Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

You got six (6) more months to get on and be on that Shea Train in 2019!​

caribeandiva

Human being
It's great! No flakes at all- I could tell it would be ok as I rubbed a little on my hand, the shea just melted. I didn't get the 'greyness' I can get when I add shea to my wet hair before my gel. This greyness usually goes away once my hair dries, and the shea sinks in but it's good to know I won't get it with this method. My hair was smooth and shiny but I believe last week, my sebum had more contribution in the whole length of my hair looking particularly shiny and feeling especially smooth.
My hair yesterday:View attachment 448175
Your skin is pure perfection!! Beautiful lady!

GGsKin

I've run out of my favourite lotion, so I've been using my latest shea mix all over my body. I've had several compliments over the past few days on how lovely I've been smelling. I rarely wear perfume as many give me headaches so I know it's all my Shea butter (or my hair lol). Someone even thought I'd splurged on the Brazilian Bum Bum cream. I'm well haps:cloud9:.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I just knew someone was gonna correct me like:spank:I'm only 5'2" so I felt some type of way calling @caribeandiva anything lil but I hear you lol.

That's the beauty and the irony of it. She's 6 foot tall and she is elegant and classy. The last thing someone would call her naturally would be 'L'il Bamboo'. Thus, it's an endearment because only 'we' in this Shea butter thread get this inside joke.

Ain't that right L'il Bamboo? @caribeandiva :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

caribeandiva

Human being
Well, I had been steadily gaining weight over the past ten years, and had a pulmonary embolism that nearly killed me in 2014. I was short of breath all the time, and was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Lupus in 2015. My husband at the time began cheating on me and we divorced in 2017. I married a man I went to high school with a few months later. Although I had found new love and a new life, I felt awful, was in constant pain in my joints, and I felt OLD and TIRED. Well, I’m NOT old! I DON’T wanna be tired all the time! I’m only 46, and I wanted to look and feel my age or younger if I could manage it. I wanted to have the energy and stamina to enjoy life and love with my new husband *wink wink, nod nod*, and to be able to play with my grandson and enjoy my children. So, after doing some research, I decided on trying Ketogenic eating. It essentially resets your body to run off of ketones from burning fat for fuel, instead of running off of carbs to burn glucose for fuel. This state of being causes rapid weight loss by burning your body’s fat reserves for fuel. The main thing I liked about it was that I could eat healthy fats and meats and cheese, lol. I knew it would be easy for me to stick to because of that. The hard part was I couldn’t eat any bread, starchy veggies, grains... anything with high carb counts or sugar :nono::perplexed:. I downloaded the Carb Manager App to help me keep track of my macros in order to stay in a Ketogenic state, and the app adjusted my macros (carbs, fats, proteins, and calories) according how much I weighed. I also do intermittent fasting (IF) in a 16/8 ratio (16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating window), which also helped me reduce calories daily and facilitated additional fat burning during fasting hours. I have remained strict keto and IF from August of 2018 to present. I’m currently in maintenance mode, but I still input my meals into Carb Manager because it keeps me accountable and on track. I know how easy it is to go over your limit with certain foods. Below are my before and after photos. I feel so much better now, I don’t hurt anymore, and my Lupus symptoms have drastically reduced. My energy levels are back to normal. My rheumatologist is impressed with the change, and is watching my progress with this new way of eating.

View attachment 448185View attachment 448187View attachment 448189View attachment 448183 View attachment 448197
If anyone is interested in learning about keto, here are some links to information I used:
https://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/

Dr. Berg’s Guide to Beginners Keto:
For good recipes, try Keto Ginja: And
Headbanger’s Kitchen:rocker::
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadbangersKitchen

:prettyplease::stop:IT’S VITAL THAT YOU DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE AND RESEARCH THIS THOROUGHLY BEFORE STARTING THIS DIET. IT’S NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.
Impressive!!! You look so good! You seem much happier now.

caribeandiva

Human being
That's the beauty and the irony of it. She's 6 foot tall and she is elegant and classy. The last thing someone would call her naturally would be 'L'il Bamboo'. Thus, it's an endearment because only 'we' in this Shea butter thread get this inside joke.

Ain't that right L'il Bamboo? @caribeandiva :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Right! :lol:
I just knew someone was gonna correct me like:spank:I'm only 5'2" so I felt some type of way calling @caribeandiva anything lil but I hear you lol.
I’ll take it! I answer to both. :lol: You’re petite! We’re on opposite ends of the height spectrum. I’m from a family of giants. Both grandpas were over 6ft and my grandmas were 5’10 and 5’6. My mom is the shortie in our family and she’s 5’6! Genetics...

GGsKin

Right! :lol:

I’ll take it! I answer to both. :lol: You’re petite! We’re on opposite ends of the height spectrum. I’m from a family of giants. Both grandpas were over 6ft and my grandmas were 5’10 and 5’6. My mom is the shortie in our family and she’s 5’6! Genetics...

Lol, I'm the one of the shortest in my family. My grandparents on both sides were tall. My brother's tower over me. My mum thinks she's doing something at 5'6". My Dad has often asked where I'm from lol.

MizzBFly

I got this today:
View attachment 448155

:toocool::bouncy::bounceline::clapping::cup::dance7:
So, I used it to buy myself a lil stand mixer to make Shea mixes, and I’m also gonna get back into formulating conditioner and moisturizing products for myself and friends/family. I forgot how much I enjoy whipping stuff up.

I made this ginormous batch of whipped Shea (the container holds 4 cups) for my bestie’s daughter for a graduation gift (she going off to college):
View attachment 448157 View attachment 448159
She has beautiful thick natural hair that stretches to BSL, and beautiful skin, so I think she'll put it to good use (if her momma doesn’t jack her for it, she’s salty that her batch of Shea was smaller than her daughter’s, lol).
:urock: You received a gift for being inspirational and still paid it forward with gifting ... you’re my type of gyal :cool: