Shoulder/Armpit Challenge- 2005

MonaLisa

It's been about BSL and Waist Length for 2005 -- There are some that would be happy just to make it to shoulder length and armpit length in 2005! We gots dreams too! We want fame! We're moisturizing, baggie-ing, stretching...lol...

Yes, I'm on the BSL in 2006 thread..but dangnabit...that is still a ways a way. I wants me a thread I can be on for NEXT year!

Anybody else??? Anybody. Help. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: It\'s all about Waist length and BSL in 2005...What about the folks...

i would be happy with just armpit length too. to me, armpit length isnt that far from brastrap length.

i would like armpit length by April or May! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nenah

Re: It\'s all about Waist length and BSL in 2005...What about the folks...

I'm jumping on this Goal Thread!!!!

inthepink

Re: It\'s all about Waist length and BSL in 2005...What about the folks

My goal for 2005 is to have my hair sit on my shoulders while curly. I probably need about 4 more inches of growth to achieve this. I'm hoping for August 2005.

phynestone

If my hair isn't at my brastrap by the end of next year, i can still settle for armpit length.

Poorbear, you are so pretty!

genesis

I would be happy with armpit length hair too!

webby

Think Slim

I'm with ya all the way. My ultimate goal is to reach my old length (well past BSL), but right now...I'm striving for shoulder and then armpit.

Count me in /images/graemlins/up.gif

Nice

Hey Monalisa,

Good thread. I think that I want to jump on the armpit lenght by the end of 2005 (depending on how much length I retained when I take out these braids at the end of the month). Hopefully my hair won't be a matted mess.

Nice

BTW, what challenges are you guys jumping on to reach your goal. I will be on the Vitamin challenge and I think that I will try the baggie method when I take these braids out /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
Hey Monalisa,

Good thread. I think that I want to jump on the armpit lenght by the end of 2005 (depending on how much length I retained when I take out these braids at the end of the month). Hopefully my hair won't be a matted mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Nice! I thought we needed some love too for 2005! LOL.

Try and keep the braids moisturized, with something like world of curls or Unbraid Take Down spray to assist with the braids.

webby

Think Slim

I am just going to continue my normal regimine; it worked when I grew my hair really long, so I'll just continue.

Regular washings, roller setting and blowing my roots.
I don't really wear my hair up, until it's longer, because it's just too thick.

SouthernGirl

Mona, I just love you gurlie!

I'm one of those BSLers (and about 50 other challenges), but I'm in total support of wherever you are, whatever the length! Just plain healthy hair is REALLY the key, because if it reaches your bra and it's not healthy, that's not so much fun.

Best wishes sweetie! We're all in this together /images/graemlins/smile.gif
SG

SandySea

I'll jump on board. My goal of 20" by my next b-day (7/5/05) should land me at that length. That would be the longest that I've been since right before my big chop 6 years ago. I feel that the only way I'm going to get there is to wear braids and let my hair just rest a while.

Chinagem

Count me in too! I'd love to have a head full of natural shoulder length hair by the end of 2005.

Tonya

Count me in!!!! Arm pit length here i come!

Nice

I think that she should all take shots of our hair now and then a year from now post our comparisons.

Since MonaLisa started this thread, I nominate her to be the organizer for the 2005 comparison re-post /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LB_Williams

Signing up for the BSL by 2006. Yes, right now the goal is shoulders....thanks for thinking about us poor short hairs, girl. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:

I'm one of those BSLers (and about 50 other challenges), but I'm in total support of wherever you are, whatever the length! Just plain healthy hair is REALLY the key, because if it reaches your bra and it's not healthy, that's not so much fun.

SG

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...thank you girl! Just trying to be like you when I finally grow up!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Yes, healthy hair FIRST! Length SECOND...
but both at the same time would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
I think that she should all take shots of our hair now and then a year from now post our comparisons.

Since MonaLisa started this thread, I nominate her to be the organizer for the 2005 comparison re-post /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee...thanks...Nice...LOL.
God willing...I'm still breathing...I will put the reminder to post comparison pics in December 2005! I will put the REMINDER out there! Don't act like y'all ain't got camera phones! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm gonna take a pic after my touch up. I'm stretching right now.

Good luck all! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Shoulder length will be a bit of a stretchhhhh for me...but hopefully I can get there by the end of 2005. I'm gonna try to shoot for it...I'm in! I'll be sticking to the same routine that I have been doing since I started this healthy hair care journey last year. Wish me luck! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ayeshia

shoulders seem very far for me right away...well at least for the front of my head /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic

Well,

I guess if I plan to be at bra-strap by 2006 I better reach shoulder length some time in '05 /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. My goal is May 2005.

Wow Mona, this was a great idea!!! I'm all excited now /images/graemlins/grin.gif, THANKS

MonaLisa

*Mona digs in the crates for the Oprah theme song from two years ago....*

Get excited people...take care of those follicles! Massage them, feed them good meals and drink, frolic and exercise...
/images/graemlins/clap.gif

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:

SG

[/ QUOTE ]
I co-sign. /images/graemlins/clap.gif Some people need to have realistic goals and what constitute long hair is highly subjective. If your hair has never grown past your chin, then if it reaches your shoulders, collarbone or armpits, then you've got long hair for you .

By the way Mona Lisa, you write the funniest, most hilarious posts. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Daughter

UK Blak

I want bra strap length hair by August 2005!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SouthernJewel

exceeding expectations...

Im looking for healthy and even shoulder length by 5/2005.

Shawnee66

Armpit length by 2005 sound like a goal that I might be able to achieve. I hope to be there by Dec 2005, I'm presently at shoulder length.

Mahalialee4

Webby: I would love to view your album. Could I get the password on a PM or is it already posted somewhere? /images/graemlins/look.gifBonjour /images/graemlins/cool.gif

EbonyEyes

I'm in!

Below shoulders by the end of 2005
Bra strap by the end of 2006

-Ebony

lovelymissyoli

Armpit length sounds good...I would be happy with any length 3 inches beyond my shoulders! /images/graemlins/smile.gif