September 2016: Hits & Misses

Aggie

An On The Fence Turned MISS:

Bekura Cocoa Bark Conditioning Hair Mask
- This really does nothing for my hair. It feels like it just sits there. I even clarified my hair today before using it and still it just sat there. I don't feel it penetrated my normal porosity hair so i can only imagine what it will do to low porosity hair. Jeesh! This is not a repurchase item at all :nono:.

NaturallyATLPCH

- This really does nothing for my hair. It feels like it just sits there. I even clarified my hair today before using it and still it just sat there. I don't feel it penetrated my normal porosity hair so i can only imagine what it will do to low porosity hair. Jeesh! This is not a repurchase item at all :nono:.

I know most people get success mixing the Bark and the Yam mask.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I mixed it with the YAM Nectar and I got a slightly better feeling. Truth is I don't think I like the Cocoa Bark though. It smells nice but that's about it for me. I do like the YAM Nectar though.

@Aggie
I will try Cacao both ways. Mixed with YAM and maybe mixed with Vanilla-Whiskey.

I think I have x2 Jars of Cacao? I think?

It gets mixed reviews. Either people really like it or they hate it.

Aggie

@Aggie
I will try Cacao both ways. Mixed with YAM and maybe mixed with Vanilla-Whiskey.

I think I have x2 Jars of Cacao? I think?

It gets mixed reviews. Either people really like it or they hate it.
@IDareT'sHair

I haven't even broken out my Vanilla Whiskey as yet. It will be a minute before I get to it too because I want to use up the Terrene Fusions conditioners next. I need to see how they fare on my hair since I didn't like their detangling leave-in conditioner. I need to know what they are like so I can either add them to or cross them off my repurchase list.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

I was not moved by it at all. Doggone shame because it's about $25 a jar.

Aggie

@Aggie i actually like the vanilla whiskey and will keep it in my stash. Likewise with yam.

So far, I like hair dew. I feel like it's a good back-up. Only thing OTG I feel I can rely on at this point.
@Saludable84

I believe I might like the vanilla Whiskey as well. The YAM is a definite yes and of course the hair dew - I don't know. It seemed fine when I first used it but for some reason, it kinda left my hair almost dry. I don't know if it was caused by build up or not.

I think Oyin hair products have some beeswax in them so I probably should have clarified again to keep it working the way it did the first few times.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie @Saludable84

That's too bad about Cacao Bark.:angry2: The reviews are basically mixed on this product.

It will be a while before I get around to it because I'll have to open up a YAM, unless I mix it with Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (which would be a lot cheaper to do) and I don't want to open up my YAM.:look:

I'm tryna' hold on to my Bekura products because it is so overpriced.

Will try to pick up x2 Tonga Mousse and x1 Java Bean (that's how it's listed on my BF list right now).

Aggie

@Aggie @Saludable84

That's too bad about Cacao Bark.:angry2: The reviews are basically mixed on this product.

It will be a while before I get around to it because I'll have to open up a YAM, unless I mix it with Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (which would be a lot cheaper to do) and I don't want to open up my YAM.:look:

I'm tryna' hold on to my Bekura products because it is so overpriced.

Will try to pick up x2 Tonga Mousse and x1 Java Bean (that's how it's listed on my BF list right now).

Ooooh @IDareT'sHair,

I will definitely be picking up a tonga mousse as well. I love :love: love that stuff too.

JJamiah

I definitely prefer the Lotus Flower as far as ingredients and style.
Lotus Flower is a liquid wash while Down There is bar.soap (I don't know if she made it a wash yet because I didn't repurchase it).

APB feminine products made my mom, who was a die hard FDS and Summers Eve user, switch to the APB products. For me, that was endorsement enough right there cause my momma will hunt through Wal-Marts and grocery stores across a city for her favorite FDS and SE products.
That lady don't play when it come to her feminine products:lachen:
I love FDS unscented. .

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I used Oyin Hair Dew on damp hair and then braided my hair. Once dry, my hair was very defined, soft & shiny. I haven't tried it as a dry hair moisturizer but will. As much as I love Bekura Honey Latte, I'm thinking Oyin Hair Dew is better. I give it a few more wash days before finalizing that opinion though.

NaturallyATLPCH

@IDareT'sHair

I haven't even broken out my Vanilla Whiskey as yet. It will be a minute before I get to it too because I want to use up the Terrene Fusions conditioners next. I need to see how they fare on my hair since I didn't like their detangling leave-in conditioner. I need to know what they are like so I can either add them to or cross them off my repurchase list.

That Vanilla Whisky is good. Left my hair very soft yet strong. I won a jar in a giveaway a while back and have intentions on purchasing more. During a good sale though, because that price hike wass not the business.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@NaturallyATLPCH @IDareT'sHair @Aggie

The vanilla whiskey was actually a gift from a friend maybe 3 years ago. And I still have it. I would definitely repurchase. I use it on my ends since they were subjects to direct and indirect heat (no damage, just needs love and it's still a relaxed habit I haven't broke) and I love it more than SSI Okra. After using the cacao bark, I realized I used it before and hated it; don't know how I forgot and had the nerve to repurchase and relive that experience. YAM is a keeper, but I don't really need to keep as much.

I also feel if I have to mix all of that together to make the cacao bark decent, it's just not worth it.

Last, the same friend complained to me recently that Bekura (she actually said her name but idr) has a lot of nerves raising her prices on mediocre products :rofl:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH
Yeah. I can't really enjoy them because I don't wanna hafta' replace them:lachen:.....:eek: if that makes sense?

I did manage to get a Vanilla-Whiskey in a swap with another Poster, so that was nice. I think I may have x2 of the following: YAM, Cacao?, Tapioca, Whiskey-Vanilla.

I know I'll have to use them sooner or later. I don't want them to go bad.:look:

I tend to do the same thing with Curl Junkie. I hold on to it way too long because it's so cost prohibitive to replace.:ohwell: