ORS Replenishing Conditioner (bottle) has changed ingredients

darn it - i just bought the new bottle yesterday!!! had the old one but switched it in my backet for the new smaller bottle, thought i would consider budget for once. i am pissed!!!! why!

I just went out and bought the last 2 bottles they had and all their replenishing packs. I will be looking for some more next week.

thanks for the heads up, OP. I bought a bottle about 2 months or so ago from Sallys. I haven't used it yet since I still have a lot of the packs left. I just went to check and I have the old version, thank goodness, but now I am bummed. For the price it performed very well.

I feel slow, but I'm confused -- so they're changing the formula in the packets, too? I mean, I would assume so because it'd be silly to make up two different formulas but, does anyone know for a fact?

I feel slow, but I'm confused -- so they're changing the formula in the packets, too? I mean, I would assume so because it'd be silly to make up two different formulas but, does anyone know for a fact?

I agree with you...SO what is really going on with this product.

Maybe that is why I cannot use it anymore.

Something in it started irritating me.

I was using it as a pre-poo. But I started noticing an itchy scalp and stopped using it. The itching stopped.

I never had that problem with it before.

I agree with you...SO what is really going on with this product.

I think the packets might be changing to the new formula too. I've found packets that have the new formula as well. :perplexed My relaxer that I just used came with one of the old formula packets. But the weird thing is that my relaxer before that one came with one of the new formula packets. I would have thought it would be the other way around but then again, maybe the relaxer I last used was even older than the one I used before then :ohwell:. So I guess they're phasing into the new formula packets slowly but surely? I dunno. :confused:

Last edited:
My sally 23oz bottle has the new formulation...i brought the last orginal ingredienrs by accident. wooh. God was lookin out for me....mmm...now what to replace with hair with now....

well i have a big bottle and some packets. i havent used the bottle yet but i will this weekend to see if i like it the same or if its different.

I don't use this, but glancing at the old and new ingredients it looks like they eliminated yarrow, nettle, rosemary and aloe, which are pretty serious ingredients and I can see why hair would respond differently.

I just left my local cvs and I bought the whole container of the Ors Paks. Tomorrow I'll hit up a couple more stores and clean them out.

Nooooooo Say it ain't Soooo :cry::cry::cry: this is my staple . I just knew I could slap some ORS in my hair and go about my business for hours before washing it out and get my deep conditioning on. Where I am I going to find a deep conditioner that has moisture - protein balance, that I can leave on my hair for hours or go under the dryer with :dizzy::whyme:where.

Nooooooo Say it ain't Soooo :cry::cry::cry: this is my staple . I just knew I could slap some ORS in my hair and go about my business for hours before washing it out and get my deep conditioning on. Where I am I going to find a deep conditioner that has moisture - protein balance, that I can leave on my hair for hours or go under the dryer with :dizzy::whyme:where.

Stack up while you can....

Anyone use the new formula yet? Reviews?

I'm using it right now but this time I added castor oil to it. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it seems different. Can't put my finger on it. Well I'm stuck it.:ohwell:

I've been using the new formula for some time now I believe, and I love it! I never used the old formula, so I absolutely have nothing to compare it to, but I definitely love it.

I'm mad. This is MY STAPLE!

It detangles my NG like no other conditioner. I really should throw my others away. That's how good this stuff is to me.

I'll be hitting up the local BSS to clear their shelves as well. :nono:

I found a local beauty store that have the old version. Im going there today to pick up two more.

Laidies I was reading, its in this thread, that some of the paks have the new ingredients, so read the paks as well, before you all clear the shelves.

I bought 4 of the 23oz old formula bottles. I hope that's enough. :look:

I wonder if I should go back and get like 2 more.

I tried the packets years ago and liked them. Today I used the new formula? with the printed label and red letters. It worked very well. Thick, lots of slip, super hydration. If this is the new formula, I can definitely live with it.

PS I find it easiest to comb through while rinsing the product out. It combed like a dream compared to combing through after applying.

Last edited:
I picked up two old formulas from the BSS....Also contemplating getting more.

Does conditioner expire?

I NEW SOMETHING WAS NoT RIGHT
I was wondering why my hair has been do hard to detangle these past weeks when I washed it. now I now why :[
omg noooo first CON now ORS.
im gonna cry.
guesss im gonna be switching to AO honeysuckle rose

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. I loved that stuff. I guess I will stick with suave humectress. I need to check their ingredients to make sure I don't fall for the bannana in the tail pipe.

I've been using the new formula all along, and its a staple! My BSS has the old formula too, so i'm about to see if its any better on my hair. If so, I'm stocking up!

I bought a bottle and had stupid amounts of product build-up. So much product build up a that an acv rinse wasn't enough I went and got some all natural giovanni clarifying shampoo and washed three times. My hair felt like it was coated in melty wax. I am scared to use it.

Back