Product Junkie Weekly Check (Pebbles & ValleyGirl)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I've never used them on my natural hair. (My hair is beyond trying to style right now!) But they didn't tangle in my relaxed hair. And I didn't use end papers, either.
Mr. John recommends them for for setting natural hair. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif But don't let that stop you from trying them! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hot Comb Mafia! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Every time I think about that a burst out laughing!

NayNay

Pebs-I decided to keep the Weekly checks in the same thread....well my behavior BORDERS on insubordinate....Of course I COULD NOT RESIST THE SALE! I went up to 97th & Columbus in NYC and purchased a FEW items...I bought some more JHERI JUICE and it was VERY CHEAP, some 911 conditioner, and the same Aphogee Moisturizing Balancer and spray leave in as BlkMane. I also purchased Suave Coconut conditioner...but some of this stuff was 99 cents....OK I am going to post WHAT else I did in the KemiOyl Post! Have I been a bad girl? Do I have to add an extra week????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif PLEASE NOT AN EXTRA WEEK....EVERYTHING WAS ON SALE!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

This is my first official PJ post. They say admitting is the first step. I'm afraid to say that you dont know a PJ until you've met me /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Today I bought Smooth and Sleek (pantene), Glistening Creme Conditioner by Johns Frieda, Relax Moisturizing Conditioner and Bleach Blond Kelp Help.....
Howeverrrrrrrrr. Over the last month I have purchased
Suave Salon Formula Conditioner, Suave Coconut Conditioner, Some Redken Leave In Condtioner, Anti-Snap, Hawaiian Silky Mild relaxer, Aphogee reconstructor, Wella Lifetex(came with some free slippers from Hair Depot in Mount Vernon), kerasilk Leave in, Jazzing Rinse, Rigen (Italian Deep Conditioner)Lotta body Creme Wrap (ordered it) and /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif I am too ashamed to continue. I dont even enjoy clothes shopping the way I used to. Any suggestions on a 12 step program? My sisters seem to think I need it!

pebbles

NayNay,

Now how am I supposed to hold it together?? You have been a bad girl.... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Lord help me for next week; I need to shop! I don't think I can hold on for much longer... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Miss Montserrat,
Girl!! You really are a PJ!! Damn!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

auntybe

Okay....I really need to slow down since last week I went to THREE Sally's locations: I bought a ceramic flat iron( and I got a free shampoo), two bottles if New Image Damage Free Cconditioner, TCB Hair food, four bottles of New Image Damage Free Styler, Photgenics Shampoo, Styler, Hair Gel, Sun Protection Oil and some Shennique Hair Oil. Then I went to Wal-Mart and got some detangler amd glosser. Tonight I am going to buy several packs of hair for my weave and who knows what else. My cousin is planning an intervention if I keep this up.

NayNay

Hey Ladieez!
I was waiting for my scolding Pebs......Wow Auntybe and Miss Montserrat you two have it just like me and Pebs!
Well I am definitely going to NOT buy anything else (hopefully /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) until February. You know what I tried...tell all your friends and family (children included) and tell them that you can't buy anymore hair products and let them YELL at you and say you aren't allowed and that may help cut down on the PJ. All of my friends yelled at me and said U can't buy that. If they go shopping with me they watch me. They tell me discontinued items and sale items are INCLUDED!!!
I think I am done and I HATE to tell you this. My hair is still SHINY from the KEMI line items that I posted about. Wow at least maybe that will end my PJness when it comes to moisturizing my hair. So I may be set on a moisturizer/oil, protein, and shampoo....now for the conditioner /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
OK I will add another week of not buying products in February....I think I am BREAKING out in a cold SWEAT /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif HELP!!!!!

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
OK I will add another week of not buying products in February....I think I am BREAKING out in a cold SWEAT HELP!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO!!! You know you've been a bad girl!! I don't know what I'm going to do on Thursday. There are sales starting everywhere, and I don't think I'll be able to pass that up! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nita4

"Shaking my head, shaking my head...trying to hold it together" You guys are absolutely no help. I'm not buying anything...until I need it...maybe...maybe some Lotta body creme wrap...I could donate the stuff I don't use to a shelter...I could do that...maybe I'll go shopping too!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Miss Montserrat

Pebbles, Youre right... I am a PJ but it sounds like such a compliment /images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay, Okay, De-nile aint just a river in Egypt. I just wanted to point out one good thing to my fellow PJs. When I buy a product and try it out, I actually save you money if I do a product review. Right... Right.. I cant hear anyone responding. Okay... don't say anything but here is a hint (I wont by Anti-snap again b/c I couldnt get the come through my hair, Relax is nice but I didnt realiize it contains petrolatum...) Isnt this a great idea. I think each PJ should review they're products as a form of admittance an/or punishment /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I know, I know, I have issues. When the people in the beauty supply tell you that, you <font color="red"> </font color> you have a pro blem!

NayNay

Ms. Pebs I havent heard from you. I have to report to everyone that since my shopping spree stimulated by BlkMane (50% sale in Uptown NYC) I have purchased ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Good Girl for the New Year...hopefully until February 2003!!!! oh yeah and one extra week! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pebbles

NayNay! Where have you been girl? I haven't purchased anything, but now that christmas shopping is over, I'm sorely tempted to buy some products. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Rayne just hooked me up with a site where I can buy the Mizani relaxer and there are some other items I want to try too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm going to try to hang on. I have never gone this long without making a purchase of some kind of hair product.

NayNay

Pebs
I think I am weakening AGAIN! I have always wanted to try the TwinLab NA-PCA spray and KeraCare. Can we take 1 week off I promise I will add another week....ok I won't buy the KeraCare just the TwinLab Aloe NA-PCA spray and I won't add an extra week in February. You can buy whatever you want to for 2 weeks.... PLEASE /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif It is your decision!

pebbles

LOL!!

NayNay, girl you are hopeless!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif What are we going to do with you? If you really can't hold out, then make just that ONE purchase, but just that one! But from now until February, don't even think about asking for another break! You won't have to add an extra week. SVT has been tempting me with this Tropical Avocado conditioner/moisturizer and I was so close to getting it, but Allandra threw some cold water on my idea so I didn't buy it. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
But, try not to purchase it. Think about how good you'll feel come February. Think about the victory! (you do know that this pep talk is as much for myself as it is for you, right?) /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LondonDiva

Can we take 1 week off I promise I will add another week....ok I won't buy the KeraCare just the TwinLab Aloe NA-PCA spray and I won't add an extra week in February. You can buy whatever you want to for 2 weeks.... PLEASE It is your decision!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawd, Poor Nay Nay is it really that bad! If there were levels of Product junkiness you'd be a straight up addict. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NayNay

I know I am sooooo pathetic.... I will admit /images/graemlins/tongue.gif! London you are right I am glad I don't feel the same way about illegal substances or alcohol! OK I will try my BEST not to buy the NA-PCA but you know what that means. My guy friend is sweet he was like do you want me to buy it for you so you won't break your pact! I was like I will do my time for my CRIME! But this time I can blame MoniCurl and BlkMane-they did it0read their post! I will report on Monday how bad or good I was....... over the weekend! /images/graemlins/confused.gif
THANK YOU PEBS for my reprieve!!!!!

Ennyaa

Don't feel alone in your high level of PJism NayNay. I'm ashamed to tell you guys that I spent a pretty big wad yesterday on some Indian and essential oils for my hair. *sniff* I wasn't even gonna post about it but since folks are comin clean and stuff... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlkMane

NayNay--

I refuse to take responsibility for your addiction! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Hell, I'm having trouble taking responsibility for my own PJ issues!

BTW-- I think I like the Aphrogee Balancing Moisturizer. Nothing earth shattering, but it's good. Not sure if I need to purchase it again, though.

Did you smell the Aphogee Green Tea spray stuff? What does yours smell like? Mine stinks.

NayNay

BlkMane
I was thinking the same thing that Aphogee Green Tea stuff does stink and I don't think I like it. I liked the smell of the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer and my hair seems to like it. It doesnt detangle me though!!!! So I am still searching for a moisturizing conditioner!!!!!
OK I was trying to blame my PJness on someone and figured I could get away with it I guess I have no one to blame but myself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

OK Pebs &amp; BlkMane and everyone else I ran right to Wholefoods and purchased the Aloe Twinlab NA-PCA spray...did I notice any GREAT difference in my hair from it NO, but I only used it for 2 days. I will keep you informed on the progress. I looked at my wicker cabinet and noticed the overflow onto my dresser and another cabinet and I have decided.... I AM DEDICATED not to buy anything until FEBRUARY 2003! Really I am. Actually I think I am going to have a couple of 2 large expenditures coming up so that will deter me some. HOPEFULLY! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pebbles

o.k NayNay. No more products for you! That's it girlfriend. If you fall off the wagon one more time, I will have no choice but to declare your case a lost cause! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Aloe Twinlab NA-PCA spray

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay Nay what exactly does this product do for the hair?

NayNay

Pebs-don't worry I am done done done with buying products for the entire month and still may add on an extra week! SMILE Hopefully I will be 2 busy to buy a lot of products.
London Diva- The Twin Lab Spray has sodium PCA in it which is a natural humectant. It is suppose to be used to spray on the skin and to help attract and maintain moisture in the skin, but others use it on their hair to help keep in moisture. I don't know how to post links in the board to a topic, but if you look up the post Paging Monicurl you can find more details there.

NayNay

Pebs I wasn't going to admit it, but I GUESS I will be honest. I have already broken down /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I am on week 12 without a relaxer and wanted a detangler so I went out and purchased the Aussie Slip, which does work well.
I THINK I AM HOPELESS /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pebbles

NayNay, You bad girl! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well, I can't really blame you. I'm on week 6 without a relaxer and my hair is getting harder to handle. I am going to try the Elucence relaxer which means that I'm going to have to purchase it online. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Now you know I'm going to get the relaxer, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Oh, I can't wait to make that purchase!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

NayNay

Pebs,
The worst part about it all is that I said to myself you know I am NOT going to buy anything and I meant it. I truly did. All my girlfriend did was suggest this detangler by Aveda-I posted on this forum and ran out to the store after I received some suggestions and did more research.
OK maybe I need to revise my PJness pact and say I can't purchase one product that costs more than $5 until February. Maybe that will work for me or I am limited to one product every 2 weeks. I will try the combination of both. No products over $5 and a limitation of 1 products every 2 weeks. I might be able to survive with that. A shame to say I have been eyeing the posts on in relation to the Pantene Sleek &amp; SMooth...I used Pantene years ago and liked it. I am also looking at the KeraCare!
HELP /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Well I might be out of town in February so adding the two more weeks of punishment may be possible!
I cannot believe myself. But I like I said hopefully between my potential trip and a baby shower
I am throwing I will be distracted.
But the only think I really think I need now is a moisturizing conditioner and a GREAT leave in conditioner. But I will wait and do a LOT of research first then buy!
PLEASE BUY THE EULENCE I will feel better if you join me in at least ONE violation....u are a Ms. Goody 2 shoes LOL!!!
How do u do it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kitkat

NayNay, you are hopeless!!! Methinks we need to start a support group for you! I've been pretty good at not buying anything new (trying to use up what I have /images/graemlins/grin.gif), but I DO want to give Profectiv products a twirl to see what I think. It came highly recommended by the ladies here.

This thread is hilarious! Nay, I feel for you. You'll recover someday!

Nay, what and where is Wholefoods? Do you get beauty supply stuff there?