Protein Queens: Challenge

weavepat

@IDareT'sHair Apologies if you've answered this already, but I couldn't find it via search. Is the dumb blonde reconstructor in the silver tube the same as the one in the purple bottle, or is it more concentrated?

Also for anyone still interested, Komaza says they'll be fully restocked by this Friday. I think I'll grab two bottles of the protein treatment just to have on hand.

weavepat

@IDareT'sHair No worries. I was just curious.

Currently on wash 3 of 6 for initial k18 trial.
After applying k18, I twisted my hair using Eden Bodyworks curl defining creme that I boosted with additional hydrolyzed silk.
Also spritzed my finished twists with Aphogee restructurizer.

weavepat

Pre poo'd with nexxus curl define prewash treatment. It contains hydrolyzed silk, keratin and wheat proteins.

Applied k18 leave in for week 5 of 6 initial trial.

Once the trial ends, I'll deep condition my hair for the first time since early March.
Ideally komaza will restock by then(feeling like Linus waiting on the great pumpkin). If not, I'll just boost a moisturizing DC with some hydrolyzed rice protein.

AtlantaJJ

High Porosity hair thrives on protein. YT is full of Low Porosity natural hair influencers and they scream about protein sensitivity. I missed out on some good protein treatments over time because I didn't understand this. Perhaps this realization will help someone.

AtlantaJJ

Pre poo'd with nexxus curl define prewash treatment. It contains hydrolyzed silk, keratin and wheat proteins.

Applied k18 leave in for week 5 of 6 initial trial.

Once the trial ends, I'll deep condition my hair for the first time since early March.
Ideally komaza will restock by then(feeling like Linus waiting on the great pumpkin). If not, I'll just boost a moisturizing DC with some hydrolyzed rice protein.
Aw man, this protein has a cone in it... I like my protein straight, no chaser! This would be good before a blowout though. I don't do them often.

weavepat

Exfoliated with the nexxus inergy scalp scrub. It contains hydrolyzed wheat and keratin.

Applied k18 for the final week of the initial trial.

Twisted hair with boosted EB curl defining creme.

I have a pretty good mix of protein products for various stages of my regimen. I think as long as I use something strengthening each wash day, I won't have to use a hardcore treatment.

snoop

Hair (type, length, porosity, density)
Natural 4c hair, WL, normal, medium, strand thickness is fine/medium

What kind of proteins will you be using?
Hydrolzed oats, baobab, quinoa, lupine, plant keratin, jojoba, and SAA

What products containing protein will you be using?
I will be mixing raw proteins into my ayurvedic masks

How often will you use it?
Weekly

If you currently have a protein rich regimen, how do you feel it has benefitted you?
I have started this routine this year. I have way less breakage and sheds. I was able to extend my trim session by three months.