Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek SHEDDING POLL!!!

How much shedding are you experiencing?

• Massive amounts (OCT)

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Massive amounts (MT )

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Small increase (OCT)

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Small increase (MT )

Votes: 54 22.0%
  • None (OCT)

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • None (MT )

Votes: 92 37.6%

• Total voters

hothair

I've been using MT and have not noticed ANY shedding at all (aside from very few strands) I redid my full weave after 3 weeks and only a bit of hair was on the comb...

PuffyBrown

Subscribing.....
Keeping up on the shedding.
My MT is coming on Friday.
I am starting my garlic sups again today.

If anyone has supplemented with garlic, how long was it before you noticed that is was working?

xxBlackRosexx

i also had some shedding!!!:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed but it was not exactly shedding, it was making my hair so dry although i only put it on the roots...it still must have had contact with the length of my hair...when i combed more hair than usual would come out...scalp feels a lil sore too..itches even though i have stopped for two days...hmmm not too sure about this!!:nono:

Irresistible

i also had some shedding!!!:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed but it was not exactly shedding, it was making my hair so dry although i only put it on the roots...it still must have had contact with the length of my hair...when i combed more hair than usual would come out...scalp feels a lil sore too..itches even though i have stopped for two days...hmmm not too sure about this!!:nono:

This is not going to work for everyone across the board , just like anything its going to effect people differently

its like I can press my hair and Ive never had heat damage, some people can press once and have heat damage, some people can relax and some cant, etc. Listen to your hair ,if its coming out and dry I would say dont push it, even the people that are using this with success would suggest you stop if the shedding gets too bad (I see'nt it)

I have a question, in all seriousness, i just really want to know

what is it about garlic that stops shedding? does anyone know? sulfur?

eta: I think this could get tricky as far trying to have it not have contact with your hair , because anything at the roots can still be 'moved' throughout the hair just with reg combing and brushing and what not

JustKiya

What are you using? Are you putting it on your roots, or on your scalp? The itchies and slight soreness have been experienced by several ladies (including myself) who have still had wonderful results from it.
Did you increase your moisture/DC usage when you started using? What else are you using on your hair?

Of course, the choice whether to use it or not is up to your personal comfort level, but don't feel like you are the only one who has experienced this, or that it automatically is a bad sign.

cupcakes

i am bout to make use of the money back garauntee and return mine to the company because i cant take the shedding:sad:

JustKiya

i am bout to make use of the money back garauntee and return mine to the company because i cant take the shedding:sad:

Girl, how much have you used? Post it on the swap board, you might get more - and they'll pay for shipping, too! :lachen:

Sorry that the shedding is too too much for you.....

xxBlackRosexx

What are you using? Are you putting it on your roots, or on your scalp? The itchies and slight soreness have been experienced by several ladies (including myself) who have still had wonderful results from it.
Did you increase your moisture/DC usage when you started using? What else are you using on your hair?

Of course, the choice whether to use it or not is up to your personal comfort level, but don't feel like you are the only one who has experienced this, or that it automatically is a bad sign.

I agree, it might not be a bad thing "who knows" but i am not sure if the scalp pain is a good sign...itching maybe ..but pain:rolleyes:

xxBlackRosexx

Done blame you, mine is not shedding, but so dry so small hairs are breaking, like i could not run my fingers through my hair lol.

I sleeped with conditioner on, rinsed it out in the morning and it was still DRY!:wallbash:

I have now washed and added coconut oil and that God it seems to have settled a bit.

crumbling_images

Hello Ladies

1. Are you using OCT or MT?
I'm using Mega-Cell Rebuilder. I've used this product since March/April 08.

2. Have you been able to add anything to OCT or MT that helped alleviate shedding? I've experienced no shedding. Just stronger healthier hair.

3. Did you only experience your shedding in the begining? IF so, for how long?
No shedding.

SouthernTease

I am kind of surprised that so many people are bothered by shedding. If your hair is shedding it means that the hairs that came out were at the end of their growth cycle. So, if your hair is growing faster and you have hairs that are at the end or near the end of their cycle then you will experience more shedding. But, it also means that another is coming out out of the folicle. It's not lost forever.

I use OCT and I have had amazing results. At first I noticed a bit more shedding but after a week or 2 it was fine.

Ditto... and I don't even use MT or OCT but agree with bolded.
I've never even paid attention to shedding... EVER!!!
Breakage... now that's another story...
if your hair was breaking off you should be very concerned.

gymfreak336

Your scalp is itching because of the increased blood flow too it. If your hair is dry, change how you use it. I put it on my dry scalp and massage it lightly in. Then I add some moisturizing conditioner to the length of my hair and slap on a plastic cap. Then I let the whole mix sit for atleast 30 minutes. I then rinse, shampoo and run some moisturizing conditioner through my hair as I finish my shower. I don't have any problems with dryness like this.

Aggie

Wow ST, your hair is beautiful in your siggy there. Love love love it. I for one can't deal with my natural hair, but yours is gorgeous. HHG.

Nice & Wavy

Very beautiful style in your siggy, ST!

Glad you are making the best of your BC!:yep:

SelfStyled

voting to see if im the only one not really getting any shedding... dont mind me...

You are not the only one! Garlic Supplemenst really slowed my shedding when I first started the OCT. Last week I started using a combo 2/3MT +1/3 OCT and my shedding was almost 0:blush:. I was scared that adding the MT might make me start shedding again, but it was the total opposite.

SelfStyled

I was thinking the same thing! I kept seeing this thread bumped up, thinking someone else had something to add, I dunno I find that very weird-how can a thread get bumped w/o someone actually bumping it. Weird!

Nice & Wavy

I was thinking the same thing! I kept seeing this thread bumped up, thinking someone else had something to add, I dunno I find that very weird-how can a thread get bumped w/o someone actually bumping it. Weird!

Ok....it's not just me, I was getting ready to say.....:lachen:

BostonMaria

1. Are you using OCT or MT? Using MegaTek

2. Have you been able to add anything to OCT or MT that helped alleviate shedding? I use it straight out of the bottle

3. Did you only experience your shedding in the begining? IF so, for how long? I never shedded. Just the normal few hairs I usually lose every morning. Its been smooth sailing for me.

HTH!

grnidmonster

I have just started using MT-today is my third day. I put castor oil, SAA and vit e in mine and I have less shedding now that before I started but....
1) I just started and
2) I had major shedding due to severe anemia caused by an illness so, I am assuming all of the hairs that were near the end of their life cycle have already fallen out.

cocoberry10

Why does OCT/Mega Tek cause all this shedding? Can someone let me know! I just ordered Mega Tek, so I want to be prepared! Thanks!