Sept 23 24 25 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Uncharted territory:

I'm wearing protective chunky twists. Time to wash. Hope I can keep hair stretched and stay motivated to keep retwisting sections back up at the various steps, however many times needed. We'll see how this goes!

Couldn't keep untwisting, twisting, untwisting . . . but I needed to keep working in sections this wash day. Ended up bantu knotting (for the first time ever :smile:) to maintain sections. Perfect!

Now tell me why I feel like some kind of natural hair genius when bantu knotting is as old as dirt. :laugh:

Daina

Pre-treat: Komaza Pona hair and scalp treatment for 20 minutes
Clarify: Redken Cleansing Creme
Shampoo: Keracare hydrating shampoo on scalp
Co-Cleanse: Wen 613 on the length
Treatment: Komaza Protein Stengthener
DC w/ Steam: SM Raw Shea Butter deep treatment masque (90 minutes body heat and 30 minutes with steam)
Leave-in: Aphogee green tea and keratin reconstructor spray followed by SM JBCO leave-in; will also use Xcel 21 on the scalp
Styler: CR Almond Jai Twisting butter, touch of extreme Wetline gel, avocado and almond oil to seal
Style: 4-6 Two-strand flat twists for a twist-out

Also going to make more of my scalp oil mix with JBCO, virgin olive oil and 10-12 drops of essential peppermint oil.

Last edited:

AgeinATL

I'm gonna have to research it soon enough :drunk:

Please, please, please post your review.

@flyygirlll2 - do you feel that the etae helped with the straightening process? Did it make the hair straighter? Less passes of the flat iron? Fight frizz and humidity? Add shine? I am just trying to understand what this does to help straighten the hair since it seems that people only use it for that purpose. Thanks!!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I decided to mix 1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses in my 12+ oz of coffee for my rinse/soak. Ugh, I was not prepared... sink, bowl, arms, shirt, countertop looking like a bloody scene from a crime of passion. My old towel is a mess trying to catch the drippings off my face. I am ready to shower now!

toaster

I had to detangle my hair after months of just cowashing and using a wide tooth comb, so my routine was a little different.

I soaked my hair with a spray bottle and thoroughly detangled using two combs. I used my Pureology conditioner instead of my Pantene DC, and left that in for about 30 minutes.

I got in the shower, rinsed, and shampooed with my Pureology shampoo. After that I parted my hair for my roller set and finished my shower. I was sure I would need to rinse with conditioner again to part, but since I detangled thoroughly I didn't have any issues.

Hopped out of the shower and did a roller set using It's 10 leave in and the Chi serum that comes in an orange bottle (the one MoKnowsHair recommends all the time).

Wanted to add a note that this worked really well. My hair was soft and bouncy when it dried, and not at all weighed down. I'll try it again over the next few weeks to see if I can cut my Pantene DC out of my routine. Something about putting leave in on clean hair instead of clean and freshly conditioned hair worked well.

Aggie

Okay here goe's my update. This morning I:

Covered my previously texlaxed hair with a mixture of Affirm Preservo and Chi Silk Infusion

Based my scalp with Blue Magic Castor Oil Grease

Texlaxed with a mixture of Afirm Fiberguard Mild Lye relaxer, Keracare Restorative Mask and Sunflower Oil

Mid-Protein treat with a mixture of Affirm Sustenance and Neutral Silk Protein for 5 minutes

Neutralized with Affirm Neutralizing Shampoo followed by 1 minute of French Stabilizer Plus to further bring down pH - my hair is usually very hard after using the French Stabilizer and I don't know why but it makes my hair feel pretty strong so I keep using it.

Deep Conditioning with a combination of Bekura Cocoa Bark and YAM Nectar for 30 minutes.

Oil Rinsing in the shower with hot Pumpkin Seed Butter (melted)

Detangling with Terrene Fusions Moisturizing Detangling Cream

Leave-In with APB Leave In Conditioner.

Anaisin

Shampoo: Briogeo Rosarco repair shampoo
Conditioner: Tresemme Perfectly undone

I'm going to do a braid out with Qhemet Amla & Olive heavy cream. Idk what else I'm using/pairing with it yet, I just know I'm trying my new product this weekend lol

I just used the Amla & olive heavy cream to moisturize on towel dried hair in 6 braids. Also put it on my scalp & edges.

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL I've finished one side of my head.... Now I have to finish the other side.. ((Sigh)) mind you, I've been up doing my hair since around 8 this morning. I'm using 370 degrees, so my hair is not silky straight. Didn't care for it to be this time. My ends are sooo jacked from the demon called ssk's :cry3:.

I'll do a review afterwards.
View attachment 374797

Yesssssss!!!!! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your results. Your hair is really thriving!

Rozlewis

Pre-Poo: Coconut Oil Infusion under cap for 20 mins
Poo: KaraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo
DC: Naturelle Grow Sweet Greens Dc under cap for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Twist out: Miss Jessie Baby Buttercream

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@AgeinATL Thanks and no problem! I was able to finally finish doing my hair. It poofed back up though so my hair looks like a blow out at this point :rolleyes:.

I had to cut almost 2 inches off, so I'm irked about that but I'll have to figure out a way to lessen these ssk's for my own sanity. Anyway, I don't think the treatment lessened blow dry time or anything. I think it's a nice little treatment, but it's not a must have or necessity. There's other products out there that can do the same thing. The shampoo and conditioner are ok but both have a lot of protein which I think may have been too much for what I needed.

My hair felt pretty dry after blow drying. I should have followed up with a Moisturising DC afterwards, but I just wanted this process to be over with.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 22