Relaxed Hair Thread

LushLox

I’ve forgotten the weeks at this point but I’m going to continue my stretch. I’m just going to play it by ear and assess week by week.

My bad @shortdub78 :lol: When are you touching up!

MzSwift

Beach trip in two days!! Only semi excited because we've finally got little one making progress on sleeping through the night. I'm hoping this doesn't set us back...The positive is that I'm in these mini braids so that I don't have to worry about my hair. I'll be relaxing in a couple of weeks. It's been more than 6 months! I'm well overdue.

Still thinking about ways to wear my hair out and still retain. Going to YouTube for inspiration.

quirkydimples

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
http://[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/ie475l.jpg[/IMG]

My bad yall for taking so long.

I have a short video too but my ipad wont let me be great
Ooh so pretty! You are 100% MBL! Looks so long.

Also a pretty color you were wearing! I love that color.

LushLox

@LushLox
Did you get the Mane Choice stuff yet? Since you didn’t relax, you owe me some kind of news! Lol I’m like a kid at your birthday waiting for you to open your gifts! The suspense is killing me!

I only got the pre poo and the masque. I love the pre poo, it's very moisturising as you said. The masque is just okay, but I've used better so I wouldn't repurchase.

This needs to be a lesson to stop jumping on the latest and greatest thing.

Evolving78

I only got the pre poo and the masque. I love the pre poo, it's very moisturising as you said. The masque is just okay, but I've used better so I wouldn't repurchase.

This needs to be a lesson to stop jumping on the latest and greatest thing.
It’s the packaging! Lol did you see that YouTube ad? That got me too! I haven’t tried anything else. I thought about getting the moisturizer, but I already have a cream moisturizer that’s fine. I don’t even use it.. I know you said you would be bunning, so I wanted to know if you got it.

Evolving78

I have been using this oil called Wild growth castor oil to finger detangle and leave it in my hair under a plastic cap for a few minutes before I wash. I wonder if that is causing my hair to shed more? But here is the funny part, the bottle says to use it on your scalp only! I know... smh so yeah, I will just use Avocado oil to finger detangle for now on..

LushLox

It’s the packaging! Lol did you see that YouTube ad? That got me too! I haven’t tried anything else. I thought about getting the moisturizer, but I already have a cream moisturizer that’s fine. I don’t even use it.. I know you said you would be bunning, so I wanted to know if you got it.

Yeah I'm a sucker for packaging and that was calling me. I'll use it up or mix the mask with other conditioners.

Yeah I've bunned all week and will continue to do so until I touch up. :yep:

Evolving78

I got my shower filter replacement.. I think I bought the filter in Aug.. that water is no joke! I could feel my hair changing again (getting dry and tangling) and not getting a good lather when showering. When I wash my hair again, I will use my hard water shampoo to remove the any buildup.

I got a lot of new growth, so I’m just going with the flow and when my hair starts acting up, I will relax.. I will be using CON Argan Oil again.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have been wearing wigs since it's gotten cold outside. I spray my scalp and hair with my APB leave-in, squeeze bottle of X21, and, APB Hurry Up &Grow oil, (I gotta find something on the ground until I purchase more), then I spray my du-ray with the leave in. I take those suckers off as soon as I get home, and I wait until the last minute to put them on. When I'm at home, I just wear my raggedy arse braids :lol:

MzSwift

I have been wearing wigs since it's gotten cold outside. I spray my scalp and hair with my APB leave-in, squeeze bottle of X21, and, APB Hurry Up &Grow oil, (I gotta find something on the ground until I purchase more), then I spray my du-ray with the leave in. I take those suckers off as soon as I get home, and I wait until the last minute to put them on. When I'm at home, I just wear my raggedy arse braids :lol:

KUTGW! That's exactly how I retained from SL to MBL. Except that I had to keep my skull cap on around the house because I have serious HIH syndrome. Lol.

I'm returning back to wigs as my primary PS and I think I'm going to try ponytails (attachments) too.

Lymegreen

I cut my hair Friday because my ends needed trimming. I watched a YouTube video as a guide. Added layers so I’m not sure if it’s a bob any more but it’s not too bad.

I’ll wait for my next touch up to try to gong a professional to fix it up.

I’m ready for a new style anyway