Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

mochalocks

6 weeks post. I might get my next relaxer June 8th. I go to the salon, and my stylist used optimum care relaxer.

Last edited:

TeeSGee

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm currently 6 wks post relaxer and hoping to relax around 16wks post so roughly the 1st wk of august.

Rossy2010

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

5 days post.. I will relax @14 weeks post

TheNDofUO

12 weeks post. Got 4 more left.

D.Lisha

18 weeks post!!
I plan on relaxing this week! I can't go on like this, I'm ready to see MY HAIR! lol.

Hairroots

divachyk what is the art of cowashing? I have a problem with too much hair lose when I cowash.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

@divachyk what is the art of cowashing? I have a problem with too much hair lose when I cowash.
@Hairroots, the best person to answer this is @Nix08. She cowashes daily. I'd be bald if I attempted this.

Are you losing to breakage or shedding?

To me the art is 1) being properly detangled before cowashing 2) not overly agitating the hair to minimize tangles reforming 3) using a conditioner that works for your hair 4) having good leave ins which minimizes the need for excessive combing and detangling.

I was losing a lot to breakage when I first started but I was combing way to much. Now, I ensure I enter the session with nicely detangled hair and that sets the tone for the rest of the session. I also do my best not to comb after cowashing. I'll finger comb by seperating any clumping that may have formed after applying product. Once my hair is about 90% dry, I'm then able to finish finger detangling and two strand twist my hair for the evening and consider it done.

bebezazueta

7 weeks post on tomorrow but it feels like 12! Low mani while I go hard working out has my hair thriving! It's aggravating cause I could have been working on my body rather than my hair from the beginning!

napbella

8 weeks post. Just got senegalese twists, so I will not TU until at least the end of July. I wish I cud last til the end of August but thats just wishful thinking for me--I get bored too easily.

Mische

3 weeks. That awkward stage where you don't really have new growth but your hair no longer lays relaxer fresh. :look:

girl85

2 weeks and 4 days post virgin relaxer. I want to relax at 6 months-1year.

Last edited:

Lynnerie

7 weeks post trying to make it til 12.

cherrynicole

10 weeks as of today. This is a record for me. My hair is a mess! I may try to stretch another 2-3 weeks if I dont kill myself first!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

girl85

Before I knew I was going to transition, I would rollerset and flat iron my roots and this helped me to leave my hair alone. I just styled my hair in the usual roller wrap. I used and still use kera care products which made a significant difference. I tried their products when I reached the 9 month post mark and haven't looked back since.

D.Lisha

Mische said:
3 weeks. That awkward stage where you don't really have new growth but your hair no longer lays relaxer fresh. :look:

Tell me about it!

Sent from my DROID Pro using LHCF

D.Lisha

Hairroots said:
I'm post 10 weeks.

My next hit of hair crack is June 2, 2010. Lol.

I use the product by Design.

I self touch-up or should i say my youngest daughter does it for me!

Hairroots
Your hair is sooo pretty! And that shine?! *faints*

Sent from my DROID Pro using LHCF

KhandiB

Im 5 days post.. I have 15 weeks until my next measure for the MBL in 2013 challenge..Imma TRY :look: and make it to then

Misseyl

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 124 weeks

When is your next touch up? July 7th

What relaxer will you use? Phytorelaxer Index II

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-relax

Hairroots

D.Lisha. Thank you. I'm trying to stretch 3 months. The shine is due to a lot of different oils

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

I lost track, I think I'm 7 weeks.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

Yes @divachyk we're about 7 weeks post:grin:

@Hairroots I do cowash daily and love it. (I also oil rinse with each cowash which is fantastic:yep: @divachyk introduced me to oil rinsing...everyone should at least try it:yep:) When I cowash I do not detangle before - I wet my hair - apply 1 lather of conditioner - rinse - apply oil then conditioner - leave on while I shower - rinse - squeeze out excess water - I then apply leave ins and oil - let my hair hang dry and as it's drying I finger detangle. I do not use a comb until about 6 or 7 weeks post and at that time I only use the comb with a couple passes in the roots only. I am relaxed pretty straight so I think that helps with easy detangling....hth.

Hairroots

Yes @divachyk we're about 7 weeks post:grin:

@Hairroots I do cowash daily and love it. (I also oil rinse with each cowash which is fantastic:yep: @divachyk introduced me to oil rinsing...everyone should at least try it:yep:) When I cowash I do not detangle before - I wet my hair - apply 1 lather of conditioner - rinse - apply oil then conditioner - leave on while I shower - rinse - squeeze out excess water - I then apply leave ins and oil - let my hair hang dry and as it's drying I finger detangle. I do not use a comb until about 6 or 7 weeks post and at that time I only use the comb with a couple passes in the roots only. I am relaxed pretty straight so I think that helps with easy detangling....hth.

Nix08 you make it sound so easy :yep:. I'll give it another try. Maybe i need to use more leave in coditioner after my final rinse. I'll try yours and divachyk techinque. I always give up and go back to washing once weekly because i experience too much hair loss. As the weeks go by it becomes more challenging before my next touch-up. I can't co-wash daily because i love to wear my hair in braidouts. I usually leave them in fo 3 days before i redo them. I'll try cowashing on that 3rd day. Since you co-wash daily, do you wear wash n go? Your hair looks very healthy and pretty. Well we'll see how it works out for me. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

abcd09

3 weeks post after an 8 month stretch thanks to Chicoro prepoo and borax! Back to buns now!

solide

13 weeks..not too sure how long I'll go for my first TU..maybe in another 2 weeks

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

Hairroots no I don't wear wash and goes....I cowash at night...airdry before I go to bed...I will usually do 2 bantu's (side buns) wrap my hair in a satin scarf and go to bed. In the AM I usually bun but the bantu's give me a nice wave pattern so if I choose to wear my hair out, then that makes the style. I initially found cowashing for the crazies...but when back to it a couple times and got into a stride where it really takes no effort at all now...oh and it's a mental thing, it allows me to be in my hair and feel like I'm contributing to it getting it's grow on:giggle:

ellyndee

Hi, I am exactly .2 weeks post relaxer. I was natural for 5 years but I prefer my hair relaxed. I got my virgin hair relaxed November 2011 with Mizani Sensitive and again in February 2012 with Phytospecific I. They are both no-lye which I do not like. I just did Mizani Classic Lye for fine hair this past Tuesday (self-relaxed sort-of). Plan to stretch 12-17 weeks. Will use Motions Mizani again.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Hey hey! All the rest of my linesisters that haven't gone natural yet are saying that they are now! But not me, I'm good. I don't have time for natural! Isn't that a terrible thing to say? :lol: What I would like to do is cut my hair, but I realize that I don't do my hair enough for a cut. I just "trimmed" 2 inches off a few weeks ago. I wouldn't mind taking off another inch or two.