Relaxed Hair Thread

Evolving78

Coming out of "lurk status" to comment :). I am high porosity. I moisturize and seal almost every day, because if I don't, my hair will snap....been there, done that. ...don't won't to lose my hair again. I wear my hair in a braid, ponytail, or up-do almost every day.

I really like the KeraCare detangler. I started using it because of the reviews and comments on LHCF.
I had that detangler and it didn’t work for me. I have the Design Essential HCO spray and that doesn’t work for me either.. It’s A 10 and Creme Of Nature seems to do really well for my hair. I don’t know if I will try anything else out there right now. I need to stick to what works.

Evolving78

Oh ladies I’m always honest and straight up with you all, so I went and got some CON Argan Oil no lye in regular.. yes, I went and got a box relaxer! Lol I was about to grab Mizani, but I really like CON Argan Oil. My hair got straight! Yes I still have a tiny bit of wave, and more wave in the crown. I’m repairing my crown, so I didn’t wanna take the risk of over processing. I pre parted my hair and twisted the sections. That made it a lot easier and quicker to go through all of my hair. My hair doesn’t feel hard, or stiff.
I coated my previously relaxed hair with. petroleum jelly. I used the Aphogee 2 min after I neutralized 4-5 Times, and used a moisturizing shampoo. I will do a protein treatment next week. If I don’t put a bunch of products in my hair, I will just cowash, if I need to rehydrate my hair.

I tension dried my hair on medium heat after allowing it to air dry mostly. I will flat iron today.

My hair felt better using that no lye. I was driving around and was going to go to a stylist, but I said screw it, I’m going rogue! Lol I had no burning, no scalp issues.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I have been working my DD’s hair, so I ended up just bunning my hair with a clip. I may cowash, or wash tomorrow.. I have homework and laundry to do.. it is nice having straight roots.. I’m going to make sure the new growth that comes in is healthy and hydrated from the inside.

LushLox

I have been working my DD’s hair, so I ended up just bunning my hair with a clip. I may cowash, or wash tomorrow.. I have homework and laundry to do.. it is nice having straight roots.. I’m going to make sure the new growth that comes in is healthy and hydrated from the inside.

I remember the days of doing my daughter's hair - I'm glad it's over! :lol: But now my son is saying that he wants to grow his hair, that's great but guess who will have to maintain and cornrow it. :look:

Evolving78

I remember the days of doing my daughter's hair - I'm glad it's over! :lol: But now my son is saying that he wants to grow his hair, that's great but guess who will have to maintain and cornrow it. :look:
I have boys and still have to play barber shop with them.. I have to cut my baby’s hair this week.. that’s like going to war! Lol

LushLox

I’m going to stretch a bit further to at least 12 weeks which isn’t bad considering I was under-processed. From there I’ll relax in 16 weeks cycles.

And I’ve decided to use mild relaxers only from now on because regular strength isn’t helping me in the long run.

Evolving78

I’m going to stretch a bit further to at least 12 weeks which isn’t bad considering I was under-processed. From there I’ll relax in 16 weeks cycles.

And I’ve decided to use mild relaxers only from now on because regular strength isn’t helping me in the long run.
Why are you switching to mild?
Is the break down processing time of regular too fast for you?

Evolving78

No prepoo, no oil treatment. I had enough product in my hair, so I just decided to use Aphogee deep moisture shampoo, then second wash with it’s a 10 shampoo. Now I’m dc’ed for 15 mins with the 10 mask. I will use the rinse out conditioner. Then proceed to leave-in and detangle.
Nothing special will be done to my hair.

LushLox

Why are you switching to mild?
Is the break down processing time of regular too fast for you?

When processed ‘properly’ the regular relaxes my hair straight, a bit too straight really. I’ve noted that Affirm regular is quite strong, obviously everyone’s hair is different but I don’t want to take any risks. I would rather be under processed than be relaxed bone straight. I’m just aiming for a straight finish although I’m prepared for it to not take that well in the back where my hair is the most resistant

Evolving78

I washed and dc’ed my hair yesterday, but didn’t feel that great to finish, so I rinsed out the dc this morning, used a rinse out conditioner, detangled, and now I’m sitting under the dry to finish drying my hair. I will do a protein treatment next wash day.

MzSwift

I couldn't take the crochet style anymore. Not being able to get to my scalp for that long after having been in extensions for 6 weeks was just way too much. So now I'm sitting here in mini braids, no extensions, that I keep bunned on top of my head. At least if LO pulls one, it's many hairs braided together instead of loose, fine strands.

Felt so good to feel water on my scalp again.