• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Shea butter Growth and Retention thread 2021

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Question for you ladies amd gents: when you baggy after applying shea butter, do you find that your hair has buildup at the end of the week?

I feel like mine penetrates, disappears, or maybe just absorbs into my scarf after I stop baggying.
I just started my experiment with the Nilotica and the Blue Magic leave in conditioner on the 8th and I’ve baggy-ed a few times since then. I just re-layered all the products I used today on the 11th and I checked my scalp with my nails. If I have buildup I would definitely see it under my nails. So far no build up. I guess my hair just drunk it all up.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I just started my experiment with the Nilotica and the Blue Magic leave in conditioner on the 8th and I’ve baggy-ed a few times since then. I just re-layered all the products I used today on the 11th and I checked my scalp with my nails. If I have buildup I would definitely see it under my nails. So far no build up. I guess my hair just drunk it all up.
same re: build-up, but i do not baggy (can i spell it baggie it looks nicer) -yet it seems to absorb within a couple of hours even during daytime (no scarf etc)...
leaving just enough of a 'film' to coat (with or without other stuff mixed in).
maybe that's why things like coconut oil and argan (both supposed to be structured in a way they absorb better) work better alongside SB for me, for less of a greasy effect -than things like jojoba only.

which sounds counter-intuitive. but the jojoba, grapeseed, etc, act like silicone serums then (polymerizing effect), afterwards, adding to the coating (less tangles) rather than being drunk up + disappearing.

idk. i wish i were a scientist