ORS Replenishing Conditioner (bottle) has changed ingredients

simplyhair

Can you believe it? I picked up two bottles this week at Sally's. They have a sale ($6.49 )on the 12 oz bottles but they had the 23oz bottle in it's place. So, I picked up the last two...deal right?

I check the ingredients when I get home with my old bottle and something looks fishy. The ingredients are still the same but in DIFFERENT order. So, I call ORS especially since they're here in Chicago with me.

The rep claims that they did not actually change the ingredients or the order. He states that the FDA or some gov't agency requires that they have to switch the order of the ingredients periodically. He said that it is the same requirement for food.

Today was wash day and I was eager to try it. The first time I used it I just let it sit for a few minutes while I showered. It even felt different in my hands. When I rinsed, my hair was not silky and moist like my old bottle. I figured maybe I need to sit under the dryer to let it penetrate.

I sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. Nope, nothing...nothing like the old bottle. Plus, my hair was tangled even after putting my leave in...the same leave in I always us.

I am disappointed and tired of these companies.

Here are the ingredients on the old bottle:

Water Aqua, Soybean Oil Glycine Soja, Glycerine, Olive Oil Olea Europaea, Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin, Amino Silk Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Orange Oil Citrus Aupantium Dulcis, D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5, Dimethicone , EDTA, Chamomile Extract Anthemis Nobilis, Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis, Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica, Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel Aloe Barbedensis , Yarrow Extract Achilea Millefolium, Kiwi Extract Actinidia Chinensis, Polyquaternium-37, Trideceth-7, Triethanolamine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone, Yellow No. 6 CI 15985, Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

Here are the new ingredients:

Water Aqua, Soybean Oil Glycine Soja, Glycerine, Olive Oil Olea Europaea, Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , quaternium-80, polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol, dicaprylate/dicaprate, ppg-1trideceth-6, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, panthenol (vitamin b-5), amino silk acid, peg-9 dimethicone, anthemis nobilis (choamomile) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) extract, actinidia chinenisis (kiwi) fruit juice, dimethicone, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans, edta, triethanolamine, dmdm hydantoin, methylchloroiosothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, ci 15985 (yellow#6), ci 19140 (yellow #5)

BTW, the label is different. Instead the label being screen printed like the old bottle, they actually have a label on the bottle. The wording on the new bottle is just like the small Paks. It has "Deep Penetrating Conditioner" in red towards the bottom.

I'll try to take a pic...give me a minute.

i don't understand. why do they need to switch up the order of the ingredients ever so often?

i don't understand. why do they need to switch up the order of the ingredients ever so often?

Believe me, I was calling them this evening before 5pm but no one in Cust Serv picked up. I'm taking the bottles back to Sally's tomorrow.

I was so disgusted, I told my dh about this. I showed him the old and new bottle. I shook the old and new bottle. And he could also tell the difference in the make up of the conditioner. The old bottle is more liquidy so it shook more. The new bottle didn't shake hardly at all cuz it's thicker.

They changed it once before when it was only the packets. I believe they took the marine preteins out. IDK why these companies can't leave well enough alone.

no wonder it wasn't doing what i needed it to do. oh gosh!! i'm a victim of the... "new bottle"..

Thanks for posting this OP, ORS replenishing conditioner is one of my staples. So I checked the big bottle I have and...they do change it periodically I guess. Mine is very similar to the old version you posted OP, but the DMDM Hydantoin is listed towards the end:ohwell:

I'll see how it will work when I use it. I have a stash of it so I really hope it works well.

DSC01635-vi.jpg

Can you believe it? I picked up two bottles this week at Sally's. They have a sale ($6.49 )on the 12 oz bottles but they had the 23oz bottle in it's place. So, I picked up the last two...deal right?

I check the ingredients when I get home with my old bottle and something looks fishy. The ingredients are still the same but in DIFFERENT order. So, I call ORS especially since they're here in Chicago with me.

The rep claims that they did not actually change the ingredients or the order. He states that the FDA or some gov't agency requires that they have to switch the order of the ingredients periodically. He said that it is the same requirement for food.

Today was wash day and I was eager to try it. The first time I used it I just let it sit for a few minutes while I showered. It even felt different in my hands. When I rinsed, my hair was not silky and moist like my old bottle. I figured maybe I need to sit under the dryer to let it penetrate.

I sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. Nope, nothing...nothing like the old bottle. Plus, my hair was tangled even after putting my leave in...the same leave in I always us.

I am disappointed and tired of these companies.

Here are the ingredients on the old bottle:

Water Aqua, Soybean Oil Glycine Soja, Glycerine, Olive Oil Olea Europaea, Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin, Amino Silk Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Orange Oil Citrus Aupantium Dulcis, D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5, Dimethicone , EDTA, Chamomile Extract Anthemis Nobilis, Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis, Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica, Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel Aloe Barbedensis , Yarrow Extract Achilea Millefolium, Kiwi Extract Actinidia Chinensis, Polyquaternium-37, Trideceth-7, Triethanolamine, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone, Yellow No. 6 CI 15985, Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

Here are the new ingredients:

Water Aqua, Soybean Oil Glycine Soja, Glycerine, Olive Oil Olea Europaea, Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol, dicaprylate/dicaprate, ppg-1trideceth-6, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, panthenol (vitamin b-5), amino silk acid, peg-9 dimethicone, anthemis nobilis (choamomile) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) extract, actinidia chinenisis (kiwi) fruit juice, dimethicone, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans, edta, triethanolamine, dmdm hydantoin, methylchloroiosothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, ci 15985 (yellow#6), ci 19140 (yellow #5)

BTW, the label is different. Instead the label being screen printed like the old bottle, they actually have a label on the bottle. The wording on the new bottle is just like the small Paks. It has "Deep Penetrating Conditioner" in red towards the bottom.

I'll try to take a pic...give me a minute.

Girls - they are using different conditioning agents now.... Instead of utilizing just Quaternium-80 and then SAA,(BTW, DMDM Hydatonin is a preservative - formaldahyde releasing)....
They are using these -> polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol, dicaprylate/dicaprate, ppg-1trideceth-6

I am sure a Gymfreak would know more - But from what I have researched and used.... Poly 37 Gives some slip, but not like SAA's...Propylene Glyol is a cheap emoliant, as are the other two.

They have CHEAPENED it up.... As they knew it was popular.

no wonder it wasn't doing what i needed it to do. oh gosh!! i'm a victim of the... "new bottle"..

YEP. New bottle lesser quality. :ohwell::nono::nono:

And- they don't sell the bottle in this region... wierd.

Ransack places for the old formulation!!!!

This too was a staple of mine during my wash n go phase.

DAYUM... I didn't buy a big bottle like I had wanted to, but I do continue to buy the packs.

Have the packs changed also?

Exactly as SamanthaJones said, I need to ransack all the BSS to get the paks while I can.

Thank Goodness its Saturday tomorrow. Ready for a hunt.

Thanks for posting this OP, ORS replenishing conditioner is one of my staples. So I checked the big bottle I have and...they do change it periodically I guess. Mine is very similar to the old version you posted OP, but the DMDM Hydantoin is listed towards the end:ohwell:

I'll see how it will work when I use it. I have a stash of it so I really hope it works well.

DSC01635-vi.jpg

Is there a noticeable difference between the Professional bottle and 'non' professional one? I've only used the paks and the professional bottle.

Yeah, I noticed this awhile ago. I went the BSS near my house and all I saw was the new bottles (they tried to tell me there was no change). I drove all the way to a BSS about 15 miles away where I KNEW they had what I wanted. I bought two of the big bottles to use. They were already replacing the old bottles with the new stuff. I might need to make the trek out there again tomorrow and buy up the rest of the old bottles.

The new ingredients looks like a bunch of chemical fillers....I'll pick up some packs of the old formula next time I'm at Wally World.

I havent seen that yet. I guess I will go out tomorrow and get me some of the old CON green poo and some more of the professional 23oz. I just looked at the one I have and seen that mines is the good ol' stuff, I see that the new one has a red label at the top. When will they stop changing stuff, I guess they have to work with the economy.

Is there a noticeable difference between the Professional bottle and 'non' professional one? I've only used the paks and the professional bottle.

I have no idea, I haven't used the ones in the bottle, I only bought them a few weeks ago. I always use the packs.

The big bottle in your picture is the new bottle I picked up from Sally's.

Yeah that's what I thought too when you talked about the red letters that say deep penetrating on the bottom, but the ingredients are very similar to the old one...I'll just have to use it and see how it works on my hair, praying it still moisturizes and detangles well.

Yeah I saw that at Sallys. They have the one that look like the paks and the regular one thats screen printed. The new one didn't look right, so I just grabbed the one I knew. I guess I will be going back to Sallys' to buy another one just in case.

Oh Dang it...I just checked my bottle, I bought the new one as well. The ingredients are different from the pak and I also threw out my receipt as well. Im praying I can't tell a difference. Well Im go make it work. Shoot im mad...

Last edited:
Dang this is the bottle, yeah My Sallys don't have this bottle at all.

Attachments

• texasbeautysupplycom_2037_17442203.jpg
    texasbeautysupplycom_2037_17442203.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
At least I still have my Queen Helene Cholesterol. Love that stuff. I can always mix some stuff in that for a great conditioner or protein treatment.

Back