Hairveda's Methi-Set
Curl Junkie Repair Me, Deep Fix Banana & Hibiscus
Curl Junkie Strengthening
L'anza Reconstructor
Nex.xus Emergencee
SSI's Fortifying, Okra Winfrey
Creme & Coco's Spun Sugar
Cathy Howse UBH (Balancer)

So, I have a few Protein Conditioners/DC'ers to work with. I know I am missing a few too.

LavenderMint

Okay, I’ve been lurking the thread for aminute but I know this is what my hair likes so I’m just gonna hop on in.

Hair (type, length, porosity, density)
4ab, high porosity, medium density, shoulder length

What kind of proteins will you be using?
Whatever hydrolyzed proteins I can get my hands on. Most likely: keratin, wheat, soy. If henna counts, then henna too.

What products containing protein will you be using?
Aphogee 2-minute, Aphogee pro-v leave in, Green Beauty Real Protein Treatment, Redken Anti-Snap, Mielle Organics Babassu Mint dc, Colorful, 1 bottle of Aubrey GPB, & hydrolyzed wheat protein from Making Cosmetics. I’m unclear on the efficacy of the protein in Deva Curl no-poos but I have that to use up.

How often will you use it?
Weekly wash day, possibly in between for moisturizing and resealing.

If you currently have a protein rich regimen, how do you feel it has benefitted you?
Looking at my stash, I had a few things in there already that I was using but my inconsistency makes it hard to pinpoint any results.
I like how my hair felt after my first henna treatment in December, the Mielle Organics dc makes my hair feel wonderful and I had a brief flirt with CNP but I haven’t been consistent with anything.

My goal is to strengthen my hair & have the added accountability of joining a group to help increase my consistent use of beneficial products & practices.

LavenderMint

Today is wash day:
1-Aussie MoistShampoo- my hair needs a good, deep cleaning
2- DevaCurl Decadence conditioner w/CNP added & 10minutes under hot cap
3- oil rinse (new to my regimen)
4- Oyin Hair Dew
5- twist and clip ala Kimmaytube and Shea on my ends.

Aggie

I used my Curly Proverbz Henna Tea Rinse on my hair this evening and sealed it in with some Shea Butter blend. The henna tea really makes the hair feel very strong, almost hard like, but the shea butter softens it and makes it wonderfully manageable again. A really nice combo :yep:.
Repeated this same regimen tonight. My hair is still surprisingly soft.

Aggie

I used my Curly Proverbz Henna Tea Rinse on my hair this evening and sealed it in with some Shea Butter blend. The henna tea really makes the hair feel very strong, almost hard like, but the shea butter softens it and makes it wonderfully manageable again. A really nice combo :yep:.
Another Repeat tonight. I really love this combination. It is working so well on my hair.

Aggie

I used up the last bit of my diy henna tea rinse on my hair last night, no chasers. My hair was super strong today so I had to finally immerse it in SSI Marula Hemp Hair Cream and Shea butter to seal. It feels a lot better tonight :yep:.

CoilyArielBrowe

I took my marley twist down yesterday and wash today. I knew I wanted to do a protein treatment and my hair felt soft when I took it down. It's been about two months since I did a strong protein treatment( aphogee step 1) and thought I should do something strong again since I'm still recovering from some heat damage. However after I washed my hair felt a little dry so I chose ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I think I'll continue to use more balancing protein conditioners and see how my hair works.

NaturallyATLPCH

I took my marley twist down yesterday and wash today. I knew I wanted to do a protein treatment and my hair felt soft when I took it down. It's been about two months since I did a strong protein treatment( aphogee step 1) and thought I should do something strong again since I'm still recovering from some heat damage. However after I washed my hair felt a little dry so I chose ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I think I'll continue to use more balancing protein conditioners and see how my hair works.
Balancing protein conditioners have been working well for my hair.

discodumpling

After a short hiatus I'm back on my protein grind. Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing breakage and shedding like I just had a baby! I need a hard protein treatment but I used Hask Keratin Protein mask today...cause that' s what I had available in my stash.
I swear I heard my hair sigh in relief after my hour long DC under the dryer.