ORS olive oil relaxer. yay or nay?

ORS olive oil relaxer

• Total voters

sunshyne_krissy

NAY. I used this on my fiance's hair as a retouch b/c we ran out of QP Regular. Mannnnn. It came out straight and shiny in the middle but on the sides it came out underprocessed. I can say that it was still soft but he wanted it bone straight. I did exactly as the directions told me and used the maximum time for processing. His hair is stubborn anyway so maybe it's not ORS' fault. LOL:confused:

MzRhonda

I really want to try ORS since reading the many reviews here but I am using Motions lye now and was unable to find ORS lye at my local Sallys today would it be o.k. to use the no-lye since I have been using lye for 2+years?

DivaRox

NoNapNique said:
I had the WORST breakage EVER using this for the first time! :mad:

N3 So sorry you had this bad experience:eek: . I luv ORS poos and conditioners + I was being quietly lulled into trying this at next relaxer. Which strength did you use and was it the lye or no lye?

Flamingnubian

Yay!! It's so effective. It will straighten and still keep the hair soft, this is the only relaxer that doesn't burn my scalp. Yes even burnt by Mizani and Affirm. I swear by this relaxer!

Andrea'

Triple YAY for me!! Every other relaxer that I used in the past left my hair flat with no body. I have used ORS relaxer about three times now and after relaxing my hair is SO full of body and bounce. No more stick straight limp hair. This is the BEST relaxer I have ever used. My hair is also no longer dry. I use the no-lye regular formula. It's the best!

bludacious

This will be my next relaxer...I still have 4 weeks to go before i relax though. I was going to buy it on my last relaxer but they didn't have the neutralizer... So I chose something else.

Angelicus

Long post: I have suffered from underprocessing for 2 years (lye). I tried everything... but a no-lye relaxer. Last weekend I picked ORS Olive Oil Super Relaxer up because of everyone's reviews. The instructions were extremely helpful. I have a lot of hair (50% of my length was newgrowth or texturized) so I thought I would need two boxes... nope, one jar was just enough.

My scalp only tingled a little and I had the stuff on my hair for well over 30 minutes. I rinsed it out and used the Creamy Aloe Shampoo. That small packet gave me approximately 5 shampooings :shocked: I used Roux Porosity Control Conditioner and then added my Beautiful Collection Color (black).

The one thing I didn't like was the product used in my next Step, the Orange Pack conditioner. I guess my hair doesn't like it after chemical usage. Maybe I'll try it again when I am not doing so much with my hair. I did a moisturizing conditioning treatment with Hello Hydration Conditoner and my hair felt like silk. After rollersetting with the wrap mouse and finishing with the olive oil moisturizer, my hair was GORGEOUS. I played all in it before giving myself a well-needed 3 inch cut.

My hair is not totally straight, not even totally straight when wet (in some parts it is) but this relaxer has my hair the straightest it has been in two years. I highly recommend it. :up: :up:

MzRhonda

anky said:
Long post: I have suffered from underprocessing for 2 years (lye). I tried everything... but a no-lye relaxer. Last weekend I picked ORS Olive Oil Super Relaxer up because of everyone's reviews. The instructions were extremely helpful. I have a lot of hair (50% of my length was newgrowth or texturized) so I thought I would need two boxes... nope, one jar was just enough.

My scalp only tingled a little and I had the stuff on my hair for well over 30 minutes. I rinsed it out and used the Creamy Aloe Shampoo. That small packet gave me approximately 5 shampooings :shocked: I used Roux Porosity Control Conditioner and then added my Beautiful Collection Color (black).

The one thing I didn't like was the product used in my next Step, the Orange Pack conditioner. I guess my hair doesn't like it after chemical usage. Maybe I'll try it again when I am not doing so much with my hair. I did a moisturizing conditioning treatment with Hello Hydration Conditoner and my hair felt like silk. After rollersetting with the wrap mouse and finishing with the olive oil moisturizer, my hair was GORGEOUS. I played all in it before giving myself a well-needed 3 inch cut.

My hair is not totally straight, not even totally straight when wet (in some parts it is) but this relaxer has my hair the straightest it has been in two years. I highly recommend it. :up: :up:

That's awesome I am glad you liked it.

bludacious

I bought ORS olive oil relaxer, Lye, normal! I am not sure when I will relax because I am only 5 weeks post now. But my last relaxer didn't take well so I am not doing the long drawn out stretch. May be at 8th weeks...

BSL2008

I voted yay. I used it for the first time two weeks ago. (I took my own relaxer to a Dominican salon) I was very impressed with the results. I usually use Affirm, but I wanted to try ORS because of all of the rave reviews it got from LHCF.

I'm glad I did, I will be using this from now on.

MsAngie

I voted yay. I also tried it because of all of the raves, and I definitely was not disappointed. My hair processed quickly and came out really silky and straight. The only thing that I didn't like was the wrap lotion that came in the box. I applied it, and rollersetted my hair. My hair felt really coated after it dried. I am not sure if it was actually the wrap lotion or me being too heavy handed...lol :look:

tsturnbu

Weel, i used the lye (extra strnght) last week to relaxe my hair. it did leave me underprocessed but i got tremendous body now.

Updated Fotki- August 18,2007

MuslimahTresses

I 've tried them both (lye and no lye). The lye left me underprocessed too. The no lye was much better. My hair was silky soft afterwards. I think I;ll keep using the no lye instead of the lye.

kware27

YAY!!!! I have been using ORS for the past 3 years now. My best friend recommended it to me and Ive been hooked since. It leaves my hair feeling so soft and with lots of body. Also it doesnt burn my hair. :yep:

I took this (ORS Lye) to my hair stylist Saturday and I am extremely pleased with the results. I had shine, body and thickness. I couldn't get my Mizani Lye and for $5.99 I got an expensive relaxer look. My hair type is 4B, thick about 2 inches from shoulder length. I would highly recommend this for other ladies with similar hair.

Nella

I'm going to try this relaxer this week. I sure can't wait to see the results. I know that lately with the SE my hair has been feeling dry. I am going to make the switch because, I think my hair wants something new. I used SE for a year and although the very first relaxer was excellent every subequent one was even more drying on my hair. So, I'm picking up me a box of the ORS - No Lye Version and I will be back to post a review ladies.

After reading all of these wonderful reviews I don't think I have anything to lose by giving ORS a shot!

Nella

I'm going to try this relaxer this week. I sure can't wait to see the results. I know that lately with the SE my hair has been feeling dry. I am going to make the switch because, I think my hair wants something new. I used SE for a year and although the very first relaxer was excellent every subequent one was even more drying on my hair. So, I'm picking up me a box of the ORS - No Lye Version and I will be back to post a review ladies.

After reading all of these wonderful reviews I don't think I have anything to lose by giving ORS a shot!

Well, I had my sister put this relaxer in my head over the weekend and unfortunately for me it left my hair underprocessed in the front and the back took really well. I believe that this happened partly because, she was moving a tad bit slow with the relaxing process and it burned a little.

It took forever to get all of the relaxer out of my head. I think that with this being a newer perm for my hair that I will give it another shot and see how things go because, I don't like changing perms that often. It however, did leave my hair with alot of body but, and it feels silky.

Well, thanks ladies for the recommendations and I hope to have better luck with the next relaxer.

Ladyhenri

I used ORS Lye for my touch up on saturday.. I used normal mixed with olive oil, but i'm over processed...still like it tho.
Will stick to it but put some conditioner in it when next i relax

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
It worked for everyone else, so that means it didn't work for me. My hair never likes what everyone else loves. This relaxer didn't get my hair straight enough, there was hardly any shampoo and the ORS Pak was just ok. Little moisture, NO slip. It smelled good, though. I hated my hair after I got this relaxer, it was dry, dull, kinda hard and not the texture I wanted. After stretching for 3 months, it was a huge disappointment.

Nay from me (could you tell? :lol:)

Last edited:

guudhair

I used this the last time I relaxed and mixed it with 1/4 cup of carrot oil...my hair didn't get as straight as I like...I'm not sure if it was because I didn't leave it in long enough or if I put too much oil in it...I will use it again but I will leave it in a little longer and my not put as much oil in it.

Poetrygirl

I use this relaxer all the time. I do not mix it with anything as I think it is perfect the way it is. My hair is really fine and heavy products tend to make it limp. This product does the opposite. After I relax with this product my hair is bouncy, shiny and extremely healthy. I have not trimed my hair in almost a year and a half and I have had braids, worn half wigs and ponytails and I attribute my hair's health in part to all of the ORS products. They work for me. The Replinishing PAK that comes with the ORS relaxer system is great! :grin:

Last edited: