She who shall not be named is Back...

gorgeoushair

IMO (which doesn't matter :lol:), it seems like she thinks that trims are the only way her hair can stay healthy.

You know how some beauticians cut off perfectly good length while saying that "cutting your hair keeps it healthy and it grows more".

Either way, I like Ateeya's personality and that's what keeps me subscribed. I don't look to her for hair advice. She was a factor in me starting my HHJ, though. That was in her Aphogee days.

No not at all... I think she likes the way her hair/ends looks w/ a fresh trim.

BostonMaria

OK I'll bite LOL

Her hair looks beautiful
I would never follow the advice of someone who's had the same length for 4 years and is addicted to weaves. Yes I know she trims her hair (if you look at the YT comments her fans are going crazy defending her short hair LOL). That's just my dos centavos.

ETA: Before you call me a hater and obsessed with length (I am) I love her personality and I think she's a good business woman

Theresamonet

What are some of y'all even talking about saying she is not trying to grow her hair long, and "some people don't want hair beyond APL"? Um... She has been a a length journey since she started doing videos. The was the premise of her channel originally; that she was trying to gain length. She used to be excited and comment on how her hair was growing nicely until she had that setback (which she was devastated about). I don't agree with folks making fun of other people's lack of progress, but please stop acting brand new.

Last edited:

AHeadOfCoils

End of thread.

AHeadOfCoils

She also said that she can only get that "swang" if her ends are clipped.

I don't know about all of that, but at least she addressed it.

gabulldawg

I don't know why everyone keeps assuming that she wants long hair. Long hair isn't everyone's goal. Ateya has even stated that in some of her videos. She does regularly cut/trim her hair which is why it's at the same length.

IDK, man. It's kind of like the marriage argument around here. "We live together, have a joint bank account, have three kids, and bought a house together. But marriage isn't for us." :perplexed She is always wearing long weave/wigs, but we are supposed to believe she doesn't want long hair? In both cases, it's not like it's unbelievable. I just don't believe it. I don't think most do, either.

Last edited:

Marand13

I've been a sub to her for a long time and truthfully I dont see a problem with keeping your hair one length.

Even though I am a little confused about why SL would be her ideal length... Maybe she doesnt know how to retain the length while keeping the ends blunt. idk

IMFOCSD

I see some posters saying she wears long wigs cause she wants long hair......well I wear short wigs and I want long hair so...I dont agree with that. Even if she was having retention issues....why down her about it? like does that make some feel better for whateva reason? I dont get it....

anyway..her hair is nice :)

SexySin985

I see some posters saying she wears long wigs cause she wants long hair......well I wear short wigs and I want long hair so...I dont agree with that. Even if she was having retention issues....why down her about it? like does that make some feel better for whateva reason? I dont get it....

Exactly! There are women on this very forum with long hair that were short weaves/wigs often just as there are women with short hair that wear long wig/weaves. Also there are people who just like a certain length and if it is SL for her then so be it.

LightEyedMami

EXACTLY!...i have struggled to get to BSL for a while, BUT i will get there this year, (my hair is finally doing so better :grin:)...BUT since when was this forum about putting on blast womens hair struggles?....There are women on this forum (NOT JUST ME) who have been at the same length for years because of setbacks, careless relaxers, bun breakage, scissor happy stylists, bad weaves, traction breakage ETC. ETC. and nobody is throwing it in their face..so why is ateeya any different?.. Now i am no ateeya fan, i only watch her videos "here and there" but it just seems wrong to keep throwing her length in her face.

IMFOCSD

EXACTLY!...i have struggled to get to BSL for a while, BUT i will get there this year, (my hair is finally doing so better :grin:)...BUT since when was this forum about putting on blast womens hair struggles?....There are women on this forum (NOT JUST ME) who have been at the same length for years because of setbacks, careless relaxers, bun breakage, scissor happy stylists, bad weaves, traction breakage ETC. ETC. and nobody is throwing it in their face..so why is ateeya any different?.. Now i am no ateeya fan, i only watch her videos "here and there" but it just seems wrong to keep throwing her length in her face.

Exactly! There are women on this very forum with long hair that were short weaves/wigs often just as there are women with short hair that wear long wig/weaves. Also there are people who just like a certain length and if it is SL for her then so be it.

I agree 100% with these posts LightEyedMami we have alot in common lol...I have been a member of this forum since 2005 and I just made APL this year...between me being into short styles to experiencing breakage for whateva reason to being obsessed with my ends..and scissors lol...i should have been apl long ago but o well im here now and like you...I will make BSL this year :grin:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I know who y'all talking about without looking. My question is though if you prefer your hair short, why wear long haired hair hats um sorry, I mean Wigs?

Ann0804

Her hair is gorgeous!! So lush, thick and healthy. This length is very manageable, so she may want to keep it there for ease of styling- regardless it's lovely.

auparavant

Um, is this the new hurdle Black women have to pass through....growing their hair past SL? Aye, the cattiness is off the chain up in here. (...goes looking for introductory posts of members who came in here looking for ways to achieve mythical lengths cuz they didn't believe they could....) LOL. It's not that serious...some folks like fresh cuts.

Leslie_C

For some reason this makes me think about all the white women I work with (that is pretty much all I get to see all day everyday, ok?:lol:)...the most common length is shoulder length or a little longer. Do they get put down that they dont let their hair grow to their butt? Never. Im going to start asking them why their hair has been the same length since I started working on our unit...:rolleyes: It seems like most white women tend to keep their hair cut in the style they like.

Good points that plenty of people on the forum wear short wigs who want long hair and vice versa. Also, if relaxed heads wear braidouts or kinky curly weaves/wigs...does that mean they must want to be natural? If naturals wear their hair pressed does that mean they want to be relaxed? We could go on and on with this. I doubt it, we just like to change it up sometimes...nothing wrong with it!

Not to mention just because she wantd long hair 4 years ago when she started her channel doesnt mean she was committed to that goal for life. Heck, 4 years ago I thought I would never ever ever ever ever go natural and now Im transitioning. The only thing constant in life is change.

gabulldawg

I know of members here who have cut their hair short after wearing short wigs consistently. The key word is consistently. Doesn't she normally pick long (BSL or longer) wigs/weaves? But hey, it's whatever at this point. She already spoke for herself. If she could grow her hair past shoulder length she would.

keenyme

It's kind of sad that this thread is 80+ posts in, and not a single person has mentioned her actual review...

some of y'all are acting your hair growth is contingent upon hers.

gorgeoushair

No it's sad that it's already proven that she is proud of her hair and likes to keep it trimmed and this thread is still going...ppl still talking about her length and such...

levette

once i give up on this long hair journey... i am going to get my hair cut like that with some fresh black hair dye and have that swang... maybe in the next 5 years

sylver2

its funny, it made me think of my mother. she died when i was 19 but i never ever saw her hair past SL. even old pics. same length. she had thick healthy hair and would keep it trimmed at SL. i def understand many women just don't want long hair. one of my best friends always cutting hers. ..but in Ateyaas case her original goals were to grow long hair. she became a utube hair guru and inspiration to many. i believe she wants to grow her hair long ..but like she said, it thins out and that's why. i wonder if she went natural and just straightened would her ends thicken.

gorgeoushair

Maybe I need to go back and watch her old videos b/c I never recall her saying she wanted long hair........maybe I missed that one little detail...