Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Please!

Current state of your hair?

• Relaxed

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Transitioning

Votes: 51 18.9%
  • Texlaxed (or Texturized)?

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Natural

Votes: 97 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

foxxymami

Just getting a consensus from now through the end of the year. Forgive me if I missed a category
:grin:

Edited Just Make Interesting: Also, if you feel like it, post in the thread what your hair type is and:

Relaxed ladies--do you ever see yourself going natural anytime soon?
Natural ladies--do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime soon?
Texturized ladies--will you fully relax anytime soon?
Transitioning ladies--how long do you plan on being natural or texturized?

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

Re: Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Plea

TRANSITIONING YAY!!! --- this is the 2nd time and so far im 3 months now!!--no going back :D

Transitioning ladies--how long do you plan on being natural or texturized?i plan on being natural right now for a long long time. I dont forsee me going back and relaxing. I dont believe i will have any problems with dealing with my own texture of hair. I know whats best for my hair. And really I am afraid of putting any relaxers in my hair because of the years of problems that i had with them--maybe im not the best to keep my own hair--but trying to find a good stylist and actually put my trust in someone elses hands to take care of something i will have worked so very hard at achieving i would be weary and afraid of.

Last edited:

mzcris

Re: Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Plea

Relaxed...

foxxymami

I've been natural for about 1 year and 9 months. I love it just like I imagined I would (I always thought about "going" natural). I foresee being natural for a long time :)

ShaniKeys

I'm natural. Thanks to LHCF and other natural hair sites I've learned how to properly take care of my natural hair so I don't think I'll ever relax again.

Blackrican

Do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime soon?

NOPE. With all of these weaves, wigs, braids, etc - why would I need to? I am learning to deal with my hair day by day, and with a little more patience, and knowledge about my hair texture, I really don't need it straight. I am sooooooooo tired of trying to conform to this european ideal of beauty...it's time they conform to African beauty.

bLackButtaFly

Natural.

I don't see myself relaxing anytime soon. I could see when I have things on my plate, family, more career stuff, yada yada deciding to texlax so I can care for my hair more easily, but that won't be for awhile.

Empress Yahudah

Im Relaxed...
Ive been natural and relaxed off and on I'm fine with either or ... but right now Im realy enjoying my relaxed hair

Misseyl

Nope, I don't see myself going natural anytime soom. My hair is just easier to mange this way.

foxxymami

How this thread get 63 views and only 13 votes? :lol: It only take a second to select and hit Submit :grin:

Cichelle

Natural.

I don't see myself going back to using relaxers.

BotanyGrl

Relaxed. Thought about going natural, but now that I know how to take care of my relaxed hair, I plan on staying this way for a while.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!

Currently transitioning to natural. Been in the game for 8 months now. I'll probably transition for 2 years or so and just cut off one inch of relaxed hair at a time.

blsn27

Relaxed and finally learning how to take proper care of my hair. I don't foresee myself going natural anytime soon.

ChoKitty

Transitioning, and hopefully I won't give up this time. I just wish I knew how to handle the back of my head now. I'm just over three months in. I'll trim an inch or so at a time until natural hair is about chin length, then cut the rest off if it isn't alreay gone. I can't stand having hair short, and chin is the shortest I could deal with...

paco43

I'm natural and I don't ever see myself relaxing my hair again. I have spent a few years doing it but my usual was the press and curl. I don't even see myself doing heat now, since I've learned so much from LHCF.

As of right now, no relaxers for me.
We'll see once my hair grows back out.

sweetcashew

Transitioning.

14.5 weeks in with a boat load of new growth. So far it's been pretty easy.

MiWay

I'm relaxed, but I'm thinking about transitioning. I'm 11 weeks post, so I'll see how long I can last.

SEMO

I'm a 4a and plan on being natural for the rest of my life.

gradygirl

Natural. I cant see myself going back to relaxing because I am really starting to enjoy my natural hair especially as it gets longer. If I want it straight I just whip out the hotcomb and flat iron I really feel like I have the best of both worlds because I can go curly or straight :yep:.

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL

I'm 43 weeks post or 10 months into my transition to natural. It has been pretty easy due to my sew-in's or braids (kinky twist). But now I'm thinking about texlaxing once I get to my desired length, whatever that is.

prospurr4

I'm texlaxed and love it. I was natural until the age of 20, so I am familiar with my natural hair. I much prefer texlaxed and don't forsee ever going back to natural.

Ebony Majesty

I'm transitioning, and I don't have any reason to relax anymore

Gisselle

I'm texlaxed and loving it!

foxxymami

Eh! Nevermind, this thread can be closed....someone went and found an older thread and bumped it to the top so clearly this thread is useless :lol:

ETA: Even tho I wanted a 'snapshot' of a 30 day period from now til 12/31/07

nappity

Natural- On some rough days I consider- Tex-laxing then i remember- My hir- color and relaxer don't mix. I'm loving it natural

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

I'm natural, but I'm going to relax in the future when I reach my hair goal. I don't think I will ever transition again after this.