Slow growers unite 2014

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today's blowout. My short layers are growing super fast, but the longer layers look the same. I am really close to bsl :yay:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1422411709741.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1422411709741.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 99

Babygrowth

I like the one by Bolthouse. It's 100% with nothing added. It actually taste pretty good. Other brands were not good. I eat baby carrots with hummus too. I eat those daily. I ran out of protein powder, but I have been drink a protein drink from Bolthouse, but I think the powder is more economical. I am starting to eat fish three times a week too.

I tried that one and didn't like it because it wasn't sweet enough! Lol :look: if I'm not eating donuts and honey buns anymore I need some sort of sweet. Don't judge me! I should try it again. I can always find that on sale but not my Naked juice go figure. I was looking into this fish and flax oil supplement by Rainbow light. I'm going to order it this weekend.

Evolving78

I tried that one and didn't like it because it wasn't sweet enough! Lol :look: if I'm not eating donuts and honey buns anymore I need some sort of sweet. Don't judge me! I should try it again. I can always find that on sale but not my Naked juice go figure. I was looking into this fish and flax oil supplement by Rainbow light. I'm going to order it this weekend.
I have my sugar moments during my cycle. I'm not trying to lose weight, but just trying to eat a little better and keep the weight off. I'm getting too old to just go on a sugar rampage, or just blatantly eat crap all of the time. I'm getting sick of my hair again. I don't like that I can't enjoy it.

Babygrowth

I have my sugar moments during my cycle. I'm not trying to lose weight, but just trying to eat a little better and keep the weight off. I'm getting too old to just go on a sugar rampage, or just blatantly eat crap all of the time. I'm getting sick of my hair again. I don't like that I can't enjoy it.

I know what you mean. I'm finally getting to a place where I can enjoy my hair but the fear of losing all of this progress I made is overwhelming. I'm sorry that your hair is acting up. It won't last forever.

Evolving78

So do you have to drink it or can you just eat carrots? I guess its supposed to be the beta-carotene in carrots?
yes you are correct, but I just drink it. I like eating carrots, but not daily. It you take in a lot it will give you a nice glow, but if you are extreme with it, your skin will turn orange.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
ronie we have the same hair and body goals. I'm actually giving myself until September to get to 130. My youngest will be 2... I aint having no mo so this baby weight gotta go. Excuse the rachetness :lachen:

ronie

ronie we have the same hair and body goals. I'm actually giving myself until September to get to 130. My youngest will be 2... I aint having no mo so this baby weight gotta go. Excuse the rachetness :lachen:

You did well for 4 kids. I only have one so I have no room for extra lbs. I have a family reunion/cousin wedding in July in Florida. That's why I am pushing for 130 by then. Otherwise September ( husby s birthday) would have been the goal month too. It's also the time we want to start trying again. We can do this. We ll push each other. We gotta bump the weight loss and hair care thread.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yeah let's keep each other on track. We don't have a 2015 weight/hair challenge so I guess we can just keep the old one going.

I got a new glass scale today. It's a lot more user froendly than my body fat scale

snoop

Yeah let's keep each other on track. We don't have a 2015 weight/hair challenge so I guess we can just keep the old one going.

I got a new glass scale today. It's a lot more user froendly than my body fat scale

ronie Prettymetty
There is one. I just can't put in the link from my phone. Good luck to you both! I'm sure you'll rock your challenge.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
When my roots revert it feels like I'm doing a relaxer stretch. The roots are thick, the ends appear thin and my hair seems shorter than it was when I first got it done.

So basically I can't tell if my hair has grown :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have actually been growing faster than normal... I measured my undyed roots and my hair has grown nearly 2 inches this year :yay: :cheers:

I have been trimming away all my progress so it's bittersweet. I will stop trimming once all the straight ends are gone:hair:.

charmtreese

I'm still slowly growing. At the end of June 2014 I had between 9-10 inches of hair. Currently I have between 13-14 inches of hair. Certainly not the average 1/2 inch a month. With my bang area growing the slowest, I've retained only 3 inches in that area since last June. Most other areas on my head have retained aprox. 4-4.5 inches. With the crown growing the fastest. Needless to say, I have trimmed occasionally...a totally of maybe 1 - 2 Inches. Breakage is not an issue, so I'm sure my retention is not a problem. I take growth vitamins, use growth aids, message nightly, protective style, baggie, DC weekly, low manipulation style, use heat only 1-2 a year... and so on. Therefore I was expecting a little more in the growth department. I plan to do my final measurement at the end of this month on straightened hair, maybe a miracle will happen and I will grow an inch this month!!

GGsKin

I'm still slowly growing here. I've found a good rhythm with my regimen and my hair is looking better than earlier in the year. I haven't used heat for about a year, and although I've just bought a new blow drier and flat iron, I don't plan to use them on myself for at least another year.

I have done a couple of 'coil by coil' dustings, one trim where I chopped the ends of some twists. And a severe S+D where I got rid of some wispy strands near my crown. The dustings and trim probably total about 1 inch.

After that (early May), my crown felt at a standstill but the other parts are slightly longer than they were in January, so that's something:yep:.

IronButterfly

I did a light dusting the last day of the full moon (yes, I am calling in all superstitions, supernaturals and divine interventions). I have noticed my hair growing a tad faster these days since I've been consistently exercising. I assume my metabolism has sped up some. My grey roots have been showing crazy lately.

Babygrowth

Hey yall! I'm back! Still growing slow but I've picked up some thickness which is awesome. I trimmed my hair on June 17 which was the summer solstice for root work so I'm sure I will get a spurt soon. I have to get back into inversion and I have been paying more attention to my intake and exercise.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have somewhat fallen off of the healthy eating bandwagon. I'm still trying to eat clean, but I stopped logging my food.

I started a new supplement for my liver (milk thistle). Hopefully it helps with my overall metabolism (including hair growth).

I haven't been to the gym in a while since I'm wearing my hair straight. I do massage my scalp daily and I invert a few times a week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My growth rate truly makes me sad :( I have changed my diet, taken supplements, done massages, inversions and even applied topical growth aids... I still have only grown 2 inches this year. And after my 2 trims I am the same length that I was in January :(

On the bright side most of my thin damaged ends are gone.