Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm stopping in to say hello! I've been MIA for a little bit, busy with my full time job and also starting a new business. I'm still wearing the crochet bob as a protective style. I just got a new install on the 16th and will probably wear for 4 or 5 more weeks. Then I will let my hair breathe some before my next install on May 18th. I plan to really treat my hair and use Shea butter as much as possible while my hair is out.

Also, I just want to say that Shea Butter is the truth on my edges!

Is it okay to put Shea Butter on my scalp? I want to make sure that I can still reap the benefits of Shea Butter while I'm in a protective style. Maybe I can purchase Shea oil for my scalp. Is it the same as Shea butter, but just in liquid form?

FENTY BODY LAVA, baby!!!!

FENTY Body LAVA!

Sephora, Unicorn with Fenty Body Lava cash coming through....

PlanetCybertron

Update:

So first and foremost here is my current length:
This picture was take. After a full wash day, and detangling.

I had a bunch of exams and assignments back to back for about 3 weeks, and my husband and I finally moved to our new place and got everything paid up, and my hair was doing something weird, and became very compressed and tangled, so I would just spray it with some water, get it going in one direction and bun it up. This was my go-to style for 3-4 weeks:

You can see it in my lighter parts, they look stiff and crunchy. Mostly because they were.

Products for wash day:
•Shampoo: Nizoral Shampoo for Dandruff (roots only)
•Conditioner: Aussie 3 min miracle (this conditioner has no rival in melting tangles effortlessly)
•Deep Condition: was needing a hard protein treatment to fill in the gaps of my longer lengths so I blended one egg with some of my SM MH leave-in, left it on under a heat cap for 35 mins, and rinsed.
Leave in: SM JBCO, my last remaining bit of Shea Butter :cry:

I can’t really see a difference (very small one in my photos), but my measuring tape now says 35.5 inches. So I’ll take that as a victory.

As a plus my ponytails now come to BCL

:yay:

My hair is now up in 4 braids/plaits, and next week I will be specifically looking for a different line to try altogether. My hair seems to not be responding well to SM products anymore. It’s either Mielle Organics, Oyin, or DevaCurl. I’m leaning more towards Oyin just because most of their products always do my hair good.

As far as Shea Butter I will be purchasing a new tub next week as well. And probably adding in some Coco Butter as well.

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Update:

I had a bunch of exams and assignments back to back for about 3 weeks, and my husband and I finally moved to our new place and got everything paid up, and my hair was doing something weird, and became very compressed and tangled, so I would just spray it with some water, get it going in one direction and bun it up. This was my go-to style for 3-4 weeks:

You can see it in my lighter parts, they look stiff and crunchy. Mostly because they were.

Products for wash day:
•Conditioner: Aussie 3 min miracle (this conditioner has no rival in melting tangles effortlessly)
•Deep Condition: was needing a hard protein treatment to fill in the gaps of my longer lengths so I blended one egg with some of my SM MH leave-in, left it on under a heat cap for 35 mins, and rinsed.

I can’t really see a difference (very small one in my photos), but my measuring tape now says 35.5 inches. So I’ll take that as a victory.

My hair is now up in 4 braids/plaits, and next week I will be specifically looking for a different line to try altogether. My hair seems to not be responding well to SM products anymore. It’s either Mielle Organics, Oyin, or DevaCurl. I’m leaning more towards Oyin just because most of their products always do my hair good.

As far as Shea Butter I will be purchasing a new tub next week as well. And probably adding in some Coco Butter as well.
Your hair really bounced back from the setback u had a little while ago and your prob spot in the middle has really filled in.... It looks great. Longer than b4 the setback!!!

PlanetCybertron

Your hair really bounced back from the setback u had a little while ago and your prob spot in the middle has really filled in.... It looks great. Longer than b4 the setback!!!

I hadn’t even noticed that! It definitely has grown in a lot more...finally!

I’ve been really slathering the Shea Butter in that area specifically. My strands seem to be a lot smoother, in that they don’t want to tangle up so badly on one another, leading to less breakage when I separate them. I don’t comb or brush that area whatsoever, so I feel that’s been helping as well.

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

I hadn’t even noticed that! It definitely has grown in a lot more...finally!

I’ve been really slathering the Shea Butter in that area specifically. My strands seem to be a lot smoother, in that they don’t want to tangle up so badly on one another, leading to less breakage when I separate them. I only don’t comb or brush that area whatsoever, so I feel that’s been helping as well.
You didn't notice!?!?! It's hard to miss. I can tell you've been babying the area. Shea butter for the win once again!!!

PlanetCybertron

You didn't notice!?!?! It's hard to miss. I can tell you've been babying the area. Shea butter for the win once again!!!

I think it was because I hadn’t taken a length shot for a bit. So just from doing my hair as I usually do I didn’t notice. But I definitely see it now.

And YAS sis! Shea for the win again!

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

I think it was because I hadn’t take a length shot for a bit. So just from doing my hair as I usually do I didn’t notice. But I definitely see it now.

And YAS sis! Shea for the win again!
Ahhhh i see.... It happens to the best of us. I will have my hair in twists and doing my reg routine but not taking length checks and when i finally do am like https://media.giphy.com/media/118aRbatHhIJYQ/giphy.gif where did that come from!?!?!

PlanetCybertron

Ahhhh i see.... It happens to the best of us. I will have my hair in twists and doing my reg routine but not taking length checks and when i finally do am like https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://media.giphy.com/media/118aRbatHhIJYQ/giphy.gif&imgrefurl=https://giphy.com/gifs/aduba-uzo-wifflegif-118aRbatHhIJYQ&docid=1_LP_nG1c5MbKM&tbnid=F2PtRYbisBLN1M:&vet=1&w=458&h=265&source=sh/x/im where did that come from!?!?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
You and me both!

I think that’s the best. Just sticking to you’re regimen and being consistent, and then BAM! A whole buncha’ length has been rewarded to you!

I wish I could get my mind off of my hair for longer periods, but as my hair gets longer it needs rather frequent attention. More or less my scalp does, which in turns means my hair will too eventually.

So far the weather change hasn’t fully prompted my seasonal shedding, but I can see it slowly increasing as it gets hotter down here.

Definitely putting Queen Shea up to the task of helping my shed hairs come out effortlessly.

water_n_oil

Moisturized last night with my usual shea mix over The Mane Choice 3-in-1 conditioner. I usually skip leave ins but I used this combo on dd2 earlier in the afternoon so I was curious. I did 8 braids and omgosh, this combo is a definite winner. My hair was so soft when I took the braids down this afternoon.

caribeandiva

Human being
Update:

Products for wash day:

Oooo weee!! Inspiration right there!!

lalla

Hello everyone ! I relaxed my hair yesterday and I am finally at elbow length. My ends are a bit uneven but mostly healthy. This is the longest my hair has ever been. The site won’t let me upload pictures but I will try again later in the week. I waited 4 months to relax and I spent 3 of those 4 montes applying scurl and shea butter religiously.

Chicoro

Hello everyone ! I relaxed my hair yesterday and I am finally at elbow length. My ends are a bit uneven but mostly healthy. This is the longest my hair has ever been. The site won’t let me upload pictures but I will try again later in the week. I waited 4 months to relax and I spent 3 of those 4 montes applying scurl and shea butter religiously.

Breaking length barriers!!!!

Congratulations! How wonderful that you have reached a NEW! length
Ooooh! Looking forward to seeing those photos. You have to make the photos smaller. I do it on my computer. I don't now how to do it on my telephone.

GGsKin

Are you still wearing these lovely twists? Do you have a post-March photo? ;)

Hey Chicoro! How are you lovely lady?

The twists came to the Caribbean with me but I washed my hair and changed my style while I was there. I'm not ashamed to say I been back 3 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't changed or washed my hair yet. I definitely need to though. It's in the style where I have two canerows on top and the back is in large twists, clipped up with my ends tucked.

I've just been moisturising with water or Nature's Ego Hibiscus Hair Tonic, adding a little leave-in and sealing with my Shea butter mix. I last did this two nights ago.

Chicoro

Hey Chicoro! How are you lovely lady?

The twists came to the Caribbean with me but I washed my hair and changed my style while I was there. I'm not ashamed to say I been back 3 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't changed or washed my hair yet. I definitely need to though. It's in the style where I have two canerows on top and the back is in large twists, clipped up with my ends tucked.

I've just been moisturising with water or Nature's Ego Hibiscus Hair Tonic, adding a little leave-in and sealing with my Shea butter mix. I last did this two nights ago.

Thank you! I am still looking for a picture from you of your hair, when you are ready, please. When you post your photos, I've got something for you. :)

Chicoro

Coffee Oil and Shea Butter Mix (Original Post #629)

I made my second batch of coffee oil. I let it sit for about 2 months.

This one smells like coffee. I used old, left over coffee beans for the first batch. This second batch I got the most intense, and found very fresh ones. The oil is a golden almost bronze color.

I make a Shea butter and coffee oil mix for my body, as prescribed by @ElevatedEnergy. She recommended that we exfoliate the area, too. I mix mine with cocoa butter and vitamin E. I burned my leg with hot, cooking oil which fell from a boiler on the stop to my leg. It burned the top of my thigh in 6 places. Some of the burns were up to 3 inches long and 1 inch wide.

This butter recipe is optimizing my processes. Prior to using the butter, the marks were breaking up and lightening as I was using and continue to exfoliate, apply vitamin e and cocoa butter. Sometimes I used a fade cream but that does not seem to be as effective.

I think it may take another 12 months minimum for the scars to fade into my skin and not be noticeable. The great thing is that the scars are the same texture as the surrounding skin. Thus, they are not shiny or keloids. Hence, there is a very good chance that they will completely disappear over time and with sufficient time!

I am using February 2020 as my check date to see how these things have done. Until then, I will continue with the dry exfoliation, pure vitamin E oil and cocoa butter and the wet exfoliation and Shea Coffee Oil.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Shea Butter is so forgiving when forgetting about your hair. My hair is 10 days post wash, but was Shea'd up before putting it in a twisted bun. It's still luscious and moist as all get out!

IMAG5665_1.jpg

IMAG5662_1.jpg

About to moisturize with RoseWater and lube it up again with Queen Shea. Will wash this weekend, but I know Shea gone get me through until then!!!

*excuse the halo frizz, I just woke up and ya Sis slept hard last night :look:*

fluffyforever

I shea’d up last night and I'm a greasy mess this morning. But my hair looks and feels great.

I’m almost out of my batch and I can’t wait to make more. Next time I’m going to try adding more oils to get it to stag fluffy (it’s really dense now after months of sitting) and less mango butter to reduce the dulling aspect of my whip.

GettingKinky

After washing my hair, I used shea butter as my leave in conditioner then used a gel to create my wash n go. I have no gel cast despite going ham with the ecostyler.

I get the same result. I use KCKT then shea butter then Wetline and I don’t get any crunch. I used a TON of gel this time. I think this is my go to combo. The only problem is it works better if I let my hair dry a bit before I add the shea and on weekdays I don’t have that kind of time.