Solaray Bamboo (or other brand name) Challenge!

Nice & Wavy

VWVixxen said:
Well...um...I've been toying with the idea! Ok, I'm busted, I did add the Bamboo about 5 days ago...

:)

LOL...ok, let me know how it works for you. How much Silica does it have in it? Remember, the Solaray has: Bamboo (Bambusa vulgaris) (stem extract) (Guaranteed to contain 420 mg [70%] organic silica) so, you don't want to overdo it, ok?

LaNecia

Nice & Wavy said:
LOL...ok, let me know how it works for you. How much Silica does it have in it? Remember, the Solaray has: Bamboo (Bambusa vulgaris) (stem extract) (Guaranteed to contain 420 mg [70%] organic silica) so, you don't want to overdo it, ok?

Good looking out, let me check...be back shortly.

ETA: (That VW is quick huh?! :lol:)

The Eidon has 375 mg of Silica...I guess I have to make a choice? :wallbash: I'll finish the liquid and then use the rest of the Solaray.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

VWVixxen said:
Good looking out, let me check...be back shortly.

ETA: (That VW is quick huh?! :lol:)

The Eidon has 375 mg of Silica...I guess I have to make a choice? :wallbash: I'll finish the liquid and then use the rest of the Solaray.

Yes, I think that might be a good idea...with 795 mg, it might be a bit much.

I saw this too and wanted to add. Seems like silicon helps to absorb calcium better (which is good for us ladies)

Calcium absorption is enhanced by the presence of silicon, and like silicon, calcium is involved in normal bone development. Calcium also has a role to play in regulating the heartbeat, in energy production, immune function and cell membrane permeability. Like silicon, a deficiency of calcium may speed skin aging.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Ladies go check my fotki so you can see what the silica is doing to/for my hair....I just took those pics yesterday.

side note: I also take the flaxseed oil gelcaps so that may be contributing to it also, I've been taking it for almost 3 months...let me know what you think.

MzOptimistic

EMJazzy said:
Ladies go check my fotki so you can see what the silica is doing to/for my hair....I just took those pics yesterday.

side note: I also take the flaxseed oil gelcaps so that may be contributing to it also, I've been taking it for almost 3 months...let me know what you think.

That bamboo silica, aint no joke:grin: it has loosened my texture and my hair is very soft. When my texture first start changing I thought I didn't have any ng becasue it didn't feel the defined waves/coils but now I know I have ng because my ng feels thicker than my relaxed hair and it's allowing me to stretch longer, lately I have been stretching for 10 weeks. I'm going to try to stretch for 12 weeks this time but the minimum is 11 weeks. Each retouch I'm going to try to stretch longer and longer as long as there is no breakage of course:)

Your texture is very pretty:)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
tsmith said:
That bamboo silica, aint no joke:grin: it has loosened my texture and my hair is very soft. When my texture first start changing I thought I didn't have any ng becasue it didn't feel the defined waves/coils but now I know I have ng because my ng feels thicker than my relaxed hair and it's allowing me to stretch longer, lately I have been stretching for 10 weeks. I'm going to try to stretch for 12 weeks this time but the minimum is 11 weeks. Each retouch I'm going to try to stretch longer and longer as long as there is no breakage of course:)

Your texture is very pretty:)

Thank you! :D That texture change came from the liquid silica brand that I'm taking, I wanted to give that one a chance to work before trying a different brand.

Like you, I didn't realized that it was having any kind of effect on my hair, I found out quite by accident....One day last week I noticed my twists were hard and felt kind of brittle and looked dull a couple of days after dc'ing with Garnier Fructose Deep Conditioner Sleek and Shine :mad: I was scared to touch my hair for fear of it breaking so I mixed some conditioner and castor oil together, put it in my hair then I put on a plastic cap and slept in it overnight. In the morning I rinsed it out then almost had a heart attack because I didn't have enough time to retwist my hair (had to go to work)....I looked in my cabinet and grabbed the first gel I saw (which was the Fantasia IC Thick and Shine) and as soon as it touched my hair it waved up, when it dried it still looked good but my hair felt hard :( I wanted my hair to be "touchable" so the next day I mixed a little curl activater with the Fantasia IC and my hair stayed moist, wavy and definitely *touchable* all day long...I've been wearing it like that every since. Along with my bearclaw hair clip I should be able to retain every inch I grow this year. :D

Sorry for writing a novel. :look:

GinnyP

EMJazzy said:

Wow, unbelievable your bald spot grew back in so quickly!! Congratulations, how did you do it? you mention MTG when I used it I hated the smell what did you do to combat that bacon smell?

Your hair is beautiful!!!

MzOptimistic

jancan7 said:
Wow, unbelievable your bald spot grew back in so quickly!! Congratulations, how did you do it? you mention MTG when I used it I hated the smell what did you do to combat that bacon smell?

Hey jancan:)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
jancan7 said:

Thank you! :D

I don't do anything to change the smell, it doesn't bother me at all. I just put a few drops of MTG in that spot and massage it in....I started out doing it everyday, now I just do it weekly.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Hidden_Angel said:
It made my heart skip.. and soon as it did.. i threw it out the window quick!

My goodness, had I known you couldn't use it I would have gladly taken it off of your hands. :yep: Oh well, I still have 2 large bottles left. :cool:

MzOptimistic

jancan7 said:
Hey TSmith, I am still stalking you(LOL)
You are my inspiration!!!

Keep growing girl it's looking good!!

awww:kiss:, thank you. You have to get a fotki album so I can follow your progress as well:)

LaNecia

Update:

Just coming back to report on my progress with the Silica. I'm still taking the liquid...have about a week to go then it's on to the Solaray!!

But, in the meaner...my new growth is sooooooo soft it's ubelievable! :shocked: Were it not for a color difference in the top (my 4a section, I'd barely be able to discern the new growth from the texlaxed hair.

I'm a happy camper. I may be able to keep stretching my relaxers to 16 weeks afterall!

gn1g

VWVixxen said:
Update:

Just coming back to report on my progress with the Silica. I'm still taking the liquid...have about a week to go then it's on to the Solaray!!

But, in the meaner...my new growth is sooooooo soft it's ubelievable! :shocked: Were it not for a color difference in the top (my 4a section, I'd barely be able to discern the new growth from the texlaxed hair.

I'm a happy camper. I may be able to keep stretching my relaxers to 16 weeks afterall!
You look so cute and happy. Congrats.

Nice & Wavy

This stuff is awesome with nail growth! My nails are growing nicer now than ever before! Also, I too notice my hair softer and I notice that I don't have hardley any shedding whatsoever. I'm not sure if its the bamboo causing that part of it (no shedding) but, whatever it is...i'm very happy about that!

Nanyanika

you ladies seem to be getting great results with bamboo silica, i thank God when i found out this information last year, i'm happy to have shared this with everyone. good luck

cocoberry10

Nice & Wavy said:
This stuff is awesome with nail growth! My nails are growing nicer now than ever before! Also, I too notice my hair softer and I notice that I don't have hardley any shedding whatsoever. I'm not sure if its the bamboo causing that part of it (no shedding) but, whatever it is...i'm very happy about that!

I think I will join this challenge, or at least add this to my vitamin regimen.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
bumping....

How are you ladies doing?

I started with horsetail silica about a week and a half ago...I'm already seeing an amazing difference in my nails...longer and harder. As far as my hair is concerned I've been feeling the "creepy crawlies" on my scalp every single day for the past week. I cw every day, dc twice a week so I know the creepy crawlies isn't because my scalp is dirty. If it means my growth rate is increasing then horsetail silica will be a permanent part of my regimen. :yep:

LaNecia

Still going strong with the Bamboo, though after having been using it consistenly for a good while, I can honestly say I think I got better results with the Eidon Liquid Silica. I have a bottle and a half of the Solaray to use up. I'll continue to evaluate and decide which is a keeper from there.

PinkPebbles

I've been taking the Solaray Bamboo Silica for a month now and my hair is growing in very soft...I didn't see an increase in my growth rate yet but it has only been a month.