Shoulder/Armpit Challenge- 2005

paradise224

I'm feeling like i've hit a plateau... No i haven't pressed it out to see the difference, and yes it does seem a bit longer and definitely more healthy.. but i can't shake the feeling that i'm not going anywhere.. sorry i guess i just need some more of that LHCF encouragement ladies.. Keep up the good work

MonaLisa

Well, it's mid-October 2005...

I hope that everyone is taking good care of their follicles and getting closer to their goals.

I don't think I'm going to make armpit by December, probably early 2006...
I won't be doing a year end progress check as I've decided to stretch until 2006.

Wishing everyone the best on their goals and the challenge.:)

MonaLisa

It's the last day of November...heading into December 2005....
I know I won't be at my goal until at least Spring 2006 (it was close though..:cool: )

but hoping everyone who was shooting for shoulder and armpit length...have been able to reach or at least get very close to their goal...

good luck on that one last follicular push of growth as the end of the year....
grows close!

:up: :up: :up:

Millahdoowop

Girl, where have you been? I think I have two more inches to go before I get to armpit length and that's just with the tail in the back (the piece of hair that's longer than the rest. Lmao, and on the sides the left side is longer than the right side.

sharee

Funny, I am sitting here airdrying my hair. I just broke down today and texturized my hair. I don't know why, I just gave my daughter a touch up and since there was relaxer left, I just did it without thinking (a whole year of transitioning gone to waste). I was at armpit before the 3 inch chop in August so, I will take pictures after it dries and see if I am anywhere close to making armpit again before the years end.

LadyZ

I will up date at the end of the month when I get my touch up...
I will barely be shoulder length:angry2: :cry2: :cry:

I hope we have another challenge for the new year coming up...
I am not ready to give up on armpit length...

LadyZ

Naijaqueen said:
LadyZ what??? girl ur past shoulder lengtH!!!!!!!!!!

Naij,

I had what was supposed to be a trimming of my ends my last relaxer touch-up, which was the 2nd of November... and when it was all said and done my hair was chopped off alot:eek: :mad: :angry2: ... So my length now is back to my next to the last picture... I usually post a picture after each touch up... but I was so mad:mad: that I did not post one this time... All my stretching for 8 weeks and CW's, cut off and just laying on the floor:swearing: :whyme: :angry2: :cry2: :cry: ...Oh, well I will make sure it is only a trimming and not a hair cut the next time I get a trim... or better yet, do it myself... But my hair is healthier and thicker now that I am stretching... and I guess maybe the trim helped:p :ohwell: :look: ... But I will post pictures at the end of the challenge anywho......

I hope there will be another shoulder/armpit challenge for 2006...

KathyMay

here is my update for the end of the year:

I made it to shoulder length and may be closer to my goal. I haven't had a relaxer since August so I have so much new growth that I have learned to tame thanks to LHCF and dominician products. I have 3 or 4 inches to grow to get to my next goal so I will take out my sew in and get another sew in that will last until February when I am 6 months post relaxer.

Looking forward to the APL challenge in 2006

Naijaqueen

LadyZ said:
Naij,

I had what was supposed to be a trimming of my ends my last relaxer touch-up, which was the 2nd of November... and when it was all said and done my hair was chopped off alot:eek: :mad: :angry2: ... So my length now is back to my next to the last picture... I usually post a picture after each touch up... but I was so mad:mad: that I did not post one this time... All my stretching for 8 weeks and CW's, cut off and just laying on the floor:swearing: :whyme: :angry2: :cry2: :cry: ...Oh, well I will make sure it is only a trimming and not a hair cut the next time I get a trim... or better yet, do it myself... But my hair is healthier and thicker now that I am stretching... and I guess maybe the trim helped:p :ohwell: :look: ... But I will post pictures at the end of the challenge anywho......

I hope there will be another shoulder/armpit challenge for 2006...

:( :( I know I need a trim myself, but scared they'll chop it back to its summer length, I'll have my mom do my trim for me.
Your hair grew real fast this year, I'm sure you'll be thre in no time!!

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i think i'm gonna make armpit. i was past shoulders in sept but havent seen my hair for a while because i've been corn rolled but i have stuck to my mtg almost daily sometimes 2xs per day i will update either mid dec for my bday or at the end of dec. i really just want to overdose on this msm i have and see if it helps but i can only stomach a tablespoon of this stuff at a time
happy growing

KathyMay

msportugal said:
i think i'm gonna make armpit. i was past shoulders in sept but havent seen my hair for a while because i've been corn rolled but i have stuck to my mtg almost daily sometimes 2xs per day i will update either mid dec for my bday or at the end of dec. i really just want to overdose on this msm i have and see if it helps but i can only stomach a tablespoon of this stuff at a time
happy growing

Congrats Ms Portugal. You are definately at APL.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
thanks kathy may but the pic in the brown t is from Jan b4 a scissor happy stylist choppe me so hopefully i'm back or past that level!!!

LadyZ

Naijaqueen said:
:( :( I know I need a trim myself, but scared they'll chop it back to its summer length, I'll have my mom do my trim for me.
Your hair grew real fast this year, I'm sure you'll be there in no time!!

Naij,

I just peeped your album... :eek: your hair is doing great...I agree, let someone you trust trim your hair... Or you'll be like me... set back 3 month's... believe me it hurts big time:cry2: ... But sometime not getting a trim when you need one can sabotage all your hard work also... So I'm not mad... my hair feels much better and now I just have to keep my ends healthy and moist through this brutal winter we are having...

Keep up the great job you are doing... It is really showing...

I hope we have another challenge

Hi Ladies,

I think I am going to barley make it. Right Now, I can pull hair from my sides and touch my armpits. I mean it does not touch armpit naturally when I bend my head down but if pulled, it does reach. I'll post pics soon!