Product Junkie Weekly Check (Pebbles & ValleyGirl)

LondonDiva

Aww poor Nay Nay and Pebbles. I have to applaud some of you Pjs though. I think I am turning into one. I mean can you believe I spent like £30 on hair products that was solely for one bill I was determined to get down. Of course it had to be justified and now I'm paying the price with my broke self . Ahhh nevermind. All the envious looks toward my head I've got over the past 2 days have made it all worthwhile.

I think rather than going COLD TURKEY till feb was too harsh a punishment on yourself. I think you should have slowly cut down allowing yourself a 1 or 2 product maximum a week (depending on how bad your addiction is) or setting yourself a financial limit a week. Once you get used to the minimal spending then maybe disciplining yourself to only buy products when you need it may come into effect sooner than, doing it like you are now.

pebbles

NayNay,

It's been hard!! But I have so many products I want to finish, that I have been able to try a lot of the stuff I bought but never had the chance to try.

If only I could diet with this much determination...

Well, as for the Elucence, oh yes!! I'm buying that puppy!! I can't wait to try it. This is also a great chance to try all of their shampoos and conditioners. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I couldn't pass that up if I tried. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I think rather than going COLD TURKEY till feb was too harsh a punishment on yourself. I think you should have slowly cut down allowing yourself a 1 or 2 product maximum a week (depending on how bad your addiction is) or setting yourself a financial limit a week. Once you get used to the minimal spending then maybe disciplining yourself to only buy products when you need it may come into effect sooner than, doing it like you are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know NayNay, I think LondonDiva has a point here. Like you mentioned, maybe we should try a spending limit? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LondonDiva

I think you should enforce a spending limit. Rather than feel bad every time you break your pact it's better that way. Maybe you can enforce a personal reward, but you'd have to be disciplined and if you stick to your limit at the end of the month you spend twice the amount of your limit or buy 1 extra product.

Something like that anyway.

NayNay

OK I agree with Pebs and LondonDiva (not that I didn't violate EVERY pact I made) I will impose a 1 product per 2 weeks. This is my 2nd purchase in January and hopefully I won't be a BAD girly anymore!!!! (OK I didn't even make 1 product per 2 weeks or under my $5 limit /images/graemlins/crazy.gif) I plan on looking at the Pantene and KeraCare and hopefully lasting until FEBRUARY or later. Hopefully being so busy will distract me!!!!

NayNay

Pebs,
Okay I have been a good girl this week! SMILE I actually cleaned up and reorganized my hair products and didn't purchase any NEW products. I plan on keeping that up! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

pebbles

/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Good girl!! Now that's worth celebrating!! Next wek I'm going to make my Elucence purchase. But I haven't purchased any hair products in weeks, so I'm all excited. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

Good for you. I won't be purchasing anything (hopefully) this weekend either, but I am eyeing that Smooth &amp; Sleek and since so many women like it and it is pretty cheap I may WEAKEN once again!!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Let me know how the Elucence works on you!

pebbles

Let me know how the Elucence works on you!

[/ QUOTE ] Will do. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Can't blame you about the Smooth &amp; Sleek. I'm tempted myself. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BlkMane

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

...And add in Aubrey Organics Island Spice Rinse to the above. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

BlkMane said:
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO @ Blkmane.

Blkmane what are the two products next to the S curl?
How do you find the HB Olive Cream?
I can't see it too well, but is that HB Cholesterol on top of it?

BlkMane

Hi, LD. I've just used the Olive Cream for the first time last night after I washed my hair. I applied it as a leave-in on my wet hair before the SCurl (didn't rollerset). I then braided. I'll let you know how my hair looks once I take out my braids. (My hair feels soft...roots are dramatically wavier due to the S Curl)

The two jars next to the SCurl are Tropical Avocado and Tropical Aloe Hair Conditioners. Got these for a buck a piece at the $1 store!

These are actually the "Venezuelan" version of Tropical (I usually use the Dominican version which smells, looks, feels different.)

Haven't used yet.

And, yes, that is HB Cholesterol Cream on top of the Olive Cream. They came packaged together for $2.99! I used the Olive Choles. last night. So far, I like it. Made my hair very slick and shiny.

LondonDiva

$2.99 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gifDamn London!! That's the equivalent of £1.99. /images/graemlins/nono.gif And to top it off I've never even seen the HB Cholesterol. Oh y'all are too lucky. You get everything. Even Dominican and Venezualen conditioners. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well Blkman let me know how the HB Choles works for you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Integrity

LondonDiva said:
$2.99 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gifDamn London!! That's the equivalent of £1.99. /images/graemlins/nono.gif And to top it off I've never even seen the HB Cholesterol. Oh y'all are too lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diva, the 2 for 1 hollywood beauty product is also in Brixton. I got the Carrot Oil duo at ACE but i cant remember the price though it was cheap! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

azul11

looking at the hair pics is perking up my pjism. i looked at tracy's and bhr and amillion's hair pics and then i had to check out adrienne's and it was over. now if they tell me rubbing dirt on their hair makes it grow and i glance again at their hair pics i go hmmm.... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif. i'm trying to stick to a rotation of three shampoos,conditioners,leave ins..etc but its like the more reviews i hear the longer my list get. its a good thing i write the stuff down and wait a couple of weeks or months before i purchase otherwise i would be swimming in products. i cant remember the name of the person but there was someone who showed their pics and then their stand up dryer. well then i had to search for it. because her hair looked so beautiful. the price slowed me down. the thing that didnt make me feel so bad was that she had shelves of products. i guess i am a pj but because i wait a couple of months because of my braids till i try a product by the time i go to buy it if the hype has died down i dont feel the need to buy it. this is all so shameful. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif God bless you all.

BlkMane

HB Cholesterol review (for LondonDiva)-

Hey, girl! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Just wanted to give you a quick update. I've used the HB Olive Cholesterol twice now and so far I like it. It seems to moisturize and soften my hair very nicely. And it has a nice scent!

I have no complaints! I actually compared the ingredients to my QH Cholesterol. The HB has everything the QH has and more except for three ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (can you believe it, the QH has that in it!), Lanolin and one other chemical sounding thing (glyceryl stearate??).

It seem like the HB might be a better product. In addition to all the other QH ingredients, it also has rosemary extract, sage extract, and TONS of other goodies.

This might become my NEW cholesterol if it continues to work well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NayNay

I am proud to report that this is my 2nd week of going COMPLETELY cold turkey! I have not purchased ONE hair care product and won't this week or next week. If I can last 1 more week it will be an entire month...... /images/graemlins/clap.gifI have MORE than enough products from all my shopping sprees!
I have 2 32 ounce bottles of Creme of Nature and am finishing up 1 32 oz bottle, have 2 unused ORS hair mayo, bottle of unused wildgrowth, 16 unused ozs of Nexxus....should I continue LOL!

LondonDiva

Blkmane thanks for the review girl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Much appreciated. I'll keep this on my to try list and not my I have to run out and get it now list. lol

pebbles

Allright NayNay!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif
Good for you!! I know with all the products you have, you can hang in there for one more week. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

Or maybe I could last another YEAR!!!! LOL!
I plan on completing one product free month.....of course I am CONFIDENT because I am traveling and can't BUY any products! LOL but I WILL go one month COLD turkey!!!!

BlkMane

Congrats, NayNay!!

I'm proud of you, girl!!!

My PJism is actually not that bad. A couple of weeks ago I made those conditioner
purchases and now I'm basically set for the rest of the winter.

And last week I bought all the essential oils I think I'll need for my concoctions, so I
think I can avoid buying hair stuff for a while. I have EVERYTHING right now oils, moisturizers,
S curl (LOL), essential oils, shampoo, protein conditioner, moisturizing conditioner.

I'm going to try to use EVERYTHING I have before buying any "duplicate" products.
(It helps that I have my eye on a Prada purse...would rather THAT then more hair products!) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

NayNay

I am proud to say that I am 3 weeks PRODUCT Free!!!!!! I am going to try to make it 4 weeks!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Welcome back NayNay!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif Good girl!!! I knew you could do it! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

G

I don't know about the traveling bit.

I was in Montgomery this weekend and thier Super Kmart has a going out business sale everything 30% off, so, naturally I went to the hair section...

But I restrained myself even under the pressure of 30% signs all over the place /images/graemlins/up.gif

NayNay

Good for u MindyMouse!!!!!!

I am just CLAIMING my victory early!!!!! By Sunday (I am going out of town this weekend and driving back on Sunday) I will be 4 weeks product free! I won't have time to go to a store this weekend so /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/king.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif to me!!!!!! I am soooo proud of myself. I think I will celebrate with some KeraCare Humecto! LOL but I MAY last until Saturday for that! YEAH!!!!!

NayNay

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUCE I AM OVER 4 WEEKS PRODUCT FREE!!!!!!! I finally did it! KeraCare here I come!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/king.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/bdance.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

pebbles

/images/graemlins/party2.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif That's great NayNay!! Congratulations!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif