Relaxed Hair Thread

MzSwift

Finally. I knew it'd make it work

Mine are gigantic in comparison. Yours look so professional and a true protective style. How long do you keep them in?

Thanks, sis. I can usually keep them in for months at a time. I just start redoing them one-by-one around week 3 or 4 depending on how they’re looking. Lol

@MzSwift

I see them now. Thanks for reposting. That definitely took you a while and it is so neatly done. It lasts weeks right? I might have to try this instead of adding extensions to give my edges a break.

Yes, this is one of the big reasons I started doing them without extentions. That and the ability to rinse, cleanse and condition them more often. I feel like I’m better able to care for my hair. I grew my hair from 4” to WL alternating these with wigs/cornrows!

sweetiep

I actually add henna and a few other powders to a conditioner and I use that mix daily as a leave in condish or a cowash. Sometimes I use it to M&S at night before wrapping my hair up. For me, it’s the easiest way to incorporate ayurveda. I still see the benefits of the powders this way. Also, it’s less messy and drying than when I used to do straight henna masks/tx. I hope this makes sense!
Yes, makes total sense. I have so much gray I definitely need it for color.

sweetiep

I lost a ton of hair, but it's on the mend! :)

My avatar pic is from January and after the damage. I'm posting monthly pics in my Fotki so I can document my journey back to hair health. :yep:

Oh ok, I get you! I’m a little nervous about mine since I went through the transitioning and all to end up relaxing again. Hopefully, I can stay on the straight and narrow and keep the hair on my head. That’s why I’m in this thread taking all the advice I can get from you ladies. I think it was you who are using Nexxus Humectress right? I picked up some the other day and I love it! Love the smell and the softness I get from it.

Bad&Bougee

I was reading through the posts and saw someone mention doing a protein treatment on dry hair but can't find the OP. OP, I would like to know what product do you use and what is the benefit/result of protein on dry hair vs wet hair? It is an interesting concept that I think I might explore. Any info is greatly appreciated.

MzSwift

I was reading through the posts and saw someone mention doing a protein treatment on dry hair but can't find the OP. OP, I would like to know what product do you use and what is the benefit/result of protein on dry hair vs wet hair? It is an interesting concept that I think I might explore. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I wonder if it might’ve been @LushLox when she posted her barbie doll hair. I think that was in her regi.

sunnieb

That might've been me! :)

I use Nexxus Emergencee mixed with a dab of honey. I let it sit for about 45 minutes then clarify and end with Nexxus Therrappe shampoo.

The benefit for my hair is that it doesn't feel as rough after air drying.

Some ladies follow with an additional dc after shampooing, but I don't.

abioni

Would you please post a link to the Moisture Drenched DC thread. I search and I couldn't find it.

Pics please?

I do something similar. I want to see how your mini braids look. I braid about 10 partings and bun almost exclusively. I wash/condish once a week and rebraid those that needs to be and keep it moving.

I do this 10/12 weeks post. I haven't so far because my roots melt with the new deep conditioning regime I started on. I peeped from a the thread is called "Moisture Drenched DC"

LushLox

Bad&Bougee

That might've been me! :)

I use Nexxus Emergencee mixed with a dab of honey. I let it sit for about 45 minutes then clarify and end with Nexxus Therrappe shampoo.

The benefit for my hair is that it doesn't feel as rough after air drying.

Some ladies follow with an additional dc after shampooing, but I don't.

Thank you for the response @sunnieb. Have you used any other protein treatments besides Emergencee on dry hair? Emergencee and I DO NOT get along but I do like the idea of a protein treatment on dry hair. And I have always been curious about the Therrappe Shampoo - I just might stop staring at it every time I go the BS and actually buy it on my next visit.

sunnieb

Thank you for the response @sunnieb. Have you used any other protein treatments besides Emergencee on dry hair? Emergencee and I DO NOT get along but I do like the idea of a protein treatment on dry hair. And I have always been curious about the Therrappe Shampoo - I just might stop staring at it every time I go the BS and actually buy it on my next visit.

The only reason I switched to Emergencee is because Motions screwed with my Motions CPR. I'm still mad about that! It used to be so thick, now it's just a watered down liquidity goop!

Bad&Bougee

The only reason I switched to Emergencee is because Motions screwed with my Motions CPR. I'm still mad about that! It used to be so thick, now it's just a watered down liquidity goop!

I can't even find Motions CPR. I used to love that stuff! I mostly use Aphogee's 2 step or Giovanni's Nutrifix Hair Reconstructor - I will try Giovanni and see what happens. Thank you, ma'am.

sunnieb

I can't even find Motions CPR. I used to love that stuff! I mostly use Aphogee's 2 step or Giovanni's Nutrifix Hair Reconstructor - I will try Giovanni and see what happens. Thank you, ma'am.

I know! It was everywhere then nowhere!

I got so happy to find some on Amazon. My joy was stolen when the 'new and improved' formula arrived. I tried it and may as well have just used tap water. No penetration just slid off my strands. If they ever go back to the original formula, I'll dump Emergencee immediately!

MzSwift

OK, I thought it was just me! CPR has been my staple since the early 2000’s. I ran out last year and couldn’t find it anymore. I’ve tried Joico k-pak reconstructor for the past year or so and it’s been a little stronger protein than I would like.

Bad&Bougee

OK, I thought it was just me! CPR has been my staple since the early 2000’s. I ran out last year and couldn’t find it anymore. I’ve tried Joico k-pak reconstructor for the past year or so and it’s been a little stronger protein than I would like.[/QUOTE

No ma'am. You are not the only one. Companies get on my nerves when they just stop manufacturing products that we love.

I don't know how I keep forgetting about Joico! I have been wanting to try it for years. I need to put it in one of my online carts to help me remember to purchase it. I will use that instead of Giovanni. My hair will definitely need it when I remove these box braids.

LushLox

Very pretty set @sweetiep

I have a Caruso setter. Although I think the heating element in it had stopped working which I'm quite upset about so I'll have to stump up the money for a new setter. At least this way I'll have a decent amount of rollers. There is a real art to using the caruso's though, you can't keep the roller on the setter for too long as it just results in limp curls.

They'll be some big threads on here, have search for tips.

klsjackson

Hello Ladies!! I am currently 12 weeks post. This is the longest I have ever stretched. I had considered going natural (straight natural) but I don't like flat ironing my hair weekly. It has done very well, but I am just hesitant to use flat irons so frequently. I am debating on whether or not I should relax this weekend or stretch a few more weeks. Any ladies flatiron during your stretch? If so how do you maintain the health of your hair? Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions. I am at Arm pit grazing BSL. My goal is full BSL by the end of the year.