Relaxed Hair Thread

Evolving78

Yay, we can finally upload pix again!

So here's my pic of my two textures. I took it right after my last texlax at the end of April. I usually tuck my braids because the ends look so bad. I'm growing out my bone straight ends. That's from me doing correctives which ended up being way too straight for my fine strands.

View media item 129373
I'm a recovering scissor/clipper addict. I literally used to shave my head every year. So I'm afraid to cut of my ends because I'll probably just go ahead and shave it off once I get chopping.
I'm transitioning from bonelaxed and I'm currently a scissor happy addict! lol I'm going to buy a fresh pair of scissors to trim my DD's hair today, then I'm going to hide them from myself. I was trimming again for no reason... looks at that munchin's head! I just love babies! I can't wait until my grand nephew gets here!

MzSwift

I'm transitioning from bonelaxed and I'm currently a scissor happy addict! lol I'm going to buy a fresh pair of scissors to trim my DD's hair today, then I'm going to hide them from myself. I was trimming again for no reason... looks at that munchin's head! I just love babies! I can't wait until my grand nephew gets here!

You brave, brave soul. Lol!

abioni

Will the squeeze bottle be used to apply the relaxer? If yes, it sounds like a good idea. My main issue when self relaxing my hair is I get relaxer all over my hands and it becomes difficult not to get the relaxer on already relaxed parts when dividing the hair by hand.

I have all my materials ready for relaxing my hair. All I needed was a squeeze bottle and Aphoghee 2 minute and I got it. I want some spin pins, but I don't see them anywhere on the ground :down: I need to see if I have any more cheapie conditioners left.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Will the squeeze bottle be used to apply the relaxer? If yes, it sounds like a good idea. My main issue when self relaxing my hair is I get relaxer all over my hands and it becomes difficult not to get the relaxer on already relaxed parts when dividing the hair by hand.
No, but I like that idea. I was gonna use it for my X21.

Evolving78

That is a good idea! Cuts down on the mess and you can get right at the new growth, but will it slow down the process?

We need to test this out with some conditioner!

LushLox

Someone should try this and report back lol. The hole would need to be fairly big though as the relaxer is quite thick of course.

SuchaLady

So much love up in this thread. Thanks everyone for all the safe wishes. Sorry to hear you're in Irma's path @SuchaLady. Please do what you can to stay safe okay?

@Aggie We are heading out tomorrow morning. I hate evacuating :cry: It is sooo hard getting back home when you leave. Evacuating is not really the issue though, its more so having something to come back to.

@SuchaLady
How is everything going?
Are you ok? I'm going to check the other thread. I went to bed watch the weather channel all night.

@shortdub78 Im okay thanks. I work with a real estate company so I had to make sure other's properties were secured before we left :rolleyes: So I have been busy. Im packing up now though. *sigh*

Apparently, people will only ever experience one Irma-like storm in their life. I am completely okay with this. Those are bragging rights that I have no desire for.

Last edited:

Evolving78

We are heading out tomorrow morning. I hate evacuating :cry: It is sooo hard getting back home when you leave. Evacuating is not really the issue though, its more so having something to come back to.

@shortdub78 Im okay thank. I work with a real estate company so I had to make sure other's properties were secured before we left :rolleyes: So I have been busy. Im packing up now though. *sigh*

Apparently, people will only ever experience one Irma-like storm in their life. I am completely okay with this. Those are bragging rights that I have no desire for.
I was just explaining what you said to my children. Coming back home is difficult. Leaving with the shirt on your back, then coming home to rebuild is so hard. Please keep your spirits up. I can't do much, but I will pray for you, Aggie, and the other ladies. I have experienced a few tornados in my lifetime, but nothing compares to this.

SuchaLady

I still have to wash, protein treatment, and dc my hair before I leave :yawn:

So I have been in cornrows + halfwigs for the last month. I love it :love: :love: It gets oiled twice a day with JBCO and it is soooo easy. I took my braids out yesterday and it was just as moist as when I had it braided down :thud:

I might just change out my protective styles 1x per month until like Easter :look:

Aggie

@Aggie We are heading out tomorrow morning. I hate evacuating :cry: It is sooo hard getting back home when you leave. Evacuating is not really the issue though, its more so having something to come back to.

@shortdub78 Im okay thanks. I work with a real estate company so I had to make sure other's properties were secured before we left :rolleyes: So I have been busy. Im packing up now though. *sigh*

Our Prime Minister evacuated several of the Southern Islands because they were the ones to get a direct hit from Irma. So far I am hearing only good news about those islands. I thank God for His tender love and mercy for the Bahamas. I have been hearing some stuff on US news that are simply not true.

We are not perfect, not by a long shot, but there are some here that are fierce prayer warriors, me included. We pray around the clock, taking turns and we go at it hard. Praise to God is definitely what we do down here. We are careful not to leave Him out of anything and we keep each other accountable.

All last night, all we had was a very light windy day, yesterday and even now today. Thanks be to God alone!

Evolving78

Our Prime Minister evacuated several of the Southern Islands because they were the ones to get a direct hit from Irma. So far I am hearing only good news about those islands. I thank God for His tender love and mercy for the Bahamas. I have been hearing some stuff on US news that are simply not true.

We are not perfect, not by a long shot, but there are some here that are fierce prayer warriors, me included. We pray around the clock, taking turns and we go at it hard. Praise to God is definitely what we do down here. We are careful not to leave Him out of anything and we keep each other accountable.

All last night, all we had was a very light windy day, yesterday and even now today. Thanks be to God alone!
Amen!!

Switching to Mizani butter blend no lye might be a mistake. It left me under processed on my last retouch on July 4th

I currently have my hair in giant cornrows and will keep it for another week. If I can't deal with the texture on my next wash, I'll do a corrective a week after. If it is manageable, I'll braid up and keep it moving till week 10 mark.

Evolving78

I feel really bald headed and I won't be able to do much with my hair until it's at least BSL.
Now don't get me wrong. My hair is highly dense in the crown area, so in order to pull off certain styles, like a high bun, I need my hair to be long enough where I don't have to use a lot of product to swoop the hair up. Also, my buns aren't super thick and juicy right now. I feel like I'm in the in-between stage.

MzSwift

I feel really bald headed and I won't be able to do much with my hair until it's at least BSL.
Now don't get me wrong. My hair is highly dense in the crown area, so in order to pull off certain styles, like a high bun, I need my hair to be long enough where I don't have to use a lot of product to swoop the hair up. Also, my buns aren't super thick and juicy right now. I feel like I'm in the in-between stage.

Uh oh, be careful sis. This is where my clippers/scissors come out, that in between stage. It's the worst! Do you have any good PSs that involve fake hair? The only way I didn't cut my hair is by hiding it from myself. I used braid/twist extensions and wigs with cornrows underneath, that way I couldn't easily get to it. It's almost fall too so it's a good time to HYH. :yep:

Evolving78

Uh oh, be careful sis. This is where my clippers/scissors come out, that in between stage. It's the worst! Do you have any good PSs that involve fake hair? The only way I didn't cut my hair is by hiding it from myself. I used braid/twist extensions and wigs with cornrows underneath, that way I couldn't easily get to it. It's almost fall too so it's a good time to HYH. :yep:
I was looking for some scarves for head wraps. I thought about getting another wig. I suck at braiding my hair. I need a manequin to practice.

Ok.. I just put my hair into 4 cornrows. It's not perfect, but I'm proud of them and will wear them under my head wraps. This will be my protective style. It didn't take me too long about 20-25 mins. I pinned up the ends to protect them.

Last edited:

MzSwift

So now I remember why I had to hurry up and put these extensions in. My little man is into hair pulling. He pulls his big brother's locs and he keeps pulling at these extensions too! So I may or may not relax soon but I can't wear my hair out. :(

I've either got to rock some wigs or find a style where it doesn't damage my hair if he pulls. Twist/braid extensions aren't it. Maybe crochet or weave because my hair will be braided underneath. I guess I could also do ponytails. But I don't wear my wigs around the house and I'm tired of walking around in scarves. It's bad enough I walk around with spit up stained sweats/yoga gear. Lol!

Man, I've already given up my beloved hoop earrings!!

Evolving78

So now I remember why I had to hurry up and put these extensions in. My little man is into hair pulling. He pulls his big brother's locs and he keeps pulling at these extensions too! So I may or may not relax soon but I can't wear my hair out. :(

I've either got to rock some wigs or find a style where it doesn't damage my hair if he pulls. Twist/braid extensions aren't it. Maybe crochet or weave because my hair will be braided underneath. I guess I could also do ponytails. But I don't wear my wigs around the house and I'm tired of walking around in scarves. It's bad enough I walk around with spit up stained sweats/yoga gear. Lol!

Man, I've already given up my beloved hoop earrings!!
My son is 4 years old and still manages to pull my hair. lol I understand your look/attire! lol I don't care at this point! I'll look good when I go out. I got some cute scarves and some cute studs. do you wrap the scarves in a style?
I thought about what you told me, about putting my hair away. You probably braid better than me and your hair is longer. Can you put in a few braids, and wear it in a bun?

Oh you got your hair up already!

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
If you feel bald headed, I REALLY feel bald headed lol. I've just been wearing two braids pinned back.