Olaplex 0123456789 What's Your Numba?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I really like #5 too! But I wasn’t sure if I wanted to repurchase, because I don’t always know how to fit rinse out conditioners into my routine. I deep condition every wash and I don’t really co-wash (unless im deep into a relaxer stretch).

So how do you all incorporate #5?
@Theresamonet
I did buy a b/up of 5 because I really like it too. It reminds be a lot of AO GPB a perfect blend of Protein & Moisture.

But haven't quite figured out "where" or how to fit it in especially when I am using #8.

I was using it after cleansing and right before DC'ing but felt I was wasting product.

So, I may swap out a weekly protein treatment and use #5 as a "balancer" of Protein & Moisture when I don't have time for a full protein or full moisture DC'ing session.

Thank you for asking this question. It made me rethink where/how to incorporate it into my Regimen. How about you? @Aggie

HTH's

Aggie

@Theresamonet
I did buy a b/up of 5 because I really like it too. It reminds be a lot of AO GPB a perfect blend of Protein & Moisture.

But haven't quite figured out "where" or how to fit it in especially when I am using #8.

I was using it after cleansing and right before DC'ing but felt I was wasting product.

So, I may swap out a weekly protein treatment and use #5 as a "balancer" of Protein & Moisture when I don't have time for a full protein or full moisture DC'ing session.

Thank you for asking this question. It made me rethink where/how to incorporate it into my Regimen. How about you? @Aggie

HTH's
I simply use it for added strength when I don't want to do a full hair treatment (or simply don't have the time to do so) by shampooing first with #4, then conditioning with #5 for 3 minutes while in the shower, then wash it out after my shower. It's easy, gets my hair strengthened for those few minutes, voila!

snoop

I've been seeing people talk about this. I don't use Olexplex, but thought that I'd post here in case you haven't seen this:

source: https://www.businessinsider.com/olaplex-ceo-jue-wong-products-are-safe-lawsuit-2023-2

Olaplex CEO says hair loss complaints are 'sadly, a fact of life in our industry' as she's slammed with a new lawsuit and PR nightmare​

Olaplex's CEO defended the company on Thursday, saying that the company's hair care products are "safe and effective" in the face of a lawsuit from some of its users.

The lawsuit, filed earlier this month in California, claims that Olaplex led users to develop ailments ranging from brittle hair to bald spots. Some Olaplex buyers previously told Insider that they had experienced similar symptoms after using the company's products.

But JuE Wong, Olaplex's CEO, said in a LinkedIn post on Thursday that Olaplex's products are not to blame for those problems. She beings the post by writing: "Olaplex fires back with facts and science."

She quoted recent articles on Olaplex, including Insider's coverage, which say that a direct connection between the products and effects like hair loss are hard to prove.

"Complaints like the ones you have come across sadly, a fact of life in our industry, and have been made against other high profiled brands in the category for years," she wrote.

Other care hair brands, including Chaz Dean and DevaCurl, have paid out multi-million dollar settlements over the past year after lawsuits claiming that their products damaged customers' hair. The companies have not admitted wrongdoing.

"We are prepared to vigorously defend our Company, our brand, and our products against these baseless accusations," Wong continued.

Wong also pointed to test results from third-party laboratories that Olaplex recently released. Her response was in-line with statements that the company made immediately after the customer lawsuit was filed.

Olaplex's defenses have not reassured all of its customers.

A Facebook group called "Olaplex Hair Loss/Hair Damage?" has swelled to include about 6,700 members, double the number it had at the beginning of 2023. The group includes many posts from people who have used Olaplex's dry shampoo, hair perfector, shampoo, and other products, including some who say that the products damaged their hair.

Customers have also commented on Olaplex's social media posts to voice their concerns. One Facebook post from Olaplex's official account last week attracted several comments from users either referencing the lawsuit or claiming that Olaplex products left their hair in worse condition than before they started using them.

The company has responded to those comments, pointing to the third-party testing results and claiming that they are safe to use.

Olaplex has not admitted any fault with its products, but it has refunded up to 12 months' worth of purchases after customers who are unhappy with the products reached out to the company.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@snoop
Thank you for posting here :up:

I have read the Articles.

So far, as a weekly user of specific things, I haven't noticed any ill-effects, although I don't use 1,2,4.

I'd be curious to know exactly which one's folks are having problems with and how often they are using it.

ETA: I see people complained about 3 Hair Perfector (which I do use):look:

Aggie

Anyone try Olaplex Chelating treatment ?
Do you mean chelating shampoo @Bette Davis Eyes. If so, I have it and have used it once so far. I like it as much as I like the #4 shampoo. It is indeed a keeper. My hair felt clean without feeling stripped after using. I have the 32 oz bottle of this shampoo so I expect it will last a pretty long time. I also use Nairobi Clarifying Shampoo and I love that one too. These are my go-to chelating poos for sure.

Aggie

@Aggie is this it ?

@Bette Davis Eyes

No, that's not what I have. I have the actual clarifying shampoo. Not the treatment. I don't think I need it since I already have a huge bottle of the clarifying shampoo. If you try it, please let us know how it works.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I used the chelating treatment after using Curlsmiths clarifying scrub. The consistency is loose. Almost serum like. It threw me off a little because it was sinking it and I couldnt tell if i needed more. My hair felt slightly softened as I added it after the clarifying scrub. I rinsed it out after 8-10 minutes. The directions say 15-30 but I was in the shower. Next month, I'll try it longer. I used Bond Bar shampoo, and moisture mask after rinsing.

The only noticeably difference is my stylers absorbed into my hair in minutes. My hair is about 95% dry and it feels light.

secretdiamond

Just a heads up, especially for us relaxed ladies:

I was really interested in the Chelating Treatment and actually was thinking of pulling the trigger after reading the preliminary review.
Because I'm afraid of another set back, I checked the ph of this treatment. It's pH 8.5-9. *someone please correct me if I'm wrong*
Not sure how it can be called gentle, if it's that alkaline.
Now, I see why they describe it as 'professional use only,' 'high potency,' 'cortex-level' and 'is used to enhance the results of other chemical services.'

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Down to my last bottle of No. 0. I honestly don't know how I got it but I'm going to finish it and use No. 3 exclusively.