Spin Pins for Bunning

LexaKing

Anyone else use Spin Pins for bunning? I love them, they have such great hold even with my layers. But I was wondering if anyone else uses them and if it has helped with protective styling.

prettybyrd

Oh, yeah! I can get a bun with one spin pin that holds all day. I love them! And unlike bobby pins, I've been using the same one for over a year! :)

Evolving78

i think my hair is too short and layered for the spin pin. hopefully i will be able to comfortable use one this year.

prettybyrd

shortdub78 - if your hair is the same length as it is in your pic, you may want to try them. My natural hair is about your length straight but much shorter when in it's natural state and it works well. You may be pleasantly surprised! :)

Mz.MoMo5235

I love my spin pins! I use 2 because one wont keep my bun up. They're way more comfy than hair pins and bobby pins. I rarely lose them. I can sleep with them in as long as my bun is on top of my head. And they entertain children if you're like me and uncomfortable around kids and dont know how to play with them when left with them for more than 3min :lol:

Evolving78

shortdub78 - if your hair is the same length as it is in your pic, you may want to try them. My natural hair is about your length straight but much shorter when in it's natural state and it works well. You may be pleasantly surprised! :)

yeah it has gotten longer since that pic. now you are going to have me running to Sally's! :lol:

sunnieb

Thanks for posting this! My spin pins are in the bottom of my hair basket. I need to dig them out. I used to wear them daily. So easy and never snagged a hair!

LexaKing

I even got the mini pins (3 smaller ones) because I love how well they hold and you can create so many styles! I just moisturize and seal my ends and rock a bun all day. It's a perfect hold every time :)

LexaKing

Lilmama1011 said:
I always saw those but I always walked passed them, I thought they were damaging

I would think they are less damaging then bobby pins. They aren't as tight, and don't have pointy ends. I haven't noticed and problems using them.

LexaKing

classoohfive said:
I love them! I have two sets :look: I purchased them when I first started bunning and it made things so much easier.

I agree! I could never get a perfect bun till those came out :)

addaboutmyhair

I thought they were damaging too. I got that impression because you twist/corkscrew them into the hair and that motion seems more damaging than a butterfly clip, but I've never used one. LexaKing - so you haven't had any strands come out/break and cling to the pin as you removed it?

Lilmama1011

addaboutmyhair said:
I thought they were damaging too. I got that impression because you twist/corkscrew them into the hair and that motion seems more damaging than a butterfly clip, but I've never used one. LexaKing - so you haven't had any strands come out/break and cling to the pin as you removed it?

That's what I thought too

LexaKing

addaboutmyhair said:

Not at all, It's very gentle feeling. I just make sure to m&s before I make a bun. Whenever I wear hair ties and Bobby pins my hair would be sore after awhile but not with the spin pins. It's a gentle clockwise spin with ALL DAY hold. My hair would take lots of Bobby pins and I only need to spin pins and no hair ties.

LexaKing

Plus when you remove them, you have pretty waves. Clips can be sharp at the end and thin your hair if used in the same spot. If you look at a spin pin, they have round bulbs at the end and are smooth.

Attachments

• image-3238264096.jpg
    image-3238264096.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 30

kinkycurlygurl

I really like spin pins for my buns. They hold all day without the tightness. I can also do a messy bun using only spin pins with no elastic band. They're the best.

LexaKing

kinkycurlygurl said:
I really like spin pins for my buns. They hold all day without the tightness. I can also do a messy bun using only spin pins with no elastic band. They're the best.

Yeah I love them! I could never get my bun to look as good as it does now with spin pins.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use spin pins for my high bun when I sleep. I was scared they would get tangled in my hair at first but they never do. I just ordered some with a big pearl on the ends, can't wait to get them. It'll add a little pizzaz.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I use spin pins for my high bun when I sleep. I was scared they would get tangled in my hair at first but they never do. I just ordered some with a big pearl on the ends, can't wait to get them. It'll add a little pizzaz.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Pokahontas
Where do you get those from? Sounds cute!