Phyto: Still Loving It? Still Hating it?

chayil0427

Hey Ladies... I was searching some old Phyto threads, and I seemed to see a lot of faces that I'm not sure if they're using phyto anymore.

So, I want to know...who is still loving Phyto and why? Who is still hating it and why? Who loved it but left it and why?

Chayil

Mystic

This has been my experience with Phyto. I started over a year ago and the first time I used it, I swore it was going to be my relaxer forever! I was INLOVE!!!! Overtime, I started to gain interest in other relaxers due to the hype about other relaxers, cheaper relaxers, not wanting to self-relax anymore, problems finding hairdressers who will use my phyto, dryness issues and then all of a sudden, my excitement wore off. Tried other relaxers, hated it, went back to phyto and back in love again. This time, 100% convinced that phyto is here to stay! Love it, love it.....

cocoberry10

chayil0427 said:
Hey Ladies... I was searching some old Phyto threads, and I seemed to see a lot of faces that I'm not sure if they're using phyto anymore.

So, I want to know...who is still loving Phyto and why? Who is still hating it and why? Who loved it but left it and why?

Chayil

I didn't find phyto to really work for me. I also did a self-relaxer, so maybe that's why. I may try it again and have a professional apply it, but I felt like it didn't take. Am I the only one?:eek:

AKA-Tude

I had been interested in Phyto since around 2000, but couldn't find any one of color that had tried or used it.

Then last year I stumbled across this site & jumped on the Phyto bandwagon! I loved it, but the cost...

Then I decided to try other brands, cheaper, and didn't want to have to have anything shipped over here. The other brands were ok, but after researching the ingredients again, I returned!

I'm so glad I did! :clapping: I'm here to stay!

chayil0427

Ok ...as MANY phyto pushers that were on the board 12 months ago I know there has to be some more responses...bumping...:lol:

Chayil

SohoHair

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: :love: :love: Phyto and will never use another relaxer. If I ever was broke for whatever reason, well... I'll just stretch for months and save up!!:lachen:

Phyto is the least damaging relaxer I've used, leaves lot's of strenth and body in my hair, and I never have that thin lifeless look, even when I'm freshly relaxed. Phyto forever!!:D

Keen

chayil0427 said:
Ok ...as MANY phyto pushers that were on the board 12 months ago I know there has to be some more responses...bumping...:lol:

Chayil

I'm still a faithful phyto user.

soulfusion

Mystic said:
This has been my experience with Phyto. I started over a year ago and the first time I used it, I swore it was going to be my relaxer forever! I was INLOVE!!!! Overtime, I started to gain interest in other relaxers due to the hype about other relaxers, cheaper relaxers, not wanting to self-relax anymore, problems finding hairdressers who will use my phyto, dryness issues and then all of a sudden, my excitement wore off. Tried other relaxers, hated it, went back to phyto and back in love again. This time, 100% convinced that phyto is here to stay! Love it, love it.....

Exact same story here .. I've been using phyto for over a year and a couple months ago decided to try Silk Elements lye. Not even close. Back to phyto. My hair really responds well to it.

cocoberry10

SohoHair said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: :love: :love: Phyto and will never use another relaxer. If I ever was broke for whatever reason, well... I'll just stretch for months and save up!!:lachen:

Phyto is the least damaging relaxer I've used, leaves lot's of strenth and body in my hair, and I never have that thin lifeless look, even when I'm freshly relaxed. Phyto forever!!:D

Good Lord, you all are making me want to go back to phyto. I would have to get a professional to do it though. Also, do you use Index 1 or Index 2 (I'm 4a/4b, but probably more 4b). Thanks ladies!

SohoHair

chayil0427 said:
I'm amaized that more people haven't responded given how popular Phyto was (is?) bumping for more.

Chayil

It's the weekend, lot's of ladies post on here from work during the week.:look: :lol: Give it some time, I can think of at least 3-5 Phyto heads who will be blazing through here.

SohoHair

cocoberry10 said:
Good Lord, you all are making me want to go back to phyto. I would have to get a professional to do it though. Also, do you use Index 1 or Index 2 (I'm 4a/4b, but probably more 4b). Thanks ladies!

I've been using Index 2 but since BioSil has been making my texture softer and looser I'm going to switch to Index 1 for my next touchup.

MonaLisa

Still love it two years later... No desire to use anything else....It is the sh**...

(although for the people it didn't work for --do not feel that way....sorry didn't work out:( )

tuffCOOKiE

This was the first time I used Phyto. I dunno.. I wanted my hair to be a LOT thicker. I waited 6 months, planning, plotting, making sure everything was in order. I had about 2 inces of new growth and ..

the woman who applied it left it in too long. I wanted it 85- 90% relaxed and she ended up leaving it in for 30 min... I'm kinda pissed bc I was REALLY REALLY looking forward to seeing texture (just a little bit).

I guess I'll wait another 6 months and try again ((sigh))

but, I think its too soon to tell.. Lemmie get back to you after my first wash. I'll tell you that it is DEF different than other relaxers. My hair is bone straight but it has a little 'weight' to it. Like I said, lemmie get back to you after the first wash.. dont wanna get too hype.:lol:

chayil0427

All very interesting. I'm thinking of trying this relaxer next. Though I was very happy with the results of my vitale pro, I want to self relax (and, as we all know, stylists are pretty bad about switching relaxer lines so there is no gaurentee that he'll be using this line when I go back in another 10 to 12 weeks).

Looking forward to more responses.

Chayil

shaydufblu

Highlander
I've used Phyto Index I two times (for my virgin and retouch). Absolutely loved it the first time, a little less the second. Not sure if it was the relaxer or the stylist though. I think I will continue to use it a little longer to make a better decision. My stylist wants to use Nu Expressions by Dudley, but no one knows about it and I don't want to be the test dummy. :ohwell:

So my answer is I'm kinda in the middle.

chayil0427

Honi said:
Index 2 user here. Still using it and will not use another....EVA! :lol:

Well if you're using it then I gots to try it! You're one of my hair Idols! Love your hair...so beautiful! :grin:

Chayil

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
I've used Phyto Index II two times after long stretches and my hair hasn't felt or looked this healthy for ages. I switched from Mizani and I don't anticipate changing to another relaxer. My hair is thicker than it's been for a while with lots more body. It's worth the money for me, because of I can now stretch for much longer and results are great.

Tanji

shaydufblu said:
I've used Phyto Index I two times (for my virgin and retouch). Absolutely loved it the first time, a little less the second. Not sure if it was the relaxer or the stylist though. I think I will continue to use it a little longer to make a better decision. My stylist wants to use Nu Expressions by Dudley, but no one knows about it and I don't want to be the test dummy. :ohwell:

So my answer is I'm kinda in the middle.

I too, used to use Nu Expressions. Let me tell you this story. Last year my hairstylist used it on me and lots and I mean lots of hair fell out in the back of my head. I was devistated. For months I wore protective styles to aid it's growth. Three weeks ago I made the decision to try phytospecific and let me tell you what a difference!!! I'm sorry I waited so long. My new stylist said that my old stylist must have left it on too long. They pump that Nu Expressions up at the hair shows. My hair used to look ashy and dry and started to break off a lot. It's going on four weeks for me using the phytospecific and I love, love the change. I had to get the other side of my hair cut off big time to match the other side of my hair. I went from armpit on one side to neck length. It hurt a lot but I now have bouncy beautiful hair. Phytospecifc has done wonders for my hair. I have not had breakage which amazes me the most. I purchased products from the salon to use at home. Right now, I'm going to the hair salon every week just to get my hair back in great shape. Eventually it will be every two weeks. After my bad experience I did my research and only allowed a qualifed trained stylist to use the phytospecific on my hair. She explained things in detail. I'm so pleased. Nobody wants to pay extra to get their hair done but I really, really feel the difference. I can't go back! HTH

MiWay

Phyto is the best. I've used lots of others and this is the only one that doesn't leave my hair lifeless and flat afterwards. And my hair seems healthier since using it. I've used ORS as a substitute, and it was pretty good, but it's no Phyto. I'd use Phyto on my son's hair if it didn't cost so much.

chayil0427

Tanji said:
I too, used to use Nu Expressions. Let me tell you this story. Last year my hairstylist used it on me and lots and I mean lots of hair fell out in the back of my head. I was devistated. For months I wore protective styles to aid it's growth. Three weeks ago I made the decision to try phytospecific and let me tell you what a difference!!! I'm sorry I waited so long. My new stylist said that my old stylist must have left it on too long. They pump that Nu Expressions up at the hair shows. My hair used to look ashy and dry and started to break off a lot. It's going on four weeks for me using the phytospecific and I love, love the change. I had to get the other side of my hair cut off big time to match the other side of my hair. I went from armpit on one side to neck length. It hurt a lot but I now have bouncy beautiful hair. Phytospecifc has done wonders for my hair. I have not had breakage which amazes me the most. I purchased products from the salon to use at home. Right now, I'm going to the hair salon every week just to get my hair back in great shape. Eventually it will be every two weeks. After my bad experience I did my research and only allowed a qualifed trained stylist to use the phytospecific on my hair. She explained things in detail. I'm so pleased. Nobody wants to pay extra to get their hair done but I really, really feel the difference. I can't go back! HTH

I think I'm really going to have to try this relaxer!:look:

nycutiepie

I use Phyto Index II and my hair is fine/thin. I relax bone straight and my hair still has some weight to it after Phyto and does not look lifeless. You can actually see the difference between my Phyto hair and maybe the last 4-5 inches of my hair that was relaxed with something else. The Phyto hair is heavier. I love it and do not plan on using anything else.

sareca

cocoberry10 said:
I didn't find phyto to really work for me. I also did a self-relaxer, so maybe that's why. I may try it again and have a professional apply it, but I felt like it didn't take. Am I the only one?:eek:

Me and Phyto are celebrating our second anniversary this June. We're still so in love. :rosebud:

cocoberry10, from my experience if you apply Phyto very generously it will get the hair straighter. It's expensive so I think the instinct is to save as much as you can, but don't do it. I texturized my hair and I accidentally applied too much in a couple of parts. They got bone straight even tho they stayed on for the same length of time as the rest of it.

avyance

Ok, I am 4bbbbb, and I am a believer in Mizani for years!!! I think I will take the plunge and try PhytoSpecific Index II.

I hope it works.....:confused:

MonaLisa

sareca said:
Me and Phyto are celebrating our second anniversary this June. We're still so in love. :rosebud:

ot: I'm sorry, this cracked me up...:lol: because I understand.... :love:

Now, back to the topic at hand...:D

chayil0427

sareca said:

Awww...congratulations to you and Phyto. Are you two planning to start a family soon? :lachen:

Chayil