Regular Users of Dabur Amla Hair Oil

Miss*Tress

How long and consistently have you been using it?
Have you had any problems due to the mineral oil content?

I used to use DAHO as a pre-wash treatment and got excellent results. I stopped using it when I realized mineral oil was the main ingredient plus I hate the smell. But now I want to go back to it because nothing else has been as effective for me.

So how about you? What do you think of DAHO?

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I have used mine as a pre-poo treatment; and I have also mixed it with my henna (twice). I also found it to be a great detangler if left on overnight!

Jenn22588

In what way was the amla effective for you?

I use it in my deep conditioners and by itself overnight. I had a good amount of growth using it consistently at least 4 times a week for a month but I was also trying a different conditioner for co-washing so I'm not sure which product helped me w/the growth. I don't like the smell either but I only use it when I am going to co-wash or poo.

Pheonixx

In what way was the amla effective for you?

I use it in my deep conditioners and by itself overnight. I had a good amount of growth using it consistently at least 4 times a week for a month but I was also trying a different conditioner for co-washing so I'm not sure which product helped me w/the growth. I don't like the smell either but I only use it when I am going to co-wash or poo.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.
I've been using so many things and shwitching up my routine any growth could be attributed to any product I use.
I'm into Henna and Amla and other powders but that Amla...it stinks.
Though I'll finish the bottle it if anyone has had decent results from it.

Oh...
I got my amla from here.
http://www.mehndiskinart.com/hair_oil.htm
Don't know much about their henna and other powders

Last edited:

wheezy807

I got my alma oil from an indian store by my job. I have used it in the past as a overnight prepoo. The smell is very strong and perfumey. Luckily after i shampoo and dc i can't smell it afterwards. I say if you liked it and it didn't do any harm to your hair then keep on... I've never had any problems with it myself. Good luck.

joyandfaith

I've never had any problems using it. My hair loves it! ...my SO does say that I smell like an old Indian man when I put it on though :ohwell:

I use it as an overnight pre-poo when I'm going to do an Ayurvedic rinse. I also spike some of my conditioners with it.

dreysonsmommy2011

Well I just picked some up from my local indian grocery, that and some coconut oil. The Indian woman there told me that both are really good for hairgrowth. She advised to apply to scalp, massage the oils in, then apply to the hair and let it sit for 1-3 hours and then wash out. She told me to do this 2-3 times a week to stimulate hair growth:yep: BTW, she said that Jasmine Oil is mainly used as a "perfume" for the hair.

Miss*Tress

Well I just picked some up from my local indian grocery, that and some coconut oil. The Indian woman there told me that both are really good for hairgrowth. She advised to apply to scalp, massage the oils in, then apply to the hair and let it sit for 1-3 hours and then wash out. She told me to do this 2-3 times a week to stimulate hair growth:yep: BTW, she said that Jasmine Oil is mainly used as a "perfume" for the hair.
Interesting. I usually keep oils off my scalp and just slather them on the length, concentrating on the ends.

Thanks for your responses so far, ladies.