Relaxed Hair Thread

LushLox

Completed K18 #5 today - x1 more Treatment to go! :headspin:

However, I may extend it to x8 Treatments instead of the x6 and then go monthly:look:

So, I'll do x8 and use it monthly after that.

Wow you like it then! :lol:

I went back to normal conditioning after week 6. Strangely I missed the conditioning even if it does take longer!

But K18 is a staple for me and I will use it every month now.

sunnieb

Cowashed with Garnier Fructis Grow Strong tonight. It's the one with Biotin added. I think I accidentally bought this. It says it's for fine hair and that's NOT what my hair is at all! I normally stick to conditioner meant for thick, dry hair.

However, I'm glad I tried it. It. Smells wonderful and it gave my 15 weeks of newgrowth some amazing slip. Definitely a keeper!

0603084078561_1.jpg

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Your hair looks so smooth and silky! Very pretty! And I see you, LENGTH!

I'm sorry they were rough though.

Ppl act like our hair needs all of that in order to be styled. :rolleyes:
Thank you Swifty! I think it's because I went to some new people because I was on a time crunch. I noticed some short pieces at the top by my part, but I'm not worried about it. It'll be healed before I know it.

sunnieb

@MzSwift somehow I missed your pics! Your hair is beautiful and grows FAST! Congratulations!

Guess I'll post my relaxer pics in this thread too! I posted them in other threads, but forgot about this one. I relaxed last Saturday.

16 weeks post right before relaxing:
20231104_175545.jpg

1 day post after relaxer and trim:
20231105_174307.jpg

I didn't make it to APL this year, but my hair is growing and healthy. I'm going to keep bunning and retaining my way to WL and beyond... no matter how long it takes. I can be patient.

sunnieb

As much as I love relaxing, I really don't like my hair this straight. :look:

Clips and hair pins slide out. I can't get it to curl like I want. It's floppy. That's why I pretty much relax, take my length pic, and swirl it back up in a bun.

I'll wait to wear my hair down a few times when I'm around 6-8 weeks post. That's when my hair gets fun!

MzSwift

@sunnieb

Yes! I hate when my hair is flat ironed. It's so silky it won't even stay in a ponytail! It's so annoying! I've come to value my blowouts a lot more. But for real length checks, I have to have it flat ironed and then I have no idea what to do with it after that. I usually put it up into a top knot bun for a week and then install mini braids on straight hair. smh

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@MzSwift would you believe in sitting here with a top knot bun as I type this??? I'm going to sleep with it and wear it to run my errands tomorrow.

@ItsMeLilLucky if I learn to have some patience, I'll get braids too! But, the ladies I know with the style I like keep warning me about the time it takes to do. They are beautiful though!
Finding a great braider is like a needle in a haystack. They either charging rent and mortgage payments, doing any ol' type of thing, secretly cutting your hair in the name of "cleaning up your braids", they scamming, don't care about healthy hair care practices, etc. I just stick to doing my own hair, with no added weave. I don't mean to be all gloom and doom, but I hope you find a great braider if you go that route.

MzSwift

The left back quadrant of my hair is suffering a setback while all the other sections are flourishing. I need to figure out the culprit before my whole head becomes affected.
Uh oh! Time to brainstorm! :brainy:

Is that the side that you sleep on?
Is that where you knot your scarf?
Do you absentmindedly stroke your hair there?
Purse strap or seat belt get caught there?
Do you rub less of your product onto that area?

lindseyerinc

Is there more tension or friction on that side?
Uh oh! Time to brainstorm! :brainy:

Is that the side that you sleep on?
Is that where you knot your scarf?
Do you absentmindedly stroke your hair there?
Purse strap or seat belt get caught there?
Do you rub less of your product onto that area?
Work has been a bit stressful and I’ve definitely had my hand back there messing around. Thank you! It would’ve taken me too long to connect the dots if not for you ladies