Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Please!

Current state of your hair?

• Relaxed

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Transitioning

Votes: 51 18.9%
  • Texlaxed (or Texturized)?

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Natural

Votes: 97 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FineChyna

Re: Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Plea

Just getting a consensus from now through the end of the year. Forgive me if I missed a category
:grin:

Edited Just Make Interesting: Also, if you feel like it, post in the thread what your hair type is and:

Natural ladies--do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime ?
i am natural now and i am looking around for a chemical to loosen up my texture since i am getting a lot of tangles and so forth because i am having problems with my hair in its natural state

i feel guilty about but whats the point in keeping my hair natural when i cannot take care of it like it needs to be?

i didn't want to relax it straight but i just wanted a texturizer. maybe that will make my hair easier to manage

keluric

Re: Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Plea

Never relaxed. Never will.

aziza

I am natural now. In the last 3 years, I have gone from Relaxed-natural-texturized-relaxed-natural.

prettypuff1

Relaxed ladies--do you ever see yourself going natural anytime soon?
I can;t say a firm yes or no.. I have been natural before but i dont know that i want to take the time to transition or wait until i have a large afro puff... I like wearing my hair relaxed....

DarkAngell

Transitioning. 10 months post!

How long do i plan on being natural?

Hopefully the rest of my life! lol
Of course its hard to tell now because im not fully natural yet but so far my plan is to remain natural. Relaxer had my hair falling out. But if i decided to take the plunge ...id probably 1st texlax.

fluffylocks

Transitioning!!!

I plan to stay Natural forever after im done. This is going to take so long though. :sad: 4 years for 24"/BSL, probally another year or two for BSL depending on my shrinkage unstretched. The earlier i start the better though.

I did one of these polls
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=149243

MariposaSexyGirl

I'm relaxed. Don't plan on being natural any time soon because I already have two natural heads to do. I like my natural texture but relaxing is alot easier for me to manage right now.

mochatrini

I am relaxed and its easier for me to handle on a day to day basis. I have 4a/4b? fine texture right now I am short n sassy, but gunning for shoulder length by next year this time:grin:

KinksnCurlz

Another transitioner checking in...

I plan on being natural forever and a day! lol Seriously though, I have no intention on relaxing again.

SpyCats

Natural for 14 years with NO plans of relaxing.

wheezy807

I'm 4a relaxed.

Relaxed ladies--do you ever see yourself going natural anytime soon?

Well not anytime soon, but i have been very intrigued by natural hair lately.

Babydall818

I believe I am Texlaxed. :rolleyes: I like it this way I can just wear my hair curly or just straighten it out without blow drying etc. Manageable

It works for me for now.... who knows if my hair growth decides to stop on me; I prob will go natural.

I really don't know what transitioning is.. like how it's done... about to go research that : )

I

MsCounsel

Relaxed - Now that I know HOW to CORRECTLY relax my hair - I'm thrilled. :grin: I don't EVER see myself going natural. My hair does not like it at all.

InnerSoul

I am transitioning to texlax as I will only be relaxing every 6 months now and only leaving the relaxer in for a much lesser time to avoid that bone straight result!:yep:

therefore, I voted for texlaxed.

Whimsy

I'm transitioning from texlaxed to natural.

Ntrlmystik

As of yesterday, I am freshly texlaxed. May go natural again, may get a full on relaxer sometime, may just be bald for a few years...it all depends on how I will feel at a certain time and I'll never know until I get there!

inthepink

Hi there,

I've been natural for 2.5 years now. I transitioned for 18 months. My hair type is 3b/3c.

Sometimes I get frustrated with natural hair (reversion sucks) and consider relaxing again but then I realize that there are just as many frustrations with relaxed hair as there are with natural hair. So, I'm just learning more and more about how to care for my natural hair with each day!

Babydall818

When you transition from a perm...do you like grow out your hair until the two txtures break or whatever and then you do the "bc- big chop" right?

:perplexed

Andreainnis

There needs to be a category for those of us that don't know WHAT in the heck we are doing right now:lachen:.

I haven't relaxed since February. I didn't really plan on stretching this long. Don't know if I wanna be naural, or relaxed. I have seriously been thinking about texlaxing...but I am afraid that I might screw it up.:ohwell:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Yah, where's THAT category! I'm in a stretch that went longer than planned and I'm falling in love with my natural texture, plus it's not that hard to deal with (thanks to LHCF:love:) But I'm still on the fence about transitioning. I love straight hair and Phyto is a dream of a relaxer:yep: Oh what to do what to do!?!?:wallbash:, I wish someone could just make the decision for me and I would do what I'm told!:poke:

Andreainnis

When you transition from a perm...do you like grow out your hair until the two txtures break or whatever and then you do the "bc- big chop" right?

:perplexed

I think the mission is to not suffer any breakage by really conditioning and taking care that the line of demarcation (where relaxed hair and natural hair meet) is strong. You can chop whenever you choose during your transition.IMHO:look:

BeetleBug

I think I am going to transition to natural. I just love my curlies. I'm 12 weeks post right now and I plan on cutting my hair till have enough of my natural hair to make a decent puff.

luv04

Natural.
No I would never relax again.

Moroni

I'm relaxed for now, and I'm considering transitioning to texlaxed for thickness. My daughter's natural hair is sooooo beautiful, and if I had her 3c/4a texture, I'd go natural yesterday. My NG gets UGLY tangled, though, and I know I don't want to deal with that every day, and with my fine hair, I'd end up bald......so, I'm never going natural.

justNikki

natural and planning to stay this way

stinastina

I'm natural and never relaxing again. Thanks to LHCF for helping me learn to manage and enjoy my hair ! :clapping:

tocktick

i'm really surprised there are a little more naturals on the board. who would've known?!

anyway, i'm happily natural and i have no plans to relax. although i will admit to thinking about it 3 months ago whilst in braids.

but when i took my braids out, my hair had 3 months of serious growth and is creeping out of the awkward stage. :drunk: so now i have no plans to relax again. they damaged my hair badly in the past anyway.

i now have healthy, uber thick hair. my hair has never been in this kind of condition since early childhood (before i relaxed, which was about 6 years old).

Last edited: