Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Aggie

11 weeks post today with 2 more to go but my hair feels so good that I think I'll revise the stretch and take it to 18 weeks. So with that said, I have 7 more weeks to go now :yep:.

Today I used the Joico 17 Minute Miracle Hair Repair Kit and let me tell you, that stuff is the bizniz.net and it's because of this treatment today, I feel like I can stretch longer. I will continue to use it for the next few weeks to keep my hair controlled and well kept.

quirkydimples

I have somehow managed to lose track of my last relaxer. Judging by my newgrowth I would estimate it's been 4-5 weeks. I've got a trip to Europe coming up at the end of June (for a wedding), so I'm trying to decide if I should touch up now so I can do another before I go or wait and touch up a week or so before leaving. I have a bob.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I got a relaxer on the 20th. I'm still thinking about going natural later this year, and I'm still not sure, but I'm OK now.

Fotchygirl

2 weeks post, 14 more weeks to go. I feel that 16 weeks gives me good growth. I just need to be more diligent with my ends this time around.

SugarSweetCoco**

Hello all!
I'm a long-term lurker who has finally joined... I'm currently 8 weeks post and trying to go another 12 weeks just before my first ever holiday to the States! :clap::clap:

My hair snapshot.. Texlaxed to 3c/4a curls with my Vitale No Base Anti Breakage with Shea Butter Normal (Lye) as I couldn't find the beloved Lineage in the UK. Fine strands. Medium density. Still unsure on my porosity but seems to be on the medium to low side.

Glad to be part of the LHCF family!!:circle:

Evolving78

Hello all!
I'm a long-term lurker who has finally joined... I'm currently 8 weeks post and trying to go another 12 weeks just before my first ever holiday to the States! :clap::clap:

My hair snapshot.. Texlaxed to 3c/4a curls with my Vitale No Base Anti Breakage with Shea Butter Normal (Lye) as I couldn't find the beloved Lineage in the UK. Fine strands. Medium density. Still unsure on my porosity but seems to be on the medium to low side.

Glad to be part of the LHCF family!!:circle:
Welcome! I hope you have a good time when you get here!

Rozlewis

Is that where we are??? I'd lost count!

I don't know if I can make it 6 more weeks like you, but I'll see. I shampoo/dc'd last night and it looks pretty good today. We'll see......

@sunnieb

We got this. You can do it. I am at the point where I have to cowash in the middle of the week to combat dryness.

demlew

I'm 9 weeks post and I'm not sure when I'm going to relax. It would usually be now, but I used the Keracare Thermal Wonder line today and my hair feels awesome! The NG laid down - even in the quadrant that usually becomes matted/tangled. PLUS my hair had so much movement!

Evolving78

I'm 9 weeks post and I'm not sure when I'm going to relax. It would usually be now, but I used the Keracare Thermal Wonder line today and my hair feels awesome! The NG laid down - even in the quadrant that usually becomes matted/tangled. PLUS my hair had so much movement!
Where did you get that from? So it helps easy the detangle process and provides natural hair more moisture doing the heat styling process? This won't work for me since, I wash my hair twice a week. A texture system would work better if I wanted to stretch my relaxer

Last edited:

demlew

Where did you get that from? So it helps easy the detangle process and provides natural hair more moisture doing the heat styling process? This won't work for me since, I wash my hair twice a week. A texture system would work better if I wanted to stretch my relaxer

I bought it at Sally's. It's a pre-poo conditioner, shampoo, and heat protectant. My hair had movement though I only did a light blow dry and didn't flat iron.

Evolving78

I bought it at Sally's. It's a pre-poo conditioner, shampoo, and heat protectant. My hair had movement though I only did a light blow dry and didn't flat iron.
I read that your hair will revert back with sweating. It's not like a TMS that lasts for 4-6 week.
Will you have to do the pre poo treatment, shampoo, and conditioner each time you wash?

ClassyJSP

I honestly can't even remember the last time I got a relaxer and judging from my new growth it's been awhile. Booking my appointment for first thing this saturday

demlew

I read that your hair will revert back with sweating. It's not like a TMS that lasts for 4-6 week.
Will you have to do the pre poo treatment, shampoo, and conditioner each time you wash?

My hair is already relaxed, so I won't need to use it in the same way as naturals who want to maintain a straightened look (they'd probably have to use it every time for best results). For me, it's just a good line to manage new growth. I already pre-poo and use a heat protectant, so it didn't add steps to my process.

Evolving78

My hair is already relaxed, so I won't need to use it in the same way as naturals who want to maintain a straightened look (they'd probably have to use it every time for best results). For me, it's just a good line to manage new growth. I already pre-poo and use a heat protectant, so it didn't add steps to my process.
I guess I shouldn't have used the term natural, but that's who it is marketed towards. I got that from their website. What I was trying to find out is this a product that keeps the hair straight (new growth) like a texture management system, or does it just help with heat styling? I'm relaxed too.

demlew

I guess I shouldn't have used the term natural, but that's who it is marketed towards. I got that from their website. What I was trying to find out is this a product that keeps the hair straight (new growth) like a texture management system, or does it just help with heat styling? I'm relaxed too.

I'm sorry I may not be much help. I've only used it once and that was yesterday. I can tell u that my new growth is still soft and fairly straight, considering I didn't do a full-blown blow dry and also didn't flat iron. I'm not sure how long it'll last.

Evolving78

I'm sorry I may not be much help. I've only used it once and that was yesterday. I can tell u that my new growth is still soft and fairly straight, considering I didn't do a full-blown blow dry and also didn't flat iron. I'm not sure how long it'll last.
Let me know how it works out!

Rozlewis

I will be 11 weeks post on tomorrow. I planned to stretch to 16 weeks but I might cut this stretch at 12 weeks. My new growth is really thick.