Relaxed Hair Thread

LushLox

I’ve got some breakage in my nape also, it’s not too bad, I think I’ve noticed before it became a big problem. I know it’s because I’ve worn ponytails and they’ve obviously been too tight, but I’ll be cutting that out. I will only wear very loose styles from now on. I’m even going to give flexi rods a break for a while.

I’m going to section that area off and spend time M&S it regularly.

Here’s to looking like a school principal lol.

lalla

So I'm dragging a bit this morning because my little man refuses to nap (20 freaking minutes!!!). So I'm gonna post up a little hair inspo. I need to keep this momentum going. Thank you to all of these ladies who have shared your wonderful progress! :heart:

Some of them show recovery from damaged hair, some show thickening and some show growth. Hope someone else finds it inspirational!

View attachment 428149

View attachment 428157

Length goal!!:drool:

View attachment 428159

View attachment 428161

^^That's gonna be me in a few length checks from now.:cool: I'm claiming it. Lol

Great pics! You have an amazing bone structure :).

MzSwift

So I’ve just realized that for me, natural or relaxed, the best way for me to wear my hair “down” is in mini braids. They’re what help me to retain and they help me stretch longer. They just take FOREVER to put in and take down.

I just rinse those babies in the shower, slather in condish, squeeze out the excess liquid and go about my day flinging my hair around. At night, I can bun or crosswrap them before wrapping in my satin scarf. No detangling to worry about. I also use less product. And my hair smells great, freshly washed!

This loose hair is too much work! Lol. Whenever I straighten my hair, I’m too nervous about using too much product when I M&S so my hair doesn’t feel properly moisturized and it longs for water! I’m also worried about losing length due to my hair rubbing against my clothes. And don’t get me started on detangling!! Even braidouts are too much manipulation.

I think I’ll save loose hair for special occasions when I want to flaunt sexy, long hair. Lol

MzSwift

Texture shot of my hair before I relax it.
Why can’t I upload pictures anymore? :cry3:

My new growth is suffocating my scalp :lachen:

I thought about going back natural, but my nerves can’t handle it. The itchiness is what’s killer *face palm* lol

I know - the picture thing makes me mad sometimes too!
Did you get around to relaxing? After 20 weeks I bet you do have a lot of ng. But that’s a good thing!

Halfway done with these mini braids. Once they’re done, I don’t have to redo them for another 3-4 weeks. So much easier to style, cleanse and condition in these.

Pics please?

I do something similar. I want to see how your mini braids look. I braid about 10 partings and bun almost exclusively. I wash/condish once a week and rebraid those that needs to be and keep it moving.

I do this 10/12 weeks post. I haven't so far because my roots melt with the new deep conditioning regime I started on. I peeped from a the thread is called "Moisture Drenched DC"

MzSwift

How small are they? Any pics to share?

Pics please?

I do something similar. I want to see how your mini braids look. I braid about 10 partings and bun almost exclusively. I wash/condish once a week and rebraid those that needs to be and keep it moving.

I do this 10/12 weeks post. I haven't so far because my roots melt with the new deep conditioning regime I started on. I peeped from a the thread is called "Moisture Drenched DC"

This is my first time multi quoting, hope this works! Just took this real quick.
I ended up only braiding the first inch or so and twisting the rest. I’m hoping it makes for an easier takedown.

sweetiep

I'm dropping my weekly honey/castor oil treatment for the rest of this stretch. I'll stick to cowashing more often like I used to.

I found more of my hair notes from 2011. It's amazing how I used to be so into my haircare. No wonder my hair blossomed! I never got tired or lazy. Taking care of my hair was like brushing my teeth or taking a bath - just a regular part of my daily routine.

I hate it took losing half my hair to realize this. Learn from my mistake ladies! Don't get lazy!!!!

What does your hair look like now? All the pics I’ve seen of your hair looks great! Did you lose a lot? Sorry, this thread is so long, I know I didn’t read everything.

MzSwift

For those of you using Henna, how often are you using it?

I actually add henna and a few other powders to a conditioner and I use that mix daily as a leave in condish or a cowash. Sometimes I use it to M&S at night before wrapping my hair up. For me, it’s the easiest way to incorporate ayurveda. I still see the benefits of the powders this way. Also, it’s less messy and drying than when I used to do straight henna masks/tx. I hope this makes sense!

Last edited: