Product Junkie Weekly Check (Pebbles & ValleyGirl)

NayNay

Pebbs & ValleyGirl
I am officially saying that I was an Good Girl over the weekend and didn't even look at any hairproducts while in the stores!!!! Hopefully you all were able to do the same. Just think only 6 weeks to go /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Hey and if we get a gift certificate that shouldnt count should it????? I say NO and another adhoc if your product is discontinued you SHOULD be allowed to purchase it.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ennyaa

Well... I'm sad to say I spent $70 at the beauty supply on Friday. /images/graemlins/blush.gif But I STILL feel it was money well spent, dang bernit! I was able to get a Lady Dazey Soft Bonnet drier for only $29.99! I mean how could I pass that up? I don't think I'll ever be reformed like you ladies.

I just NARROWLY escaped spending another $40 on a Jilbere 1" ceramic flat iron. The only reason I didn't buy it was because I reminded myself I'd be wearing these braids for 6 more weeks and it would be stupid to buy it now.... So what did I do? I told my fiance to get it for me for Christmas! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*hanging my head in shame*

pebbles

NayNay and ValleyGirl,

I am pleased to announce I didn't buy any products at all!! I'm so proud of myself for not making a single purchase! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif If only I had this sort of will-power for dieting.... Anyway, the best thing is, I have extra money to buy christmas gifts for my 2 little boys.

6 weeks! Oh Lord, give me strength!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

VALLEYGIRL

NayNay and Pebbles
I also was a good girl this weekend. I didn't buy ANY hair products. I did however go to Walgreens and Sally beauty supply and look....that's all but I walked out of there and didn't buy anything at all.
I have to admit that sometime last week I did buy 3 different hair clips. I have promised myself to wear my hair up in protective styles on the weekends and on my days off from work. So I got this MagicBun thingy that supposed to make your buns smooth and perfect, a silver metallic semi circle barrette and a pair of hair stick things to hold the bun in place.
Did I cheat w/ these purchases?
I hope not. I just needed something to make my buns a little less boring. This way I can keep my promise to wear my protective styles.

Valleygirl

Anyone else care to join us in this challenge?

pebbles

Hi ValleyGirl,

You didn't cheat with the hair clips. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Good girl!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NayNay

Yeah Pebbs & ValleyGirl we made it through our first week! Looks like no one is going to join us. LOL!
Ennyaa we will let u SLIDE this week...... /images/graemlins/wink.gif
especially since u are getting married in September!
BE STRONG during the week!!!!!

Ennyaa

Arrrrgh! *Grittin my teeth* Ok I will NOT buy any hair products this week. *sniff* I guess that New Image conditioner will have to wait. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
if your product is discontinued you SHOULD be allowed to purchase it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get some of this stuff before it's all gone!!!!
It's about to be discontinued... /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Plus it's on sale for .99!!!!

Ennyaa

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you for giving me this small PJ pass! hahahaha

Peachtree

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry to interrupt your thread, but this "PJ 12 Step Program" "Weekly Check" is just cracking me up /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I know that I'm supposed to encourage you all, but y'all are just toooo funny, lol.

Wishing you ladies the best...stay firmly committed.
God Bless,
Peachtree

pebbles

It's o.k Peachtree!
This past weekend, instead of going to the beauty supply store, I went through all of my hair products and found 5 items I haven't used yet! This is really a good thing for me because every week I would spend $30-$50 on products! /images/graemlins/blush.gif
I need this time to use up some of this stuff. I console myself by making a list of items that I see mentioned on this board that I'm going to try once February comes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

LOL good luck ladies. I have to agree with PeachTree this thread is making me laugh, but I also see that for some of you it has to be done. Good luck with the next 6 weeks.

Ennyaa

Ok I went and got me 4 bottles of the stuff at .99 cents each. The girl told me that they were gonna discontinue the whole line not just that one product. Anyways that should be enough to last me a couple of years!! LOL Since I don't plan to straighten my hair that often. I have to start considering if events are "Straight-Hair Worthy"! hahahaha.

But that's it for me until the end of the year. NO MORE PRODUCTS until 2003. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

NayNay

I think I am breaking down.....ok and this is soooo sad and proves that I am NOTHING BUT A PJ...I was reading about the New Image Damage Free Thermal Conditioning Styler...and I think I am going to buy it. Everyone says it is the BOMB, it has a lot of good ingredients and it is 99 cents. OK very very infrequently do I add heat to my hair, but I don't care I am breaking down and getting it...remember if a product is discontinued we can get it right????..... so on my way to Sally's after work....
I AM PATHETIC /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ennyaa

((((HUG)))) It's okay girl. I'll give you my "get out of jail free card" to go buy this product. You haven't fallen off the wagon if the product is being discontinued. Go on and grab you a bottle or two. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

NayNay,
make sure you only buy the discontinued product and nothing else!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlkMane

Another rule: If it is ON SALE, you can buy it....why pay full price later?

BTW- I'm heading to the dollar store later....since ValleyGirl said that discontinued stuff is allowed. Might find some Loosely Defined.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

I think if it is on sale then WE CAN PURCHASE! THEN I won't be such a BAD girl! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I bought 4 bottles of the Thermal styler and one package of magnetic rollers...it was on sale for 99 cents. Now I have like 80 magnetic rollers /images/graemlins/crazy.gif (PJ I am PATHETIC I know) I HEARD that thermal stuff is great....maybe I will be back this weekend they only had 4 bottles out on the shelf...
Has anyone ever used anything else in their line?

Integrity

this thread is way too funny! esp. about the rule with if its on sale then you are allowed to buy it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

sweetcocoa

I brought another pack of rollers yesterday... I've got over 100 rollers! You name it I got it(including perm rods and those 'solar rollers)! Remember I'm 40 something(and proud of it) ....so I've been collecting rollers for over 20 years. My lastest 'kick' are the wire mesh(they dry so much faster). I have some in every size now except the white ones which are extra jumbo size(paging Valleygirl..I'll be gettin them soon!). I don't throw ANY of them out ...I might need them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

Sweetcocoa,
I am ASHAMED to say that I have 80 magnetic rollers with the clips, I didn't count the 20+ flexirods, the 60+ vent perm rods, the 30 spiral rods, and not the mention the plastic rollers I use at night.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif I know I AM PATHETIC..what can I say /images/graemlins/crazy.gif......

Ennyaa

Whoooo Lawd! That sho is a WHOLE lotta rollers. NayNay you and Sweetcocoa need to get together and open a "Rollersetting Parlor"! Where ladies can just come and get their sets done. LOL

Integrity

naynay and sweet, is this a hobby or an obsession or u just like variety!! lol, the idea of 100+ rollers is quite funny. i have just 12 and use 8 max each time. now..the next time i go shopping am might gonna get me some mesh wire ones... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

Well Pebs &amp; ValleyGirl,
I may have Fell OFF the wagon. I was good for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, but BlkMane has me going to the dollar store at 97th &amp; Columbus and Pebs....I know I am going to get the KemiOyl Shea Butter Pomade BUT someone else is buying it for me....I made a bet with a guy and never called it in....since I can't buy any hair products he is going to get it for me...does that count??? I still may go look at the Shea Butter Pomade...well it is almost 4:00 and I have to go SHOP!!!!
I will check in late Monday to report my BAD Behavior..I have a feeling I AM NOT going to Make it until February...but the stuff is on sale...../images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pebbles

NayNay,

....since I can't buy any hair products he is going to get it for me...does that count???

[/ QUOTE ]
Boy, did I laugh! It does count! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I've been doing so much Christmas shopping that my need to buy products has been soothed a little, just a little. It's still really difficult to go into a store and not visit the hair supply area. I just have to look. Don't go crazy NayNay. Remember all the products you already have to use up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

I know I am going to get the KemiOyl Shea Butter Pomade BUT someone else is buying it for me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay Nay are you giving him the money for it when he gets it for you:? If so I think that's good as buying the product. Aww you poor dears I really know know that I'm not a bad PJ as some of the others. Y'all have it bad /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LondonDiva

Thanks for posting the link sassygirl. Do they tabgle up the hair or are they really good rollers. I don't know if I'd be able to work with those on my hair.