1,2, and I have the 4n1 mask but I haven't tried it yet.

#0: I use this with #2 as a pre poo. I did initially spray #0 until my hair was saturated, but I used about 1/3 of the bottle that way. To save product I either spray my hair with water or quickly rinse it before applying #0.

#1: I add a few ml to my #0 bottle just to make sure it actually does something. I also add #1 to my hair bleach mix.

#2: I heard that #2 is a more concentrated version of #3 so I've only ever used #2. I typically pre-poo with #0 or use it post shampoo at least twice a month. I also use it after I rinse out bleach.

I thought you had to be licensed to purchase #1 and #2? And I thought you were supposed to mix them into the product when using chemical services? Can you please provide more insight into how your process with them works? TIA

I've only used 0 and 3 together but I was thinking of trying 3 without 0 once my 0 bottle runs out. I have a super size of the 3 and my 0 bottle will be long gone before I'm done with the 3.
How big is the super sized #3 and where did you purchase?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:look:Lawd....I think I used #6 in the place of #3 today to Pre-Poo with. :thud:

All the Bottles look the same except the ones with the Pump

I wonder how many other folks have done this?:laugh:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still using:
Olaplex 0,3,5,6,7,8

*7 is not a repurchase (I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it compared to regula' degula' oil of any kind - so far nothing special that I will miss it"

What about other 7 (Bonding Oil) users?

secretdiamond

Used No2 and the 4n1 today. Olaplex has really been helping my hair. This may have been the problem with my hair before, as I only used it a few times since being relaxed again. Won't ever stop using it again. Definitely a staple.

Been wondering about No9. Have seen many reviews online and YT that it's supposed to be great? Like for blow drying, but I also just read someone getting great results with just air drying with it. I'm wondering if it would be a good replacement for NTM Leave In?

ETA: Looks like @LushLox also had great results air drying with No9! Guess I've found my next Olaplex buy!

Theresamonet

I guess I’m in the minority because I love No7. It’s great for those who like lite oils/serums. For me it’s my heat protectant, adds shine and smoothness, and smells nice. It is the one Olaplex product with the bond building ingredient that I can add to my hair daily.

It doesn’t really compare to a regular oil imo, because it isn’t just a sealant. If that’s all you want, then yeah, it’s not worth the buy.