Relaxed Hair Thread

How long did you leave the relaxer on for? Most ppl who use it want texture. I get straight results with it but that's because my stylist leaves it on for 20 mins at least and smooths a good amount.

I left it on for 15 minutes. I typically leave a relaxer on for 20-25 minutes because my hair doesn't straighten easily. My intention was to leave some texture but not so much where it looks like I'm still almost 5 months post lol.

I really need to make up my mind on what I am going to do about texlaxing. I'm at 20 weeks and it wasn't my original intent to stretch this long. I just know I've been wearing wigs more lately and that has been a main reason I haven't texlaxed.

For those that are stretching their relaxers, how long does wash day take? If I don't take breaks it could be 3 hours.

I was able to detangle the shower again with no problem and I barely had any breakage.

For those that are stretching their relaxers, how long does wash day take? If I don't take breaks it could be 3 hours.

I was able to detangle the shower again with no problem and I barely had any breakage.

Idk, it always takes long because after I'm finished deep conditioning, I sit around being lazy

When your being careful it can take hours. My SO asked why I take so long and I said "if you want me to rush, I can always just rip out my hair. It's crazy because when it gets longer the process will get longer smh shortdub78

Last edited:
When your being careful it can take hours. My SO asked why I take so long and I said "if you want me to rush, I can always just rip out my hair. It's crazy because when it gets longer it the process will get longer smh shortdub78
you are right! It seems folks on YouTube don't seem to take as long as me. I'm like I wish I could just comb and detangle my hair like her, and still have hair! Lol

When your being careful it can take hours. My SO asked why I take so long and I said "if you want me to rush, I can always just rip out my hair. It's crazy because when it gets longer it the process will get longer smh shortdub78
you are right! It seems folks on YouTube don't seem to take as long as me. I'm like I wish I could just comb and detangle my hair like her, and still have hair! Lol

I'm about 16 weeks and now that I'm planning to relax I found that I'm out of relaxer :lol: Been debating if I should switch from ORS lye to a professional brand like Affirm or Linange...

shortdub78 what are you doing on wash day? Takes me about 15 minutes for on cowash day. Add an hour for dc day.

Last edited:

shortdub78, a few hours from pre-poo to 100% dry & detangled. Does your time include drying? I do something like...
pre-poo (30 mins)
shampoo (10 mins)
DC (30 mins)
Apply leave-ins (5 mins)
Dry (30 mins)
Detangle (15 mins with being careful)

For those that are stretching their relaxers, how long does wash day take? If I don't take breaks it could be 3 hours. I was able to detangle the shower again with no problem and I barely had any breakage.

4-5 hours that's why I have to do it on my day off. I'm trying to simplify things to shorten it but my hair can take forever to dry. I washed on Sunday morning and air dried my hair, parts of it were still damp today.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

-Prepoo with oil (includes taking shed hairs out)- 5-10 minutes
-Shampoo - 10 minutes
-Conditioning rinse - 4 minutes
-DC 30-45 minutes but it depends if I'm distracted with other things.
-T-shirt dry - 30 minutes but it depends if I'm distracted with other things.
-Detangle, style/set or blow dry - 45 minutes total

shortdub78, a few hours from pre-poo to 100% dry & detangled. Does your time include drying? I do something like... pre-poo (30 mins) shampoo (10 mins) DC (30 mins) Apply leave-ins (5 mins) Dry (30 mins) Detangle (15 mins with being careful)
yes! The drying takes the longest! 1.5 hours to dry my hair with the dryer using the tension method. I'm going to see about tee shirt drying to remove most of the moisture.

Yes, I tshirt dry as I towel off. It really speeds things up. By the time I've toweled off and applied lotion, it's time to apply leave ins and dry my hair. shortdub78

For those that are stretching their relaxers, how long does wash day take? If I don't take breaks it could be 3 hours. I was able to detangle the shower again with no problem and I barely had any breakage.

Just about 3 hours. It mostly depends on deep conditioning and styling afterwards.

topnotch1010

I want to find a way to quickly dry my hair amd achieve soft, sleek hair. I don't wanna air dry, blow dry, wet wrap or set my hair. I have attempted applying leave ins and just sitting under hooded dryer with my hair loose or clipped in a bun. In doing this, my hair doesn't feel nearly as soft as when I set my hair. Any suggestions?

I have a few more questions but will put them in a different post.

topnotch1010

What leave ins/heat protectant do you use for direct/indirect heat styling?

Which is better from a stylist perspective -- indirect heat styling or air drying?

I know to apply heat protectant before blow drying or hood drying. Do you reapply heat protectant before flat ironing?

I'm coming up on 7 months post and my last two wash days have been a struggle. My roots won't hold moisture, hard to detangle, and I notice more breakage. I wanted to stretch until December but I may relax sooner like Friday if this does not chill out. I've done protein at one wash and moisture at the other. Idk what to do.

I'm coming up on 7 months post and my last two wash days have been a struggle. My roots won't hold moisture, hard to detangle, and I notice more breakage. I wanted to stretch until December but I may relax sooner like Friday if this does not chill out. I've done protein at one wash and moisture at the other. Idk what to do.

Guuuuuurl know when to tap out when it comes to stretching LOL

Babygrowth I love Redken but do you feel it stripped your hair too much?

Have you attempted another regi since? CON Argan is very moisturizing and would be a good shampoo to use to help maintain and/or improve your hydration along with a good DCner.

eta: I see you used SM Manuka shampoo last night from another thread. Does your hair still feel dry? I think SM Manuka is very cleansing but not hydrating.

Last edited:
Babygrowth I love Redken but do you feel it stripped your hair too much?

Have you attempted another regi since? CON Argan is very moisturizing and would be a good shampoo to use to help maintain and/or improve your hydration along with a good DCner.

eta: I see you used SM Manuka shampoo last night from another thread. Does your hair still feel dry? I think SM Manuka is very cleansing but not hydrating.

It did strip my hair. CON left my hair coated and tangled. My hair feels better but still dry just not as dry. I might just need to do a deep cowash tmrw. Idk.

It did strip my hair. CON left my hair coated and tangled. My hair feels better but still dry just not as dry. I might just need to do a deep cowash tmrw. Idk.

I could be wrong but sounds like Redken and SM were new items you were trying. Do you have a shampoo that you love and know will work that you can use? I'd stay away with experimenting until your hair is back on track.

What were you doing / using before trying Redken? I say go back to those products and that regimen. Babygrowth

I could be wrong but sounds like Redken and SM were new items you were trying. Do you have a shampoo that you love and know will work that you can use? I'd stay away with experimenting until your hair is back on track.

What were you doing / using before trying Redken? I say go back to those products and that regimen. Babygrowth

That's exactly what I was thinking. Really only Hairveda Amala cream rinse makes my hair clean and soft. SD go moist is ok but I can't find a shampoo I really like. I have been using something new each wash. I will take a break from that. Thanks divachyk for your help.

Back