ORS Replenishing Conditioner (bottle) has changed ingredients

OMG this new formula SUCKS! :barf:

I FINALLY used the new formula (alone) today. I had previously reported that I used the new formula and that it worked well. But I must say that before today, I had always mixed it with the old formula and other goodies so I couldn't really tell. And then there was the one time I let the Dominicans use it but since I wasn't doing my hair myself, I couldn't feel the results on wet hair. Well today I used it on its own w/o mixing to see how it works and OMGoodness :nono:. Lately (as in for the past 6 months or so), I've been seeing waaaay more posters who say they don't like the ORS Replenishing conditioner than before. Before it was like a Holy Grail Condish for many.

With this new formula, I experienced a waxy like coating on my strands...like a build up of sorts. I first shampooed with Redken Real Control, then DC'd with the ORS. My hair felt so coated and sticky that I followed up with another rinse out condish to try to make my texture feel a little better. I'll have to clarify next week for sure. YUCK, ORS certainly messed up a good thing as I will no longer be using this condish. It used to be my staple. :wallbash:

Last edited:
That is so Sad to hear i have 1 more bottle of the old formula then what i love this stuff.im SAD!!!!!!!!!

Bumping for suggestions for a replacement DC. Anyone who used to love the ORS (original formula) find an excellent replacement?

I FINALLY used the new formula (alone) today. I had previously reported that I used the new formula and that it worked well. But I must say that before today, I had always mixed it with the old formula and other goodies so I couldn't really tell. And then there was the one time I let the Dominicans use it but since I wasn't doing my hair myself, I couldn't feel the results on wet hair. Well today I used it on its own w/o mixing to see how it works and OMGoodness :nono:. Lately (as in for the past 6 months or so), I've been seeing waaaay more posters who say they don't like the ORS Replenishing conditioner than before. Before it was like a Holy Grail Condish for many.

With this new formula, I experienced a waxy like coating on my strands...like a build up of sorts. I first shampooed with Redken Real Control, then DC'd with the ORS. My hair felt so coated and sticky that I followed up with another rinse out condish to try to make my texture feel a little better. I'll have to clarify next week for sure. YUCK, ORS certainly messed up a good thing as I will no longer be using this condish. It used to be my staple. :wallbash:

At the bolded. I had the same thing happen to me. With the new formula. I just stick with the old version.

I thank God that I don't let ingredients worry me anymore. Change is hard. That is why I have learned to adapt. If we don't change we become stagnant. I will continue to use ORS regardless of what the ingredient say just as long as they don't put mineral oil in it. All os well.

^^^It's not just about worrying about ingredients. I can feel a difference in my hair. It's like a coat of wax. That's pretty hard to ignore.

Replacement?!!

There is no replacement for this stuff. I have a bottle and half left.

Thank you for reminding me to go out to the BSS and clear their shelves. I'm still too scared to use that new formula.

Yall tell me what conditioner can get me to detangle through 5 months post hair with ease? Only ORS!

^^^It's not just about worrying about ingredients. I can feel a difference in my hair. It's like a coat of wax. That's pretty hard to ignore.
I guess things like that don't worry me because I mix conditioners anyways. I add things to make them better. I find that ORS is a very good product even when used alone. I get no waxy feel just uber moist.:look:

:nono: I’ve just bought the Replenishing Paks (never used them before) it appears to be the old formula… I kind of hope I don’t like them now :rolleyes:

Totally @ the bolded part. So disappointed .

I just picked up some paks today and they still have the old formula. I didnt check the bottles. I hope they dont change the paks formula :( I will stock up just in case

I agree and I am pissed off, it is also harder to measure so i use it up faster will switch back to packs this weeks .

I remember getting the ORS carrot cream moisturizer this summer and thinking something was wrong with it because of the oil on the top.I thought that maybe it had something to do with the humidity and how it was stored.

Anyway, I noticed that the label said, "Improved formula, more shine."... it was really messy to use and made my hair greasy.

I remember getting the ORS carrot cream moisturizer this summer and thinking something was wrong with it because of the oil on the top.I thought that maybe it had something to do with the humidity and how it was stored.

Anyway, I noticed that the label said, "Improved formula, more shine."... it was really messy to use and made my hair greasy.

I thought so too! I even took it back to Sally's and got another one from another store and ended up with the same oil at the top. I never used it all. :nono:

I initially hated ORS Replenishing, but my hair started liking it back in the summer. I was lucky and found 4 large bottles of the original formula in the Cy-Fair area and I snatched them all off the shelf. Just in case :look: This stuff is a yummy prepoo on dd's hair and I like using it for wash n go's. Great curl definition and my hair stays soft. Then again, dd's hair liked the newer formula as well, but I can definitely see the difference in the ingredients alone! All that good stuff isn't listed on the newer bottles.

I'm selling 2 professional sized bottles of ORS Replenishing conditioner (original formula before the awful formula change). They're unopened/unused. Each bottle is $13 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

I used the new forumla and it still works wonderfully with my hair. It's been a week since I used it and my hair is still soft and strong. In addition, my hair detangled easily as with previous versions. I honestly can't tell the difference. I still get the same results as with the old formula. Moreover, the change in ingredients is very minor.

I remember when the "old formula" replaced the previous forumla (when it had marine protiens) and people on here had the same reaction and were certain that the "old formula" replacement was not as good as the previous version. Interestingly enough, now people are saying the "old formula" is soo good and folks are upset about this minor change. I find it very interesting and it's the main reason why won't let a minor ingredient change deter me from trying the new version. I honestly can't tell the difference and this is coming from someone who used ORS Replenishing conditioner from the time it was introduced and has used the original formula (previous formula to the "old" formula that folks are taking issue with).

Last edited:
I have used the old and new formulations and both work well on my hair. The difference to me is the old formula had more slip.

WHAT! I've been using the "new" bottle, i've never seen the original! I was thinking, is this what all the hype is over? *shrug* I think i've been duped..

Last edited:
Mix up my behind...there's obviously ingredients in the old formula that's missing from the new. -_- If you change the formula, that's whatever...we may not like it, but be honest about it.

LOVE ORS. I'm halfway through a bottle of the old formula and have been anxiously looking for some more. I am going to be SUPER sad if I can't find any, it is one of my absolute staples.

Back