Relaxed Hair Thread

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Re: Relaxed Hair THREAD!!

Posted this in Random Thoughts as well...

How do you guys detangle your flexirod sets? I've given myself a whole new head of ssks with my latest adventure, and I have no idea how I'm going to wash my hair with it all coiled up like this. I finger detangle a section and when I let go it coils back up on itself. This is a mess! :nono:

Mische This is why i prepoo! After finger detangling a section of hair i use a heavy thick conditioner that will make the hair straighten out. Then i comb through it with a medium toothed comb to remove the shed hair. when i finish my whole head the hair will not be all knotted and tangled.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

How do you guys detangle your flexirod sets? I've given myself a whole new head of ssks with my latest adventure, and I have no idea how I'm going to wash my hair with it all coiled up like this. I finger detangle a section and when I let go it coils back up on itself. This is a mess! :nono:

Mische This is why i prepoo! After finger detangling a section of hair i use a heavy thick conditioner that will make the hair straighten out. Then i comb through it with a medium toothed comb to remove the shed hair. when i finish my whole head the hair will not be all knotted and tangled.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

Mische

Napp thank you very much for your advice! I actually ended up doing something similar when I finally washed my hair this past week. I finger detangled a section of lubricated dry hair, applied conditioner to straighten, and twisted to prevent tangles. I've definitely learned my lesson and will be leaving my hair alone for the rest of the year. Airdrying straight down with scarf for the rest of 2011. :yep:

ElegantElephant

I just conditioned with Aubrey Organics and I LUV it!!! My hair was easy to detangle and now feels soft and moisturized. Are any of you using this weekly?

Dposh167

i want to color my hair darker so baaaaaad. I'm just so sick of using these wash out rinses. I'm so scared that the perm. color is gonna screw me over

Napp

Ms. Nobody

Sorry about that quadruple post!

I am so ready for a touch up and to correct these ends. Im Not lovin these texturized ends

Ms. Tiki

Ladies I need your help! I want to move from texlax to bonestraight. I think part of the reason I'm having breakage is from texlaxing. What is the best way to do it without causing any damage?

FYI...I want to be bonelax b/c the frizz is killing me. I'm in FL and once it starts to poof my hair texture looks coarse and nothing like it is supposed to look. I can't find any product to help with that issue

Last edited:

blackberry815

Ladies I need your help! I want to move from texlax to bonestraight. I think part of the reason I'm having breakage is from texlaxing. What is the best way to do it without causing any damage?

FYI...I want to be bonelax b/c the frizz is killing me. I'm in FL and once it starts to poof my hair texture looks coarse and nothing like it is supposed to look. I can't find any product to help with that issue

Go to a salon you trust, explain the situation and get a corrective relaxer

Evolving78

i think i will buy some smaller rollers, so i can get a tight curl set and go back to rocking my headband when it starts to look a mess. this way, i'm not touching it for a week or at least 5 days.

yeah i think i am going to set it tonight or i wonder if i should just wait until Thanksgiving? i think i might wait, since i will be in the house anyway. my hair doesn't look a mess right now. so i think i can just rock this look for a few more days.

Last edited:

Evolving78

i just drench my hair in oil and work it through, let it sit for an hour or longer, then i just rinse and finger detangle in the shower.

niqu92

i want to color my hair darker so baaaaaad. I'm just so sick of using these wash out rinses. I'm so scared that the perm. color is gonna screw me over

omg me too i really wana color my hair.my hair is a dark/medium brown but i wanna go darker.im so scared because my mom has a relaxer and she colored her hair and its been falling out really bad so thats made me even more hesitant to try

my stylist said i should try henna to bring out my natural hair color but she said its extremley messy&time consuming :ohwell:

niqu92

question (since flexi rod sets were mentioned),
do you ladies who do flexi rod sets do it on wet hair/air-dried hair/or straightened hair?
whn i do flexi rods i do it on straightened or blown out hair but ive never done it on wet or air-dried hair.are the results similar?

Meadow

I just conditioned with Aubrey Organics and I LUV it!!! My hair was easy to detangle and now feels soft and moisturized. Are any of you using this weekly?

I've heard so much about the Aubrey Organics line. It has high ratings. It even got good scores in the cosmetic database. No poisons in it. I gotta give it a try

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

ElegantElephant

I've heard so much about the Aubrey Organics line. It has high ratings. It even got good scores in the cosmetic database. No poisons in it. I gotta give it a try

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Meadow: You will not be disappointed!!! I used the AO GPB Conditioner and am glad I did. I can't keep my hands out of my hair because it feels so soft and moisturized. I am protein sensitive and have color so I really need the protein and AO gave me the perfect balance of light protein and mositure. AO is now a staple!:grin:

Raspberry

So I know it seems like there isn't much fresh knowledge for relaxed heads around here but don't sleep on the LHCF archives ladies, they're truly golden. Much of what we need has already been discussed ... I love the search function :yep:. I haven't found another site that has the breadth of knowledge on relaxed hair techniques and products that this one has.

I just found a thread about wrapping hair without a comb (fingers only) and that actually worked..

@Raspberry: You will NOT be disappointed!!! Be sure to let me know how it works for you. By the way, I conditoned on dry hair.

Will do! I've never done a real pre-poo so I can't wait to try it with GPB.

back2relaxed

My stylist recommends using semi perm color if you are concerned about damage, as they just deposit color similar to a rinse, but they last a lot longer. Mine usually last about 4-6 weeks, I wash weekly. I personally like Clairol Beautifuls Line or the Adore brand. My stylist uses Matrix.

back2relaxed

question (since flexi rod sets were mentioned),
do you ladies who do flexi rod sets do it on wet hair/air-dried hair/or straightened hair?
whn i do flexi rods i do it on straightened or blown out hair but ive never done it on wet or air-dried hair.are the results similar?

If you do the rods on wet hair, they usually last longer, and are tighter, on my hair. I use either a setting lotion and water, or a leave in CON and lots of water. When I do it on dried hair, it is looser, softer, wavier type curls.

sunnieb

Woke up this morning and my 7 weeks post newgrowth was matted like crazy!

No worries! I moisturized like normal, fluffed, and put in a decent-looking half-up/half-down do. Thanks LHCF for showing me what to do!

uploadfromtaptalk1321969202470.jpg

Sent from my Comet

Raspberry

A weird thing I'm having to get used to with relaxed hair is the wind blowing it in my face.. plus having my hair fly in my mouth sometimes. I can see why some women prefer bunning most days.

Toy

A weird thing I'm having to get used to with relaxed hair is the wind blowing it in my face.. plus having my hair fly in my mouth sometimes. I can see why some women prefer bunning most days.

LOL So true Raspberry..I keep my hair out of the way because of this.

Raspberry

My hair is holding moisture much better now that I'm bonelaxed instead of texlaxed... I only seal my ends once a day, the rest of my hair doesn't need extra moisture daily... weird right? I always thought the more the bonds of the hair strand are broken down, the more porous and prone to dryness the hair is. But maybe removing the bends from the hair shaft enable moisture to penetrate easier.. who knows. I'm way too analytical about this stuff :lol:

LOL So true @Raspberry..I keep my hair out of the way because of this.

Makes sense.. now I'm wondering how all the long haired women I've known have dealt with hair blowing in their face their whole lives. :nono:

Meadow

@Meadow: You will not be disappointed!!! I used the AO GPB Conditioner and am glad I did. I can't keep my hands out of my hair because it feels so soft and moisturized. I am protein sensitive and have color so I really need the protein and AO gave me the perfect balance of light protein and mositure. AO is now a staple!:grin:

ElegantElephant: I will definitely give that a try! I wonder if it will make me put down the Carol's Daughter...we'll see...

sunnieb

Got back on track last night. I dc'd on dry hair with Motions CPR. Then I clarified with Suave and washed with Nexxus Humectress. I airdried, put in two bantu knots and went to bed.

My newgrowth is totally softened and un-matted today! :woohoo:

Sent from my Comet

Napp

Ms. Nobody

Im thinking about relaxing semi straight my next touchup.i feel like the longer i go with out a relaxer the kinkier my texturized ends are becoming.

Raspberry

So I'm trying to get the hang of wrapping.. more specifically trying transition into a wrap after rocking a bantu knot-knot out or braidout lol. Now that I'm bonelaxed a nice wrap is possible but I'm realizing I need to plan out my styles over a week to minimize manipulation. Like bantu knot-out ==> braid-out ==> single bun ==> wrap.. wash and repeat.

GVP Matrix Conditioning Balm is awesome as a leave-in, then sealed with oil :lick:.. moisture and shine galore. I really have no need to buy any more products The only thing is I want to try to try to reduce cones.

ElegantElephant Aubrey GPB was amazing as a pre-poo :yep:

Last edited: