Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Please!

Current state of your hair?

• Relaxed

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Transitioning

Votes: 51 18.9%
  • Texlaxed (or Texturized)?

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Natural

Votes: 97 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Muffin*

Re: Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Plea

I'm relaxed. I do it because it's easier to manage my hair that way. I like the natural texture of my hair, but I like my relaxed hair better.

Gryphyn

Re: Relaxed, Transitioning, Texlaxed, or Natural...What are you currently? Vote Plea

I'm natural and my hair is finally cooperating consistently after almost 3 years.

Bigghair

I am natural and won't ever relax again.:yep:

tinkat

Natural and I have no intention on getting a relaxer EVER again!

lovelymissyoli

I'm a 4a texturized (not texlaxed) head as of 10/18. However, I've been toying with the idea of switching to texlaxed after looking at ScorpioCutie's (sp?) album. I need to read up on doing correctives so we'll see how that turns out.

LovelyZ

I am texlaxed and I've almost reached my final hair goal. I have no idea what I'll do once I'm at MBL. I know I would never fully relax. I already stretch so I might transition...or maybe I'll try for waistlength...i'm not sure...actually i might cut my hair to the middle of my neck and start all over.

LunadeMiel

I'm transitioning, I have no intention nor do I have any desire to relax. My scalp is so much healthier..:yep: (that was the main point of me going natural anyways)

PaperClip

Another au natural here!

After 30 years of relaxing (under age 10), I began my hair transition in September 2005. Cut off relaxed ends in July 2006. I have textbook 4a hair, fine, thin, dense. I have no plans to relax my hair again in this lifetime.

I just took down twist extensions Monday. Plan on my first natural blow-out for my birthday (Jan. 1). Then will go back into braids/twist extensions until spring....

There needs to be a category for those of us that don't know WHAT in the heck we are doing right now:lachen:.

I haven't relaxed since February. I didn't really plan on stretching this long. Don't know if I wanna be naural, or relaxed. I have seriously been thinking about texlaxing...but I am afraid that I might screw it up.:ohwell:

Blkprincess

There needs to be a category for those of us that don't know WHAT in the heck we are doing right now:lachen:.

I haven't relaxed since February. I didn't really plan on stretching this long. Don't know if I wanna be naural, or relaxed. I have seriously been thinking about texlaxing...but I am afraid that I might screw it up.:ohwell:

too funny girl, I too agree, I wasn't sure how to vote either:nono:

adf23

Currently transitioning to natural. Been in the game for 8 months now. I'll probably transition for 2 years or so and just cut off one inch of relaxed hair at a time.

Exact same situation :grin:

missty1029

Transitioning. Its been 8 months since my last relaxer.:yawn: I am curious to see what my real hair texture is like. I was never a regular relaxer girl and even with one my hair would not get bone straight. Im taking it day by day but you guys sure make it easier!!!

PinkPeony

I'm texlaxed trying to go straighter but ended up texturizing by accident during my last relaxer on 11/28/2007.
I might do a corrective:perplexed

PinkSkates

I'm natural; no plans to ever relax again.

Jetblackhair

I'm a natural 4A, my last relaxer was over 2 years ago. I don't plan on returning to relaxed hair.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

Texturized and can't imagine being anything else.

ETA: I'm glad we have a new poll. The old thread was just that, old.

Last edited:

zzirvingj

I'm natural :drunk:

I do not see myself relaxing my hair again ANY time soon. I'm happy with where I'm at for now. I've been natural for almost 5 years.

Roland

I'm transitioning and very close to being completely natural:yep:

sowhut

Im texlaxed. Im not sured if i want to go straighter or not. i think i may just stay like this.:spinning:

remnant

Just getting a consensus from now through the end of the year. Forgive me if I missed a category
:grin:

Edited Just Make Interesting: Also, if you feel like it, post in the thread what your hair type is and:

Relaxed ladies--do you ever see yourself going natural anytime soon?
Natural ladies--do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime soon?
Texturized ladies--will you fully relax anytime soon?
Transitioning ladies--how long do you plan on being natural or texturized?

I'm natural 4b and my answer is: No from now!

LiberianGirl

I have been transitioning for almost a year and God willing I will transition for another year before chopping any remaining relaxed ends. I plan on being natural for life:grin:.

LiberianGirl

Do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime soon?

NOPE. With all of these weaves, wigs, braids, etc - why would I need to? I am learning to deal with my hair day by day, and with a little more patience, and knowledge about my hair texture, I really don't need it straight. I am sooooooooo tired of trying to conform to this european ideal of beauty...it's time they conform to African beauty.

ITA...I'm loving all my naps

msmills2U

Natural ladies--do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime soon?

Never. My hair has never been as healthy and as strong as it is in this natural state. I figured if I want a relax look I can weave it.

I relaxed two yrs ago after being natural for two years and all my hair fell out.:sad:

So now I am currently natural for two years and my goal is to have long strong hair and thank you ladies for all your informative threads to get there!
:grin:

PhoenixRose360

I'm transitioning, it will be a year in Dec. It wasn't so bad, when I was doing wash and go's. But now I'm dealing with my hair and all it's naturalness, lol. I'm learning how to really care for my hair and I need to put a relaxer so it can be beautiful.

Sugar Brown

Natural - for the second time.

I'm having a much better experience since I learned to stop fighting my hair. I don't see myself relaxing any time soon. I'm amazed at how good my hair is to me now that I know how to treat it right. :love2:

sareca

I'm texturized. I don't plan to relax fully or go natural anytime in the near future. After I've been at mid-back for a few years I might get bored and decide to try something new, but for now... :nono:

NewYorkgyrl

Natural ladies--do you ever see yourself relaxing (again, for some) anytime soon??

NO :nono::nono::nono: I got my hair blowdryed and curled three weeks ago and that alone made the hairs on the back of my head permanently straight. I can't even imagine doing that again.....so a relaxer is definetly OUT of the question. Plus, I am enjoying looking unique and standing out from what most people at my medical school feel all black girls look like......

ETA: Texlaxing is also out of the question because I not only want to avoid chemicals but also my hair straightend TOO easy and no matter how short a time I know it will come out more toward the straight side. And I don't want straight hair :ohwell:

Last edited: