Shoulder/Armpit Challenge- 2005

cocoberry10

I want to join this thread too. I'm currently 2-3 inches below shoulder length and I'm having difficulty getting to armpit/BSL. Sign me up.

Millahdoowop

When October, November and December come I'll be doing some serious working out and doing the "baggie method" on my whole head every night in addition to using my Lenzi's request and MTG. I'm going to reach my goal. Oh yeah and eat healthy and drink lots of water. :D

MonaLisa

Welcome aboard!

Cocoberry....I feel you....I think we are in the same place....

I won't have a better idea of how much more I have to go to top of armpit for another week or so. Right now...I feel shaky....:ohwell: ....but if I don't reach the length....I can at least just focus on it being healthy.

Millah.....do your bootcamp hair session.....nothing wrong with that...you're follicles will thank you for it.

DangerouslyShy

Im trying really hard to get to armpit length, so i can make that extra stride to gget to brastrap...I wish I could do it all by the end of the year, beginning of next year..

i updated my album for this challenge, and the super grow out challenge...

paradise224

I went to Belize for 3 weeks and I definitely think that the combination of surge, mtg, baggie method and RIDICULOUS heat :burn: made me gain some length (and shed a couple pounds :grin: ) which is a plus.. now i just have to concentrate on back of my hair that seems to be shorter than the sides :ohwell: .. any way, i'm loving this challenge, it's really inspiring me to stay committed to my hair THANKS LADIES & keep it up!!

MonaLisa

D.Shy...your hair has improved so much....I peeped that third pic in the updates...and I was like...her hair has really progressed! Looking good.

Paradise, welcome aboard:wave:

We're 7 months down.....5 months until the end of December....

Shatani

hey, can i play!??! i was refreshing my edges and i noticed that on the side of my head, the hair stretches just about to my armpit (in the front) but on the top, just to my chin....i wont be able to fully straighten it and check it out until december, though :ohwell:

MonaLisa

Shatani said:
hey, can i play!??! i was refreshing my edges and i noticed that on the side of my head, the hair stretches just about to my armpit (in the front) but on the top, just to my chin....i wont be able to fully straighten it and check it out until december, though :ohwell:

I'm mad you starting up again....lol....come on in girl....
you've got five months.....will be looking for a pic come December....:look:

Shatani

what?!?!? i didnt start nothin!!!

YES! im in!! now for the trouble making :sekret:

so, what do i have to do? please dont say read the whole thread! :lol:

MonaLisa

Shatani said:
what?!?!? i didnt start nothin!!!

YES! im in!! now for the trouble making :sekret:

so, what do i have to do? please dont say read the whole thread! :lol:

LOL...not a thing but do the best you can to get your hair to shoulder/armpit length by December 31, 2005...

and be ready to share a progress pic at the end of the year...;)

I'll be recapping all the names on the challenge for an end of the year results thread.

DangerouslyShy

MonaLisa said:
D.Shy...your hair has improved so much....I peeped that third pic in the updates...and I was like...her hair has really progressed! Looking good.

Paradise, welcome aboard:wave:

We're 7 months down.....5 months until the end of December....
ThanksMona Im trying!!

Shatani

okay!

question for those of you who are surging...are you mixing it with oil?? if so, what kind and whats the ratio??

MonaLisa

Shatani said:
okay!

question for those of you who are surging...are you mixing it with oil?? if so, what kind and whats the ratio??

You know what....I don't Surge as much as I used to...I forget sometimes...but when I do....you know those 4oz applicator bottles? Usually 2 oz of that mixed with 2 oz world of curls.

SouthernGirl done got me started on using the MNT with my oil now and I like it....so, I just rotate everything...

just as long as my hair stays moisturized in some capacity...that's the most important thing.

disclaimer:
*this works for MY hair....no expectations for it to work for others*

Shatani

MNT is supposed to help your hair grow???

i do have one of those color applicators...i could use that...

ive never seen world of curls....who makes it??

MonaLisa

Shatani said:
MNT is supposed to help your hair grow???

i do have one of those color applicators...i could use that...

ive never seen world of curls....who makes it??

Not necessarily, just like a lil leave in combo for strength and moisture.

World of Curls would be in the Curl Activator section of your BSS along with S Curl, etc.

JG Strickland is the manufacturer I believe.

jewel

Count me in. I am currently shoulder length when hair is not stretched out...i will love to be armpit length by feb2006. Little manipulation, well moisturized tresses and a balanced diet helps my hair grow.

MonaLisa

lyphe said:
Count me in. I am currently shoulder length when hair is not stretched out...i will love to be armpit length by feb2006. Little manipulation, well moisturized tresses and a balanced diet helps my hair grow.

LOL..okay...well welcome...although it sounds like you're aiming for armpit in 2006...nothing wrong with preparing.

MonaLisa

LadyZ said:
count me in too.... I thought I was in this challenge already....

You very well could be...lol....

I'll probably go through the posts closer to the end of the year...as we get ready for December 2005 pics/progress feedback.:)

KathyMay

ok I have an updated I was taking some of my twists down so I could get them touch up and I noticed my hair was grazing my shoulders so I decided flat iron one piece to see if would touch my shoulders and it did. I couldnt believe so I asked my beau if my hair was touching my shoulders he said yeah so I took that as my second opinion but I am not considering myself at shoulder length until December

MonaLisa

Hey Shoulder/Armpit Challengers...just wanted to share a quick cameraphone pic (see attached link) for August '05...:wave:

Attachments

• August 2005.jpg
    August 2005.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 24

MonaLisa

KathyMay said:
ok I have an updated I was taking some of my twists down so I could get them touch up and I noticed my hair was grazing my shoulders so I decided flat iron one piece to see if would touch my shoulders and it did. I couldnt believe so I asked my beau if my hair was touching my shoulders he said yeah so I took that as my second opinion but I am not considering myself at shoulder length until December

Aiiight KathyMay! Will be looking out for shoulder length pic come December!:grin:

mrslee

Love yourself first!
MonaLisa said:
Hey Shoulder/Armpit Challengers...just wanted to share a quick cameraphone pic (see attached link) for August '05...:wave:

MO!!! Your hair looks wonderful!!! You just may be at bra strap soon!!!

MonaLisa

mrslee said:
MO!!! Your hair looks wonderful!!! You just may be at bra strap soon!!!

Hey ML!!

Girl, you know I have a lonnnnnnnng way to go to get where you are.
Baby steps. Thanks for the compliment and support!:kiss:

sharee

Well, I don't know if I will reach my goal again. I had about 4 inches chopped off last week. I feel that my hair looks better (Since I was traveling in Maryland this week I got a rollerset at Jaselvis ... very very nice). But, I have to admit that I am saddened to see the length go. Well, back to to the goal of trying for armpit length hair again. *sigh* Maybe if I quit pouting I will post picture of my mini chop when I get back to Colorado this weekend.

Oh re-edited to add that I am back at Shoulder length or so...

MonaLisa

sharee said:
Well, I don't know if I will reach my goal again. I had about 4 inches chopped off last week. I feel that my hair looks better (Since I was traveling in Maryland this week I got a rollerset at Jaselvis ... very very nice). But, I have to admit that I am saddened to see the length go. Well, back to to the goal of trying for armpit length hair again. *sigh* Maybe if I quit pouting I will post picture of my mini chop when I get back to Colorado this weekend.

Oh re-edited to add that I am back at Shoulder length or so...

The most important thing is that your hair is healthy and that you feel good about it.;)

paradise224

Just checking in.. i joined this challenge right before i went to Belize for 3 weeks, i'd also chopped off an inch prior to the trip- I'm guessing that it was the combination of extreme heat :beach: , drinking lots of water, surging, Salerm-ing, mtg, & the baggie method that left my hair healthier, softer, shinier, and more manageable. I've also gained about 2 inches!! :D .. now i'd say that im about 2 1/2 inches from arm pit length, My only hope is that i can keep this up when school starts next week- college is when i seemed to neglect my hair the most :ohwell: ..Atleast now i have a challenge to keep me focused!! Keep up the good work ladies, you all inspire me :Rose: