Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

beloved1bx

I tried a 3-strand twists for the first time and got the best twist-out on my hair thus far. Also helps that my hair had grown and had a bit more hang now.
Pics are Day 2 hair after going to the gym last night and attempting to pineapple it for bed.

1645719899869.png

Attachments

• 1645719776774.png
    1645719776774.png
    753.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Not yet! I need a review of the new Doux products lol

But seriously what makes you want locs? I heard they are very freeing
I’ve been wanting them for years. And I mean YEARS. I’m tired of my curls webbing. Detangling is always a nightmare if I wear it curly and wait too long. I loveeeeee my hair curly but I always feel I suffer length when I’d do better to keep it in twists. @Napp

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I drove to Austin today and spent some time with my sisters. One of them took me to a hair store. I bought a wig. Synthetic and kinda long. Loose wave. I’m expecting it to last a week or 2. I’ll update with a pic later20CED44D-0C55-42BB-A6A0-6D81AF4F03CB.jpeg

Last edited:

imaginary

I’ve been wanting them for years. And I mean YEARS. I’m tired of my curls webbing. Detangling is always a nightmare if I wear it curly and wait too long. I loveeeeee my hair curly but I always feel I suffer length when I’d do better to keep it in twists. @Napp
This was the main reason I put off getting sisterlocks but once mine settled and I didn't feel like as much of a plucked chicken (about month 4/5), I really loved them. They shrink, curl and fluff up like my natural hair so I honestly do not miss it much. I miss straightening my hair and getting it into a high bun (had to cut out a lot of damage before I got them) but I feel like once I get more length, I won't miss those as much.

Sisterlocs are beautiful. How long does the maintenance tightening take?
I don't have super dense hair, and it takes me 2hrs every 6 weeks. I have a mix of small and medium sizes because of how fine my hair is in some areas.

Royalq

So im wondering if i need a better water filter. I have a filter from home depot but i looked on amazon and found ones that filter better. Then i had the bright idea to try to find a handheld shower held that also includes filters. Lo and behold i found one! So i order a filter for the shower pipe plus the handheld shower head filter, each one has 15 step filtration so im getting a two step filtration and a total of 30 stage filtering. Im hoping to see improvements in my hair and skin health

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
So im wondering if i need a better water filter. I have a filter from home depot but i looked on amazon and found ones that filter better. Then i had the bright idea to try to find a handheld shower held that also includes filters. Lo and behold i found one! So i order a filter for the shower pipe plus the handheld shower head filter, each one has 15 step filtration so im getting a two step filtration and a total of 30 stage filtering. Im hoping to see improvements in my hair and skin health
You're gonna be smooth as a baby's bottom lol

Napp

Ms. Nobody
This is why I don’t come into salons

I changed my work schedule for this appt and I’ve been up since 430 am. It’s 513 pm and I’m still sitting here.

This is why I don’t get my hair done in a salon anymore. Caribbean owned Not that far from me. And I know folks that go to her. It’s a wrap. If my hair wasn’t 3/4 done I would have left at 4.
What are you getting done?